Only in America...

2,945 posts in this topic

The daily mass shooting report -

Three people were killed and two were left wounded early Sunday in a shooting at a tavern in southeastern Wisconsin, sheriff's officials said.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Another mass shooting taking place in Austin TX right now.

Appears to be "domestic" as the news over there is describing it.

You have to wonder on the sanity of Americans when despite the countless deaths by firearms how they continuously rebel against any sort of gun control let alone a gun ban.

Sorry to include all Americans in this but this insanity has been going on through countless govts no matter if they´re Dem or Rep.

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

Sorry to include all Americans in this but this insanity has been going on through countless govts no matter if they´re Dem or Rep.

*groan* Yes.

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

You have to wonder on the sanity of Americans when despite the countless deaths by firearms how they continuously rebel against any sort of gun control let alone a gun ban.

Criminals can print guns rather than buy them.   The nut who opened fire on the Halle Synogogue a couple of years ago was using a printed gun. 

Gun violence is concentrated in very specific areas / demographics and linked to the drug trade and that is not a part of the lifestyle of the vast majority of voters. 

Despite fear mongering from fraufear and others via constant hyping of mass shootings, gun violence in the US has declined since the 1980s.  People who rely on narratives rather than data believe that things are much worse which is consistent with their internal narrative of being afriad of absolutely f****ing everything.    😱

Hope that helps.   😇

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Criminals can print guns rather than buy them.   The nut who opened fire on the Halle Synogogue a couple of years ago was using a printed gun. 

Why would they bother when buying a real one (even a semi- automatic assault rifle) is so much easier and cheaper?

21 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Why would they bother when buying a real one (even a semi- automatic assault rifle) is so much easier and cheaper?

The conversation goes like this:

a.  The US should ban/restrict guns.

b.  But if guns are outlawed, then only criminals will have guns.

a.  But criminals get their guns legally via loopholes so removing availability will keep the guns out of the hands of criminals.

b.  If those loopholes are shut, people with criminal intent will simply make them with 3D printers or buy them from a gun supplier who uses 3D.

Most gun murders in the US are performed with hand guns, but AK-47s generate a lot more headlines.

If i remember correctly, someone has posted FBI statistics on here.   Gun crime in the US is not uniform across all demographics and those who ignore that fact never seem to understand why things are as they are.  

It's a new day -

Five people were hospitalized after being shot and injured in Shreveport, Louisiana, CBS-affiliated television station KSLA reported late on Sunday, the third multiple shooting reported in the United States with 24 hours.

4 hours ago, balticus said:

The conversation goes like this:

a.  The US should ban/restrict guns.

b.  But if guns are outlawed, then only criminals will have guns.

That is a very dumb conversation.:wacko: At least three things I can think of with it: Firstly having a gun would then identify that person as a criminal, which is not bad. It is not your masked bandit who goes round shooting up a school/office/restaurant or even a massage parlour. If petty criminals were not so concerned that a upstanding citizen might shoot them down whilst they engaged in their illicit work they would be much less likely to carry arms and risk more serious conviction if caught.

Furthermore from memory of a study from some while back, I believe there are far more deaths fin the USA from shootings with legal firearms than from criminal activity will illegal firearms. Also I am not aware of the criminal extensive use  (or indeed any use) of 3D printed guns in the UK where pretty much all private ownership of firearms is all but forbidden.

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I believe there are far more deaths fin the USA from shootings with legal firearms than from criminal activity will illegal firearms

it's because the vast majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides. 

5 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Their body, their choice.   

While i don't condone suicide or trivialize it, suicide, mass shootings, and singular homicides by gun are very different. 

15 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

And there was me thinking guns don't kill people... ;) 

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Their body, their choice.

No. Suicide is a massive explosion with ripple effects that destroy and damage the lives of many.

Guns make it easy. 

11 hours ago, kiplette said:

No. Suicide is a massive explosion with ripple effects that destroy and damage the lives of many.

Guns make it easy. 

Nobody ever argued that suicide did not bring consequences.

Which of these is false?

1.  their body

2.  their choice  

39 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

Ohio again at the forefront of death-row technology.

Not sure what that is but despite using my google account they still wanted age verification, ID photo or credit card. neither of which I was prepared to give! What is it?