Only in America...

2,899 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Fucking Trumpist morons think it says: You are free to do the fuck what you please until the cops arrest you or shoot you for going too far. Goddamned idiots.

Even if the cops arrested or shot them they would not realise they had done anything wrong but would say their rights are being oppressed by the regime

We can do what we want and if you try to stop us you`re going against the constitution (eg.Right wingers getting banned for hate speech on Twitter etc.).

But if you do something we don`t agree with then you`re going against the constitution.(eg.Anything that doesn`t sit with their view of christianity)

1 hour ago, tor said:

I have no words...

Just called my 83 year old mother sobbing.  Don’t know what to say.  I’ve tried so hard to restrain myself, but I really hate that man.  I hate what he has done. 

3 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Just called my 83 year old mother sobbing.  Don’t know what to say.  I’ve tried so hard to restrain myself, but I really hate that man.  I hate what he has done. 

So sorry BethAnn, but I suspect if it were my country, I'd feel the same.

He will be gone soon, take some solace in that.

13 more days.

At least we have learned the next one has fundamental decency, in spite of being an old white kinda conservative man.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

At least we have learned the next one has fundamental decency, in spite of being an old white kinda conservative man.

Trump has set an exceptionally low bar for his successor. Fortunately, Biden is indeed a decent man, and I hope Harris will keep him on his toes. His cabinet picks know what their jobs will require, and they should fill them appropriately. 
All in all, worn out by this terrible day. The Senate Republicans showed their unwillingness to accept responsibility, with a few weak exceptions. Romney fulminated against the past two months, ignoring the previous forty-six. Graham played some sort of brief vaudeville routine. Watch out for Hawley over the next four years - he's a Trump in spe.

8 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I prefer to imagine him in a jump suit, getting a mug shot. Or Gaddafi holding a "speech" in a car in the rain comes to mind.

I continue to marvel how prescient JK Rowling was in Order of the Phoenix. It was all in that book: Cornelus Fudge, Dolores Umbridge to name a few.

edit: in a Freudian slip, I initially wrote Jeff Sessions

The Trump family will be fine as long as none of them tweet support for the protesters.

Oh...

Compare and contrast....

CNN's view on the difference between the police response to BLM in Washington and last nights rabble.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/07/us/police-response-black-lives-matter-protest-us-capitol/index.html

I watched this unfold on TV last night and decided I had to go to bed.

I didn't want to see the bloody mess on live TV. It would be bad enough having to read

the reports of police violence in the morning papers,

Seems I had nothing to fear.

Meanwhile, China raids and arrests dozens of pro-democracy politicians and their network in Hong Kong (completely legal and constitutional before the 'Security Law' was forced on it), many of whom will disappear down a black hole or be forced into public confessions to avoid the black hole. Xi, Putin, Khamenei, Erdogan will be saying, see, look what democracy brings, armed bandits and dead bodies in the legislature.

Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says

https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-protests-planned-50-state-capitols-fbi-bulletin/story?id=75179771

"Starting this week and running through at least Inauguration Day, armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols and at the U.S. Capitol, according to an internal FBI bulletin obtained by ABC News.

The FBI has also received information in recent days on a group calling for “storming” state, local and federal government courthouses and administrative buildings in the event President Donald Trump is removed from office prior to Inauguration Day. The group is also planning to “storm” government offices in every state the day President-elect Joe Biden will be inaugurated, regardless of whether the states certified electoral votes for Biden or Trump".

beeler.jpg?resize=600%2C437 

This is playing out right now on MSNBC, where the House of Representatives is considering a vote on impeachment. If it passes and the Senate ultimately convicts Trump, he'll be stripped of his life-time pension, travel allowance, etc. etc.: he'll also lose the right to ever serve in a federal office again.