Vladimir Putin - a great man in history

65 posts in this topic

Here is a lot of info on the Ukraine problem.

http://www.theautomaticearth.com/debt-mar-1-2014-peacocks-and-poker-faces/

0 minutes ago

Russia's parliament granted President Vladimir Putin permission to use the country's military in Ukraine and also recommended Saturday that Moscow's ambassador be recalled from Washington over comments made by President Barack Obama.

I suppose that Poland requested Hitler's help to set up the General Government.

EDIT: It's like the 1936 Olympics all over again, Hitler and his henchmen behaved during the games, everyone was impressed, see Sochi and Putin. The big difference is that it took Hitler three more years to invade Poland, Putin only needed three days to attack Ukraine. Life moves faster nowadays.

Timing is everything. I wonder how the Russian parliament and Putin would have reacted if this event had boiled up during the Sochi Olympics? I think they would not have acted so quickly to satisfy Putin's overly-aggressive and domineering social behaviour, which can be traced to his short stature and napoleon complex. Putin is old school, a corrupt thug, and relic. The invasion of Crimea is the first step to his eventual downfall. Invading Ukraine would be suicidal.

Russia will be able to help the Ukrainians restore order peacefully.

And we have all seen how they do that in the past ;)

As to whether Putin is a great man in history?

Of course he isn´t. He is an important 21st Century Russian politician. No more, no less. How the OP even came up with this thread title makes Andy´s brain hurt.

I think they would not have acted so quickly to satisfy Putin's overly-aggressive and domineering social behaviour, which can be traced to his short stature and napoleon complex. Putin is old school, a corrupt thug, and relic.

I think this statement could be aplied to each and every government in this world..

Anyway... 'Vladimir Putin - a great man in history?' No, he's a nasty little former KGB thug who is quite possibly about to make the biggest mistake of his career.

Nasty little ex KGB ghost thug agreed but not stupid. One thing is for certain I think. Crimea is now part of Russia again. Who's going to stop him? NATO? Ukraine?

Sanctions may fly, hard words exchanged but that will be about it. Russia's tactical advantage is obvious. The only thing that remains to be seen is just how much of eastern/central Ukraine they manage to grab.

I don't doubt his intelligence and I didn's suggest that in my post. Putin has now established his role as dictator within Russia, every piece of legislation that he proposes to the duma now receivess unequivocal support, including his 'request' to position troops on the Crimean border, and he has given the Russian people pretty much exactly what they wanted, a charismatic (sort of) leader who likes to display his own version of the Russian male ideal by riding horses shirtless and retrieving 'lost' ancient artefacts from sea beds in full scuba diving gear. It looks ridiculous to us in the west, but he knows exactly what the Russian proles want.

Putin has made it quite clear in the last 12 months regarding Syria, which axis Russia is aligned with, he feels buoyed by Russia's diplomatic masterstroke in negotiating the destruction of Assad's chemical weapons, Barry's recent phone call to Putin has, by some accounts only exacerbated the situation, and it's possible that he is using that as leverage against Obama's pleas to stand Russia's troops down.

Remember Putin is former KGB who has publicly spoken about his regret for the collapse of the Soviet Union and thus Russia's declining standing in the world, they have already shown they are prepared to use physical force to defend the integrity of 'former' soviet states (Georgia)

How the OP even came up with this thread title makes Andy´s brain hurt.

Gee, thanks. As you see, the topic was split off another. In doing this, I used what I considered OP's main statement in his post. So he didn't come up with the title at all. If it bothers you that much feel free to change it without violating the content.

In other news, great men tend to speak of themselves in the third person. Do we now start a topic: farmerandy - a great man on Toytown?

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

So anywho...another simmering hotspot on Planet Earth. I wonder how many that makes? Wonder how many human children died of starvation today across this world? Ideology versus Ideology, Religion versus Religion, Race versus Race, Governments connive and scheme, individuals look after number 1. We suck.

Any civilized aliens observing us would know to avoid contact with such barbarians. Humans are a total and complete evolutionary fail.

...In other news, great men tend to speak of themselves in the third person. Do we now start a topic: farmerandy - a great man on Toytown?..

Techsmex thinks that is a grandiose idear.

So you have Never watched AFN TV?..

Get your own camp straight before Judging others!

Please be careful went quoting other members' posts. The above quote was attributed to fraufruit (see member and timestamp), while it was actually posted by Acechaser.

Putin is King of propaganda...propaganda so typical of Russian Government. You need meds...

The original quote (see member and timestamp) is in a different thread altogether.

I have to giggle this morning as I realize that my post above was also insensitive treatment online. Sorry if I offended.

I don't have very thick skin, either. I have just gotten old enough and wise enough to know that what other people think about me isn't any of my business.

For those who understand German, here's a satirical self portrait of Putin, "Being Putin" by Karl Zéro and Daisy d’Errata (2012):

Love the singalong at the beach! Russians must have great facial control. Knowing to smile in the right way. Perhaps that's why they look so gloomy. Can't risk a smile that sends them to Siberia.

Perhaps that's why they look so gloomy. Can't risk a smile that sends them to Siberia.

I suspect the generally miserable climate, agrarian living conditions and the low life expectancy have more to do with it..

For those who understand German, here's a satirical self portrait of Putin, "Being Putin" by Karl Zéro and Daisy d’Errata (2012)

I watched the first three parts of that last night. It was quite entertaining. At one point they mentioned his height: 167 cm, i.e. 5'5". So that's why, though this says he's 5'7", he looks the same height on camera as Medvedev (5'4") and Merkel (5'5"). Perhaps 5'7" is his official height! He was also shown under water apparently discovering (planted) archaeological artefacts. The voiceover said he was looking for "protoslavs"! :D

I found this satire very well made, the narrator's voice (impersonating Putin) alone is so grimly funny, telling the most outrageous things in this bored tone. Of course this is just the authors' interpretation of Putin's persona and his world view, but the recent events in Ukraine fall into line with the whole narrative presented by this film.

The scene with Putin diving and "discovering" some antique (pardon protoslavic) amphores took place in the Black Sea on the Crimean coast; it was shown again in yesterday's "ZDF Spezial".

He was also shown under water apparently discovering (planted) archaeological artefacts. The voiceover said he was looking for "protoslavs"!

I know, right?

Putin tries to portray himself as this guy...

post-133917-13939458313383.jpg

I'm going to get a lot of reds for this post but Putin is now absolutely humiliating the West, it is like watching a chess grandmaster playing against children. The leaders of the West were utter fools thinking they could stage a coup in Russia's backyard.

The Crimea has gone, that will remain in Russian hands now. China is siding with Russia. This latest bit of news is entirely unconfirmed but if true, it appears that Turkey is now siding with Russia.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/130069/turkey-may-block-nato-ships-from-entering-bosphorus

Turkey has been in NATO since the early 50's, if it was to leave it would be an absolute hammer blow and possibly Putin's greatest triumph yet.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for the West to threaten to bomb Syria and Iran and invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

Oh, and by the way I think he is an utterly ruthless borderline tyrant. Get redding everyone.