Only in America...

2,363 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2019, 9:56:11, lisa13 said:

I can't even believe what I read here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ice-arrests-90-more-foreign-151045004.html

ICE sets up a fake university, with fake authorization as a "real" uni, foreigners get real student visas to attend said university, then ICE busts and deports them

speechless.

Humm, I read it in detail and it seems that those "students" knew that they did not have to attend any class nor make any test.

Not 100% informed about it, but it does not sound as simple as it did from your description.

yeah i get that but it is not clear to me at least that was a factor in any objective sense. if they understood the uni was accredited what more is there to consider? I

worked with a former lead developer at Borland whose only formal education came from an online university...no classrooms...so? It's not as far fetched as it may seem.

On 11/28/2019, 2:49:59, fraufruit said:

You must be referring to Trump University. B)

Farmington University was set up by the government in 2015.   

There is actually a new tv series called 1,000 Pound Sisters.

The Slaton Sisters embark on a weight loss journey in TLC‘s upcoming docuseries, 1000-Lb Sisters., to premiere on New Year’s Day.

Amy and Tammy Slaton hope to undergo bariatric surgery — but the sisters, who live in Kentucky, will have to lose enough weight to qualify for the procedure.

Amy, 31, and Tammy, 32, weigh 406 lbs. and 605 lbs. respectively. Amy and her husband hope to start a family soon, but are struggling to get pregnant. Tammy has moved in with them following her last hospital stay and requires their help with everyday tasks...

here

On 12/4/2019, 7:02:24, fraufruit said:

There is actually a new tv series called 1,000 Pound Sisters.

Bread and circuses. But it looks like they should hold the bread for this one.

37 minutes ago, tor said:

I wish them well...600 pounds...i can't even...

There's a show on TLC called "My 600-lb life".  In German "Mein Leben mit 300kg".  You can youtube it if you are interested.  It's about people trying to get surgery to have their stomachs stapled and how they do afterwards.  You could say with that kind of weight, they have pretty serious health issues.

Yeah. I watched some episodes. Amazing. What normal people eat on a day, is just a snack for them. It's also not very helpful when family members bring fast food every single day.

And he's from GOP, sounds like God is going to have his revenge on those who use his name in vain

Pensacola attack: US grounds Saudi aviation students after navy base shooting

The US has grounded hundreds of Saudi military aviation students at bases across the country in the wake of Friday's deadly shooting in Florida.

All flying will be paused, though classroom studies will continue.

It comes after Defence Secretary Mark Esper ordered a review following the shooting of three sailors at a navy base by a Saudi Air Force lieutenant.

The FBI said it was trying to determine the motive of the attacker, who was shot dead by police.

Investigators say they are working on the assumption that it was an act of terrorism.

Why are the US still training the Saudi military? Aren't the Saudis responsible for 9/11?

murderers.jpg.54be6959d9eb146849d58c67e6