Only in America...

2,247 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I knew a lot of Yanks didn`t like the metric system but didn`t realise some of them thought it was a part of the New World Order

"kylo-grams"? 

what a tool.

Ha! Hilarious stuff?! It just goes to show it‘s not only the Brits that may yet not be ready for self-government!!

Katie Hill, a democratic representative out of the LA suburbs, will be resigning her seat in the house of representatives in Washington DC. She has been accused of having an affair with a staffer which as of MeToo, is against the rules.

Also, her ex husband, with whom she is having  a rather messy divorce seems, to have posted some rather undelicate fotos of her.

So the only person to be forced out of the US house of Reps for having an affair with a staffer is a woman.

While they all should follow the rules, it is a bit odd that in a male dominated chamber they have only found time to start to apply this rule to a woman is a bit disingenuous.

Texas cop shoots son, mistaking him for intruder

A Texas police officer has shot his son, mistaking him for an intruder, a police spokesperson said.

The gunfire rang out at the officer's home in the Dallas suburb of Desoto on Saturday evening.

The police have not filed any charges and have ruled out foul play. "It was an accident," said DeSoto Police spokesperson Pete Schulte.

The son, in his 20s, suffered a non-life threatening injury to his forearm, said Mr Schulte.

So he accidentally pulled his gun, aimed and shot his own son??

I AM THE MESSIAH, PRAISE ME.  Fucking hell, what a bunch of sycophantic wankers.

messiah.jpg

They are praying for him. That's his new appointed religious whatever-the-job-is-called that I posted about in the domino thread.

Not much religious diversity in that group.

A photo posted on Twitter of a group of religious leaders with their hands on President Donald Trump as they prayed for him didn’t sit very well with conservative attorney George Conway, husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.

He skewered the hypocrisy of the holy gathering for a president who routinely lies, and has been accused of paying hush money to an adult film star and withholding military funds to pressure Ukraine’s president into launching an investigation of his political rival Joe Biden and his son.

“Blessed be they hush money, mayest all quid pro quos be thine, and mayest thy falsehoods persuade the multitudes,” Conway scoffed on Twitter Friday...

the rest

A neighbor of mine who I grew up with got to accompany his dad on one of these when his dad was 90. It was a great experience!

1 hour ago, tor said:

The Virginia woman who was fired for flipping off the presidunce, beats a mepublican incumbent

47 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Fist pump!

Hooray!