Vladimir Putin - a great man in history

65 posts in this topic

the USA lose their government in a coup,

I suppose you mean Bush v Gore - that occasion when a disputed election was peacefully and constitutionally resolved via the court system?

destroy the rights of their citizens

This is the same country that is so fundamentalist about the rights of its citizens that it won't even stop them carrying guns, or provide them with public health care? The same country where several states now allow gay marriage and some have legalized marijuana? And the same country that enshrines freedom of speech in the constitution? Could you clarify which rights have been destroyed? Other than the fundamental human right to board an airplane quickly and with liquids in your bag?

they seek military dominance over all other countries

I don't know what it's like in Stuttgart, but I haven't seen many invading American armies in recent times where I live

Putin speaks out against the overthrow of Libya, he tries to stop the overthrow of Syria, he stands back and tries to mediate a legal solution to the Ukraine

If that is true I must really be delusional

During discussions about cultural differences, I was surprised to learn that many Russians really like Putin, the word “love” was even used. They want a superhero as a leader, both of their country and in their companies. They want someone who can make decisions without having to discuss it with other people.

I have quite a few Russian friends and they were the same. I used to be surprised by how much they seemed to 'love' him, and they would post things on facebook about him all the time, like these photos of a sun shining, with Putin's face photoshopped onto the sun, like he was shining down on everything - really sappy stuff.

But I've noticed their opinions changing. Some don't really post things like that anymore, and they seem to discuss more of the bad things that are going on. And some of them seem to be struggling with what they feel about him now - especially as a large part of this group of friends are homosexuals, they seriously seem conflicted about it all.

.. tries to mediate a legal solution to the Ukraine crisis and then you compare HIM to Hitler??? FFS - you are all delusional

What chance does Putin have? Mother Russia has pipelines running through Ukraine and he can't afford to lose the right of way. Also the Syrian affair is related to his gas business. People always thought the American (And the British) were after the oil in the middle east.

Now there is so much energy, producers are looking after their market. If that was not a reverse shock.

As for being delusional, dear Sir. look into a mirror.There are situations which are not knowable even for "experts". The only observation I made is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and that is the stage in Russia now.

People in the West underestimate how traumatic the fall of the USSR really was for ordinary people. It's the same mentality as the people who thought that they'd be greeted with candy and flowers when Saddam Hussein was toppled. Putin's popularity should not surprise, even when he doesn't do well at something.

...these photos of a sun shining, with Putin's face photoshopped onto the sun, like he was shining down on everything...

Oh no, Putin has taken over the teletubbies!

@Samba, you said it, or ignorant I'm afraid, google is your friend

and then they gave the peace prize to Obama, go figure, it's all a fix, don't believe the hype

JDee - I would characterize it as speaking against the liberation of Libya and Syria, not against their overthrow. And you can't find a legal outcome to the solution in Ukraine when the ruling President has completely ignored the rule of law. Putin is not speaking out for peace anywhere, he is speaking out for his out dated view of Russia's national interests. Ask the people of Georgia.

I have quite a few Russian friends and they ... would post things on facebook about him all the time, like these photos of a sun shining, with Putin's face photoshopped onto the sun, like he was shining down on everything - really sappy stuff.

He was apparently represented as a burning bush in an ex TV programme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukly

caricatures of the Russian prime minister long ago vanished from state-controlled television. Ten years ago, the creators of the show “Kukly” came under such pressure from the Kremlin to retire their grotesque puppet of Mr. Putin that they responded, rather sardonically, by depicting him as a burning bush. The show was eventually canceled, and caution has prevailed since then.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/01/world/europe/01moscow.html?_r=0

I seem to remember hearing that the puppet was ordered to be retired after he appeared in a Groundhog Day-style sketch, where he woke up every morning to find the country in the same dire state as the day before. So he was replaced with burning bush. Then the programme was axed.

and then they gave the peace prize to Obama, go figure, it's all a fix, don't believe the hype

Oh, as opposed to Putin getting a 140% voting poll?

@Sampa, you are completely wrong, both Gaddaafi and Assad enjoy(ed) far more popular support in their respective countries that would typically be required to win an election in 'the West'. These were not liberations. Please go and and educate yourself.

the USA lose their government in a coup, spend the last 14 years implementing increasingly fascist laws, destroy the rights of their citizens, maintain a list of millions of people that have to be frisked down just for passing through an airport of bus station, ...

