Only in America...

2,507 posts in this topic

This is not satire.

and i don't care when he said it... 

On 17.6.2020, 17:44:34, BethAnnBitt said:

That means that a small mom-and-pop shop in Kansas that employs four people, for example, could still fire an employee for being gay, Velte said. ...

Do US employers need to give a reason if they fire someone?

They want to throw God's wonderful breathing system out

Not satire...

Before holding a vote to mandate the wearing of masks in public places to stop the spread of coronavirus, Palm Beach County commissioners were harangued by residents who accused them of obeying the devil, imposing a communist dictatorship and dishonouring the American flag.

Florida has just reported a daily record of 5,508 new coronavirus infections, bringing its total number of confirmed infections to 109,014, with 3,281 deaths.

The House votes to approve D.C statehood

' It is the first time a chamber of Congress has approved establishing the nation’s capital as the 51st state. The measure is all but certain to die in the Republican-led Senate. '

43 minutes ago, Metall said:

Uh... why do we even need DC to be the 51st state??!?

Seriously?  I lived there before I moved to Germany, and US Citizens who happen to live in Washington, DC do not have representation in Congress. There are several plans on the table regarding representation, and Statehood is just one of them. 

When I moved from Frankfort, Kentucky to DC I wrote my Congressmen (McConnell, Bunning, and the Rep whose name I don't remember) to ask if they would continue to represent my interests, now that I lived in the Capitol District.  Fucking crickets, and no surprise to me. 

Below is a sample of the license plate in DC.  Senator Joe Lieberman (D-CT) sponsored a bill (the No Taxation without Representation Act) that would have exempted DC residents from federal income tax until they were fully represented in Congress.  I might have remained in the US had that been signed into law. 

Washington%2C_D.C._license_plate%2C_2013

New York City man Damien Bend was arrested for arson in connection with a house fire ignited by illegal fireworks in Brooklyn, NY.

**The house was his own.** 

Video released by Fire Department New York shows a firework shot from Bend's hand enter the house through an open window, unseen by Bend and two others.

Bend then re-enters the house to retrieve and let off more fireworks, before the blaze inside is out of control.

The vision was released as New York City clamps down on a rise in illegal fireworks

I am sure that idiots like this are not "Only in America" but 

although there is a thread for twat of the day and scum of day 

we don't have a thread for idiot of the day (yet)

Alabama corona roulette parties... enuff said.

10 minutes ago, tor said:

good god

kanye west...

I can see his campaign slogan now: "And you thought Trump was mentally ill!"

2 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

2 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I can see his campaign slogan now: "And you thought Trump was mentally ill!"

'And you thought Melania was trash...'