Only in America...

2,979 posts in this topic

Yes I was very confused by the story.

I though USA police are only allowed to shoot innocent black people? She is a very, very cute, blue eyed blonde lass.

Aside from that cynicism, when the police raid government critics/whistle-blowers* to gather up their contacts, and draw more pople into the net.

That's we expect in China, Venezuela, Africa. Not in the country trying to export democracy to bring about world peace.

* Her crime was that she was 1 of 1000s sharing a username/password to access an information broadcast system, and somebody had used it to encourage more whistle-blowers to come forward. They might just as well have used jay walking or smoking a joint as an excuse to raid her house, and take all her electronics into custody.

I was pretty disturbed by the story as I watched it on CNN. Really was something I would expect to see in an authoritarian state. Even She stated that the IP address given to the Police was given to them by the very department that had fired her. So not exactly an impartial source of evidence.

26 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Aside from that cynicism, when the police raid government critics/whistle-blowers* to gather up their contacts, and draw more pople into the net.

That's we expect in China, Venezuela, Africa. Not in the country trying to export democracy to bring about world peace.

Here is a video in which the security services tipped off a major media outlet to film a completely unnecessary pre-dawn raid.   The dispicable authoritarians on TT cheered.  

1 hour ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Yes I was very confused by the story.

I though USA police are only allowed to shoot innocent black people? She is a very, very cute, blue eyed blonde lass.

Police in the US are allowed to shoot blonde women only if they (the police) are non-white muslims.   But then they go to prison, unlike the (white, non-muslim) police who shoot black women.

2 hours ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

Not in the country trying to export democracy to bring about world peace.

The USA exports democracy to open markets and take oil.  FYI. 

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Interesting article about how Americans are willing - even eager - to die for their freedumbs.

In most eastern Europeans countries, everyone had the basics also and the system collapsed in the late 1980s due to the surplus of happiness and freedom.    🤡

The Dakotas have a huge native American population which is by their own estimates, 5 times more susceptible to COVID than average.    

This type of hit-piece is exactly why people believe that the COVID crisis is largely being weaponized for political purposes.   

Listen to Science Jeff.   🤪

It's winter in Michigan
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love Michigan
When the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
You may think I'm a fool.
I could never leave Michigan,
'Cause I'm frozen to the stool.
- Stephen Moore

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow and outdoor

Winter in the U.P. of Michigan.

Amen is not latin but hebrew. Unfortunately, conservatives don't know shit about the fundaments of their supposed values. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, luvlein said:

Amen is not latin but hebrew. Unfortunately, conservatives don't know shit about the fundaments of their supposed values. Unbelievable.

There is a long etymology, and it comes from Semitic languages.    Read more here:   https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/amen#Latin

Is "awoman" Hebrew?   🤡

21 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

Thanks for that.

Eloquent explanations of my own observations.

But, how to fix it?

How to fix it is to bring back the good work the Ad Council did for civics back in the 70s.

That same group made sure that I understood how laws got made and can recite to you the Preamble to the Constitution that prioritizes the country's principles like this:

We the People (not the citizens or just the guys from Western Europe)

in order to form a more perfect union (you know, like, togetherness),

establish justice (for everyone here),

secure domestic tranquility (set it up so we can act civilized),

provide for the common defense (against all enemies, foreign and domestic),

promote the general welfare (before we talk about your rights even, let's understand that it is government's job to care for people)

and secure the blessings of liberty (yes, they fucked this up on race, but we fixed that and we'll keep fixing the ways that OWGs break our fix until they get it - and they did not mean wanton selfishness and dangerous-to-the-union behavior, but the blessings of liberty, such as voting, having some peace in your own house, not being the subject of a dictator or monarch. Still, don't forget the general welfare comes first.)

for ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. 

Fucking Trumpist morons think it says: You are free to do the fuck what you please until the cops arrest you or shoot you for going too far. Goddamned idiots.