Only in America...

2,953 posts in this topic

Oh dear and there I was thinking it must be a new way of deciding drawn football matches after extra time.

3 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Oh dear and there I was thinking it must be a new way of deciding drawn football matches after extra time.

I'd mix the two. As the person to be executed you get to pick the team to take the penalties and the goal keeper.

Teams have to be form major footballing nations. If the striker wins the out of five, your had comes off. If the goalkeeper wins, your sentence changes to life in prison. 

If you pick England to take the penalties you'll get to eat a lot of prison food. 

These things have been happening on an almost daily basis for years. Somehow, the George Floyd case has brought it to the forefront. People of all colors are fed up. Police also kill white people but not nearly at the same level. 

Police also get shot and killed when making traffic stops, investigating domestic violence etc. You can't expect police in the US to be unarmed when every one else is. 

And yes, it is awful and sickening. All of it.

The crux of the problem, fraufruit...the police themselves in the US are also often in danger from armed people. Guns in so many hands. Yes, I know ( or think I know ) most Swiss males (?) all have guns at home but you don’t hear about all these shootings.. Yes, sickening, anyway. Cultural issues/ history etc😟

Jesus, then you have this:

"Footage has emerged of the head of the US National Rifle Association (NRA) repeatedly shooting an elephant in Botswana, sparking outrage. "

First published by the New Yorker and The Trace on Tuesday, the 2013 video shows Wayne LaPierre firing at the animal from point-blank range.

After Mr LaPierre struggles to kill it, another hunter takes the fatal shot. 

It has led to an outcry from animal rights groups and questions about Mr LaPierre's bungled efforts.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56923507

I know it's not strictly in the US but for fuck's sake...

4 minutes ago, tor said:

I bet they are cousins. 

😂 I thought it must be her uncle.

Just now, BethAnnBitt said:

😂 I thought it must be her uncle.

5 minutes ago, tor said:

I bet they are cousins. 

Probably both...

I have a close friend in Germany who is married to her first cousin.  And my German husband’s older brother is also his first cousin.  😂 

Disney Land in the US reopened. A woman outside was interviewed. She had a difficult time during the long closure she said since she used to visit the park 5 times per week 🤔.