I do agree with you that Bush to some extent but particularly Obama (and previously Clinton and some other presidents) have little regard for the rights of their own citizens; however, your next statements:

... they seek military dominance over all other countries.... Putin speaks out against the overthrow of Libya, he tries to stop the overthrow of Syria, he stands back and tries to mediate a legal solution to the Ukraine crisis and then you compare HIM to Hitler??? FFS - you are all delusional

AND

@Sampa, you are completely wrong, both Gaddaafi and Assad enjoy(ed) far more popular support in their respective countries that would typically be required to win an election in 'the West'. These were not liberations. Please go and and educate yourself.

tell me that your concern for the freedom of individuals in the west is false and that you are just anti-US or anti-west or anti-capitalist.

If you really believe Libya had a leader beloved by most , well then this guy has something to say: post-228684-13935733231053.jpeg

the USA lose their government in a coup, spend the last 14 years implementing increasingly fascist laws, destroy the rights of their citizens, maintain a list of millions of people that have to be frisked down just for passing through an airport of bus station, they seek military dominance over all other countries, carry out invasions and engineer regime in several countries etc.. etc.. etc... Putin speaks out against the overthrow of Libya, he tries to stop the overthrow of Syria, he stands back and tries to mediate a legal solution to the Ukraine crisis and then you compare HIM to Hitler??? FFS - you are all delusional

Are you?

Seriously? post-133917-1393576837996.gif

JDee - I would characterize it as speaking against the liberation of Libya and Syria, not against their overthrow. And you can't find a legal outcome to the solution in Ukraine when the ruling President has completely ignored the rule of law. Putin is not speaking out for peace anywhere, he is speaking out for his outdated view of Russia's national interests. Ask the people of Georgia.

Absolutely correct!

...tell me that your concern for the freedom of individuals in the west is false and that you are just anti-US or anti-west or anti-capitalist.

Again, absolutely correct!

I love it whenever there is one of those meetings between Putin and Obama or Cameron, they are fascinating to watch. Obama and Cameron both crap themselves just to be in the same room as the guy, because he has got the dirt on them and he knows what they really are. Whatever anyone thinks he's the most influential leader in the world and able to take full advantage of the terminal decline in US influence, that is why they are out to get him. It should be a good fight. People who suck up the kind of childish propaganda posted above are retarded and should get back to elementary school. If any American truly understood what was going on, if you are proud patriotic Americans, who believe in your constitution and the defence of human rights, and if you believe yourselves to have strong morals ( religious or otherwise ), then you should be questioning what you're government is doing and hoping there are more Putins in the world to keep them in check.

If you LGBT and have got sucked in by this propaganda campaign please go and dig a little deeper.

What you wrote is backward. An American President scared of Putin? LOL!! Apparently, what you see on TV is quite different from what the rest of us see...watching the same program. I see that it is you who has mental issues. You should get back to elementary school, as your mentality fits. And propaganda? Putin is King of propaganda...propaganda so typical of Russian Government. You need meds...

Putin is King of propaganda...propaganda so typical of Russian Government. You need meds...

So you have Never watched AFN TV?..

Get your own camp straight before Judging others!

EDIT: Misquote, please see post #53 sb

My stance is fairly simple, I'm against war, murder, torture and the destruction of fundamental human rights. I also don't suffer fools gladly. If you think that makes me anti-US then you've answered your own question.

- not just a 9/11 video but after a while it gets into a good perspective of the last 15 years. highly recommended even if you think you've heard it all before

Steered by remote control huh? Well I had not heard that before. Be sure your aluminum foil hat is on good and secure. Don't want any mind control beams slipping in.

Anyway... 'Vladimir Putin - a great man in history?' No, he's a nasty little former KGB thug who is quite possibly about to make the biggest mistake of his career.

What is taking place is an asymmetric attack on Russia by the US. Putin is being forced into a position where he has to do something by the US, so please don't blame him. There is a simple choice between money and lives. The US is going to choose money over the lives of Ukrainians. If the US ( and the EU for that matter ) were to butt out Russia will be able to help the Ukrainians restore order peacefully. But they won't, they will screw this for everything it is worth and with complete disregard for human life.

Russia has been asked to help in Ukraine by the soverign and democratically elected President of Ukraine and the elected representatives of the Crimea region, the other 'government' being backed by the US have no democratic mandate. That seems pretty clear cut to me. I'm not trying to make any judgement about who is 'wrong or right' and what is best for the Ukrainian people, that is their business and absolutely none of mine.