Only in America...

2,998 posts in this topic

Maybe she worked there

- Gee, the new PotUS has created a million jobs!

- I know, I have three of them

On 5/1/2021, 8:43:38, LukeSkywalker said:

Disney Land in the US reopened. A woman outside was interviewed. She had a difficult time during the long closure she said since she used to visit the park 5 times per week 🤔.

Nothing shocks me anymore after I found out that there are grown-ass, childless people who simply live in Southern California and put money aside to visit Disneyland once a YEAR.  They have their little favorite characters and universes that they follow and enjoy going as grownups alone to Disneyland and refer to it as "Disney."  

Going even once sounds like pure hell to me, and I'd only do that if it were a.) free and I was the only one allowed in the park b.) to take the kids of someone who'd died in a fire c) to take a kid whose last wish it was or d.) because they were handing out free waffles, diamonds and Cadillacs to everybody who bought a day ticket but didn't actually ride any of the rides.

My sister (childless) and her husband enjoyed going to Disneyworld in Florida once a year when they visited his mother down there. They took their very nice camping trailer and stayed at a luxury camping site. Don't ask me. I remember having to take our kids there when they were little and enjoying it through their eyes but not the crowds and waiting in line for rides. That was back when a day ticket was about $20.

My earliest memory was going as a family when I was young and it first opened. Magical!

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Too dumb, you say?

Might be an every day occurrence in some places.

Seriously that story is so dumb.

You have a gun but you don`t secure it on yourself or in the car or even in its holster.

Said gun falls out of car with its holster.

You find the holster and can´t find the gun.WTF ?

So then instead of continuing to search for the gun or calling the police to inform them you have lost your gun you decide to post a message on fucking FB while apparently continuing on with your day like nothing has happened.

All this while knowing that the gun has a serial number on it which can be traced back to you.

What probably would have been better for the gene pool is if when this gun had "dropped" it had gone off and killed both these fucking idiots.

Just wondering if it is legal in whatever part of the US that is to get into a car with a loaded gun? Nothing surprises me anymore.

Agree with Keleth anyway. What a moronic occurrence.

How can you lose a gun just like that? 

It is legal in most parts of the US to carry either a concealed weapon or unconcealed weapon that is fully loaded. Many people keep a loaded weapon in their cars. In some places, one can also walk into a Walmart or other public places with a loaded AK15.

Where have you been?

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It is legal in most parts of the US to carry either a concealed weapon or unconcealed weapon that is fully loaded. Many people keep a loaded weapon in their cars. In some places, one can also walk into a Walmart or other public places with a loaded AK15.

Where have you been?

Why can not Biden call a referendum ? on gun control 

Is there no process for that in the US, just interested 

Democrats have been fighting for stricter gun controls for years as is Biden. The problem is getting the Republicans to vote for them. They want their freedumbs.

36 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Where have you been?

Safe somewhere else!😂

Anecdote: sometime in the 70s, oil crisis and for some reason got chatting to an American in a motel room. Can‘t remember why. He was playing with a gun and said something like „ those Arabs. I‘m ready.“

Swear to God.

15 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Why can not Biden call a referendum ? on gun control 

Is there no process for that in the US, just interested 

meh, if They had wanted it done, They would have gotten it done.  What I can't figure out is whose purpose it serves to have US Americans killing each other all the time.  Why "The Democrats" don't get universal healthcare and higher education and decent housing solutions done is obvious; whether Dem or Repub the guys up top are at the beck and call of the rich, who are not even coy about their war on the poor.  The gun thing doesn't get done not because it's not possible but because someone doesn't want it to get done.  But I still can't figure out what the theory part of my conspiracy theory is.  🤔

I think I heard that most people in the US want gun control, if there was a free vote they would get it, but why have I never heard of a referendum in the US ?

5 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Why "The Democrats" don't get universal healthcare and higher education and decent housing solutions done is obvious; whether Dem or Repub the guys up top are at the beck and call of the rich, who are not even coy about their war on the poor.  

Of course the rich are not going to help the poor people, they would have to get a yacht with 2 less bedrooms

no, no.  Not "not help."  

The rich are out to make the poor as poor as possible, and for the ones who already as poor as possible, it's fine for these to simply die.  There will be more to take their place, anyway.

Über-rich people are quoted all the time talking about their utter disdain for the poor.  This shrinking and eventually erasure of the middle class and impoverishing of the working class is by design; it's not simply a symptom of a broken system but the goal.

We share the same conspiracy theory, then , dessa!😂

But not some right wing stuff! Back to my left wing roots!😂 

And some extra wisdom: Americans - just like Brazilians - are really friendly folk except when they are killing each other. 

11 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

no, no.  Not "not help."  

The rich are out to make the poor as poor as possible, and for the ones who already as poor as possible, it's fine for these to simply die.  There will be more to take their place, anyway.

Über-rich people are quoted all the time talking about their utter disdain for the poor.  This shrinking and eventually erasure of the middle class and impoverishing of the working class is by design; it's not simply a symptom of a broken system but the goal.

I mean like does the US constitution allow for referendums

Just trying to learn something, guess not all the rich are bad, Bill Gates has given hugh amounts of money away

Although he was bad in 90's and 2000, but hey he was trying to run a business

10 minutes ago, yesterday said:

guess not all the rich are bad, Bill Gates has given Hugh amounts on money away

Well, "all" of anybody is rarely ever just one thing.  Bill Gates does a lot of philanthropy but he also mercilessly crushed and squeezed out the competition on his way to the top, grabbing every last crumb out of every last competitor's mouth.  He's a pretty textbook evil capitalist with a cute nerdy exterior.

Nobody on here talking about his and Melinda‘s divorce plans yet?

The mind boggles! 😂

7 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Well, "all" of anybody is rarely ever just one thing.  Bill Gates does a lot of philanthropy but he also mercilessly crushed and squeezed out the competition on his way to grabbing every last crumb out of every last competitor's mouth.  He's a pretty textbook evil capitalist with a cute nerdy exterior.

ok I agree, I amended my post

I hated him in the late 90's. some of my favorite firms went to the wall  because of him.

but I am not really sure what else you are supposed to do in the capitalist world we live in

Do you think, he should of sit back and let the competitors win ? What is his job ? if it is not to do better than the rest