American looking for friends to hang out

10 posts in this topic

Hello! Im a 25 y/o male who moved to Rostock around 2 weeks ago. I dont speak German so its very difficult for me to meet people here. I would like to make some new friends to hang out, go for a beer, and have a good time. Please feel free to email me at neftaly.rodriguezrios@gmail.com

Thank you!

I'm in too. I'll be moving to Rostock next week. Would be nice to hang out with some English speaking people. :)

Hello! I'm also new to Rostock and don't yet speak much German either. If either of you are still interested in meeting up that would be great!

Cheers,

-K

Hi guys. There is a facebook group for expats where you can meet people and arrange to meet up etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/338742299534368/ :D

Hello. I moved here from Oklahoma, U.S., in August 2012 and married a Deutsch citizen. I have taken Deutsch B1 class. I speak relatively good Deutsch. I am happy here but have not met any other Americans or people who speak English as a native language. I would be interested to know if there are other folks such as myself, originally from the U.S., who are also married and living in Rostock. I love living in Germany very much. I do miss speaking English, at times, with others, though. My family and I here speak only Deutsch "zu Hause" although they understand some English. :)

Almost divorced 33 American not very active in the Expat community but I do say join us on the facebook page we are more active there. A diverse group, married, single, involved, kids...no kids...students, working, not working...fluent German, semi Fluent, not a clue what German is....

I will fully admit I speak too much German that my english has gone to shit.

Hey guys, i'm glad that i discovered this site. I've lived in Rostock since the end of March this year but I haven't got any friends here. That would be cool to hang out with some english speakers. My bf is a Rostocker but he's doing his PhD in Ireland and his family doesn't speak English at all. So i basically only speak english with him on skype and some basic german with my colleague daily. I always got so excited to hear english in the city by accident! :D

I moved to Germany from the U.S. and have lived in Rostock for a couple of years, now. Speaking German everyday with my German family here helps me learn a lot. I learn more everyday. I do still speak English when skyping with family back in the states and have been told I actually have a bit of an accent now. :) It would be nice now and again to correspond with other English speaking people living in Germany. Are there many others living in the awesome city of Rostock?