Astra 2F and 2E Now 2G - New satellites arrive

1,341 posts in this topic

I suggest that he calls sky and tells them that he has moved back in with his mother...

Then Call BT sports, thell them that he has moved to his moms and would like to add BT sports to his sky box as its the best sports channel he has seen for ages (slime slime slime)....

There are then 2 chances... He will get it ... or not..

I *suspect* you are buggered. Aside from the "expat" issues people would be doing this all over the UK unless it was tied to a phoneline. See graphic from BT website about multiroom stuff.

post-544-14285724441983_thumb.jpg

@RockThrust - so to conclude - nobody on this forum actually knows the answer!! Good luck :-)

:) Seems so. Was looking for a crafty work-around. With Rossi winning the last MotoGP race, Lowes on-pace in Moto2 and Danny Kent on the Moto3 podium, it might be worth legally getting it. I'd happily do that for FTA, so fair enough.

RT

Pedrosa isn't racing this weekend, Hiroshi Aoyama is filling in for him. It was interesting to see that Marquez struggled to catch the others after his mistake. Last year it didn't seem to mater what he did, he always seemed to catch and overtake the others. But we're getting off topic here. Rockthrust, bite the bullet and pay for the MotoGP video pass, you won't regret it.

So, A few people are returning form 2 weeks hollidays to find "No satellite signal is being received" on their Sky boxes..

This is almost certainly down to the dish moving in the storms..

BavSat still service the area, but only when there is sufficient work to make it cost effective for both sides.

Email us

info at bavaria-satellite dot de

image.thumb.jpg.8a1402bf1f158f2a612e523d

I got rid of sky a few months ago, but still watch some of the free channels. Yesterday, I noticed that I wasn't getting CBS Drama anymore. 

Sadly, it looks like more channels will follow. 

http://skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html

Back in April SES announced:
"ASTRA 2G ... is currently undertaking an interim mission, after which in-orbit testing will be completed prior to its entry into service during the second quarter of 2015."

Those watching the skies saw Astra 2G spend some time at 21 degrees East - possibly undertaking the interim mission SES mentioned. After that it moved to 43.5 degrees East where it transmitted test signals on transponder frequencies used by UK satellite TV. Those tests have now stopped and it is now moving slowly in the direction of 28.2E where it is expected to go into service.

At the rate it is moving it is thought likely Astra 2G will be in position before the end of the month - in line with SES's "second quarter of 2015" prediction.

The channel moves and shuffling of other satellites at 28.2E may have already started.

Not sure if a pure coincidence, but my sd sky epg started responding really slowly over the weekend. I powered down and back up then everything returned to normal speed. My humax freesat off the same dish did not seem to be affected though.

funilly enough, I had to re-boot a sky+HD system today and it took 20mins before I came back to life!

They must have done a software roll out...

Astra 2G appears to be in position now. Channels are expected to start migrating soon. There are rumours that the migration could start on 17th or 18th June.

Does this have anything to do with why I lost Food Network UK?  I don't even know what kind of satellite we have, my partner paid a random dude in a truck with polish plates to put a dish on our roof, we bought a basic converter from Real, and wouldn't even know who to ask...:lol: 

Hi all just a quick recommendation for Geoff at Bav Sat it was a pleasure to deal with somebody who provides good old fashioned service.

Ted