Only in America...

3,022 posts in this topic

Thirteen people were wounded, including a 16-year-old boy, when gunfire broke out early Sunday at a memorial party in Chicago for a man who was shot to death earlier this year, police said.

"It's a terrible tragedy and, frankly, an incredible act of cowardice," Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said during a news conference outside the Univerity of Chicago Medical Center, where she visited victims and their families.

The shooting came just three days before Christmas on what has been another violent weekend in Chicago in which a total of 35 people were shot in a multitude of incidents across the city, authorities said...

the rest

Thirteen people were wounded, including a 16-year-old boy, when gunfire broke out early Sunday at a memorial party in Chicago for a man who was shot to death earlier this year, police said.

"It's a terrible tragedy and, frankly, an incredible act of cowardice," Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said during a news conference outside the Univerity of Chicago Medical Center, where she visited victims and their families.

The shooting came just three days before Christmas on what has been another violent weekend in Chicago in which a total of 35 people were shot in a multitude of incidents across the city, authorities said

When it gets hot in Australia wildfires break out, in the US gunfire.

Welcome to Camp Paranoia- 

Aiming an AR-15 rifle across a Colorado valley dotted with antelope and cattle, Drew Miller explains how members of his new survival ranch would ride out an apocalypse.

The former U.S. Air Force intelligence officer said his latest Fortitude Ranch community, under construction below mountain forests, will shelter Americans fleeing anything from a bioengineered pandemic to an attack on the electricity grid.

For an annual fee of around $1,000, members can vacation at the camps in good times, and use them as a refuge during a societal collapse.

"If you've got a lot of weapons, if you've got a lot of members at guard posts, defensive walls, we don't think we're going to need to fight," said Miller, crouching on top of a fortified position on the camp perimeter.

The expansion of Miller's camp chain underscores the growing mainstream appeal of the "prepper" movement long associated with anti-government survivalists.

In recent years prepping has overlapped with millennial interests in renewable energy, homesteading, minimalist living and concerns about climate change.

Then there is politics.

Increasingly, Miller said, clients fear sharp political divisions will deepen around the Nov. 3, 2020 U.S. presidential election.

"There is growing concern that after the 2020 election there could be massive, long-lasting civil unrest if people say, 'Hey, I don't buy the new president, I don't recognize him or her,'" said Miller, who has added "civil war" to his risk scenarios...

and, of course, this is legal in America.

US saw highest number of mass killings on record in 2019

The US suffered more mass killings in 2019 than any year on record, according to researchers.

A database compiled by the Associated Press (AP), USA Today and Northeastern University recorded 41 incidents and a total of 211 deaths.

Mass killings are defined as four or more people being killed in the same incident, excluding the perpetrator.

Among the deadliest in 2019 were the killings of 12 people in Virginia Beach in May and 22 in El Paso in August.

Of the 41 cases in 2019, 33 involved firearms, researchers said. California had the highest number of mass killings per state, with eight.

I dare you to google

gwyneth paltrow vagina candle

I'll wait...

2 minutes ago, tor said:

I dare you to google

gwyneth paltrow vagina candle

I'll wait...

09-vagina-candle.w700.h700.jpg

candles, steaming, jade eggs...methinks gwyneth really needs a good rogering to cure whatever the hell it is that ails her 

Hey, come on. 75 dollars for her vagina scented candle probably better than her anus scented one.  But perhaps a niche market for that too.

´´

I need to do sommat about my dyslexia... I want to write vagina wide and got some old tennis  player wench!   :lol:

21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Her candle sold out within hours of the test run.

She is brilliant.

Copycats to follow.

"You paid $75 to sniff Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina - how much will you pay to sniff mine?" -- vapid C-celeb

(so sorry)

Good lord. I just try to imagine visiting someone and finding this in their bathroom. Yuck. Well there are other celebs currently looking for income so the idea might spread.