Only in America...

2,381 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2020, 2:13:09, alderhill said:

There is however a boutique "perfume" going around that is supposed to smell like actual vagina, or rather VULVA, for that is the name. I once saw a very creepy short documentary/infomercial on it. Can't remember where I saw it, but the guy who created it (the idea and marketing anyway) is German. Creepy is all I can remember.

Surprised nobody went for the ass "perfume"!

Interesting that the children from a fomer marriage get in unannounced and their mother reports it. Could be part of a war of roses.

Paula White commands all 'satanic pregnancies to miscarry'

we are fucked.

A driver in the US has been caught trying to disguise a fake skeleton as a passenger so he could use a high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane.

The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the 62-year-old was pulled over when an official noticed the skeleton, which was wearing a hat and tied to the passenger seat with yellow rope.

The driver was given a penalty ticket.

Arizona man dresses up skeleton to drive in high-occupancy vehicle (HOV)  lane

18 hours ago, tor said:

Paula White commands all 'satanic pregnancies to miscarry'

we are fucked.

This is really by far the ugliest I've heard in a long time. Imagine the women having lost their babies. Already being traumatised  and then some irrational blubberbody can't be considerate enough to mind her own life. Go back to your trash can where you came from.

This is a special kind of stoopid

Falwell Rallies Rural Virginia Counties To Secede And Join West Virginia

' The press conference revealed some confusion about the law '

I remember reading Fast Food Nation: What The All-American Meal is Doing to the World

and thinking, if I travel to the States I should avoid eating beef.

But that was 15yrs ago. Surely there must be a backlash by now ?

Surely it should be illegal to allow faecal matter into US hamburgers??

Well it seems, history has repeated itself...

Trump's Plan to Privatize Pork Inspections Called 'a Recipe for Disaster' as Consumer Safety Groups Sue USDA

Under the new regulations put forth by the Trump administration, federal inspectors are no longer responsible for examining the animals before and after slaughter and will see a reduced role on the line.

According to Food & Water Watch:

The new rules prevent such inspection and hand over these responsibilities to the slaughter companies themselves. They also surrender federal control over removing contamination from carcasses to slaughter companies without any minimum training requirements for slaughter-plant employees.

I'll be  a vegetarian next time I visit (if I go at all).

Just waiting for the next "Gammelfleisch" story.

But of course, it'll all be exported to the UK as they stop importing Danish (EU) bacon.

Move along. Nothing to see here. All legal.

Men in balaclavas packing semi-automatic rifles and wearing camouflage, bullet-proof vests and combat boots marched into the Kentucky capitol in Frankfort Friday, driving out terrified visitors.

The men were gun rights activists and members of the group “We Are KY Gun Owners,” staging a Second Amendment rally proving they have a right to appear to be a paramilitary operation in the open-carry state. They were allowed by security to step around the capitol’s metal detectors.

“We can’t just whittle away one little piece here, one little piece there,” Calen Studler told the Louisville Courier Journal, referring to gun rights. “Then the [Constitution] doesn’t mean what it says anymore.”

the rest

When Upton Sinclair wrote The Jungle, he opened the eyes of the US to the appalling conditions in packing houses for consumers and for the workers. A synopsis says, 'The Jungle is a 1906 novel by the American journalist and novelist Upton Sinclair. Sinclair wrote the novel to portray the harsh conditions and exploited lives of immigrants in the United States in Chicago and similar industrialized cities.'

One step back?  How about ending over 100 years of FDA regulations?

When my mother told my great-grandfather, a member of the local Carnegie Library Board, of the book, he ordered it taken off the shelves.

How do the Democratic caucuses work?

In most other states, primary voting works similarly to voting in a regular election. Voters turn up at a polling station and cast their vote privately. They usually have all day to vote, and don’t have to tell anyone who they voted for. Not so in Iowa.

It isn’t a secret ballot. In that venue, a representative for each candidate will be standing in a certain area of the room.

Voters have to go and stand in the area where their candidate is represented. So Joe Biden supporters would be in one corner, Elizabeth Warren’s in another, and Bernie Sanders supporters in another. Everyone is tallied.

I thought the UK "first past the post" was a poor idea of representation.

But standing in the corner and waiting to be counted...

Really, I mean, really  ???

How the Iowa caucuses work

Guns don't kill people.

Well, not every time.

At least 26 people have been shot — and four killed — over the holiday weekend in Chicago, including 11 children, in the second straight weekend of widespread gun violence to impact the city. No children were among the fatalities.

According to the Chicago Police Department, 15 shooting incidents over the weekend have already been reported, and that number could rise ahead of official numbers being released tomorrow.

Two incidents involving children were the result of accidental shootings involving kids playing with firearms, according to authorities. On Friday night, an 11-year-old was hit in the neck after he and a 7-year-old child found a gun inside a house, which then went off. He was transported to the hospital in serious condition.

Later that same night, an 8-year-old and a 12-year-old were accidentally shot by a juvenile relative who was playing with a weapon inside another home. Both were taken to the hospital in fair condition.

In four separate incidents across Saturday and Sunday, teenagers were injured in drive-by shootings — in one shooting, a 17-year-old was offered drugs, and was shot after he refused; two teens were also among six people shot during a gathering in an apartment on Friday night. No one has been charged with a crime and police are investigating...

Blagojevich for fuck's sake.

and I think Weinstien is gonna get off...

seriously...

12 hours ago, tor said:

and I think Weinstien is gonna get off...

That poor ficus.