Watching Indian TV channel in Germany

9 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to germany , and staying in Bonn

Was wondering what is a better way to watch indian TV channels in Germany

Looking for options like Star Plus , sony , colors , Zee cinema , set max , news channels etc.

Paid or free both are ok. Just need to have something running on TV without connecting Chromecast, or my laptop and searching on internet from youtube and related sites.

Please suggest.

If you have a satellite receiver you can point, you might be able to get them off of Astra 28.2E, meant for the British Asian population but they spill over over Europe. (I don't know if they've moved onto the new satellite or are planning to.)

Then there are boxes like Jadoo and so on. I'm told they work in Germany.

IPTV, I am installing one tomorrow. Costs 145 Euros for the box itself and 120€ a year subscription fee. If you are interested I can update you.

http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/India.html

Look for the Astra 28.2  satellite in this link and thats whats possible via satellite!

Bonn isnt too far for me to install and I could possible do it tomorrow or Saturday!!

Along with those Indian channels, you will get 100 or more UK /English channels too!

We will be adding 3 indian channels to our Blade service in the next month or so...

SP

To Get Few India Channels and other english channels via  Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F  ( Current list of channels can found at http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2F.html  )

Step 1-  Survey the site to ensure an unobstructed view in the direction of the satellites at 28.2° east, this is east of south. 
one can use iphone/windows/android compass app and check for 152-151 degrees to get the direction of satellite and for getting the elevation see if can see the sky at 30 degrees. There should be no tree or building in the line. 

if you have an unhindered view in this direction only then proceed further

Step 2- You will need a 80cm dish, LNB , sat cable, sat decoder (even to see free channels) .Ebay them

Step3- install the dish at very stable location and point it towards 152 degrees and elevate the dish to 32 degrees. Once  LNB and cables are connected correctly, you will have the proper signal in the decoder.

Step4- Run a full scan in decoder to detect/tune channels 

Step5- Enjoy the free channels

If these thread is still running

please some one could advise which is the good option to have indian TV channels i´so far i found Yupp and Chitram?

If anyone using kindly reply me how it is working so far?

IPTV, I am installing one tomorrow. Costs 145 Euros for the box itself and 120€ a year subscription fee. If you are interested I can update you.

Hi angelbeast,

How is it working for you...if your using so far?