Astra 2F and 2E Now 2G - New satellites arrive

1,341 posts in this topic

May not be the right thread, but I can only find "BT Sports without SkyBox" and I want it with SkyBox.

I think you only need to be a BT Broadband customer to get BT Sports, so has anyone tried adding it to their Sky subscription using a UK friend/family member's BT contract details?

My assumption is that the UK address and bill payer's name have to be the same for both Sky andBT, but thought I'd ask...

RT

(missing my MotoGP...)

May not be the right thread, but I can only find "BT Sports without SkyBox" and I want it with SkyBox.

Just sign up on the BT Sports website and they will gladly take your money. I have BT sports with my SKYBOX just for the MotoGP.

I don't think German TV could possibly give the full coverage that I enjoy with the practise sessions, gossip, interviews with UK riders etc etc.

If all you want to watch is MotoGp then it's a lot cheaper and doesn't involve any skuldiggery to subscribe to the official MotoGP Video pass. It works perfectly using the browser on my LG TV and is a catch up service so you can watch it whenever and wherever you want. They show all the practice sessions and all the racing in all three classes. You can even pay a bit more, although still less than BT Sport, for a fancy Multi screen service.

If all you want to watch is MotoGp then it's a lot cheaper and doesn't involve any skuldiggery to subscribe to the official MotoGP Video pass. It works perfectly using the browser on my LG TV and is a catch up service so you can watch it whenever and wherever you want. They show all the practice sessions and all the racing in all three classes. You can even pay a bit more, although still less than BT Sport for a fancy Multi screen service.

Agreed. I got a full multi screen pass for €104, the video quality is superb.

I signed up for a single race (the last one in 2014) and also for the winter testing coverage (1€ on Black Friday), as an existing customer I received a special offer from them. The full multi screen package for 104€.

I always scoffed at the Multi Screen option but it's brilliant during qualifying (you do need a large TV though).

Interesting, I was a customer last year too, but they didn't offer me anything, I wonder why. I only have the normal package, but still. It's still good though. :D

I got the offer via one of their many emails.

The offer was not immediately obvious, you had to read into the details.

So... everyone is using MotoGP's service. Fine, but has anyone else used a UK BT Broadband subscription and paired it with their SkyBox?

RT

Fine, but has anyone else used a UK BT Broadband subscription and paired it with their SkyBox?

You are wondering if they need the phone line connected to the box?

He wants to know if he takes the subscription from someone in the UK with a BT *bundle* (i.e. at Mum's house with BT internet) if he will need the SKYbox to be connected to that exact UK landline to get it working.

I suspect not a problem but cannot 100% promise.

For instance his current SKY subscription may be registered to a completely different address, so if he takes "mum's" BT service subscription it could throw a spanner in the works.

He adds it to his own sky Bundle...

He does not need a BT landline, AND they will try and sell him one!!

He does need a UK bank account for the Direct debit...

He could also say to them that they only use MobilePhones as they seldom use a landline!

Simplz

If your Mum has the TV service from BT broadband, I think you can forget adding it to sky as its Free with their TV service or is "Included" in their TV service!

Have you got me on Block?? As you only seem to answer JE on this thread :blink:

@spiderpig - No, me ol' mucker, I've not got you on block. Don't even know how to. JE was simply capturing my precise question. It seems no one has tried to take a UK Broadband contract and "attach" to their dodgy Sky contract.

Fair enough.

RT

RT..

I have dozens of clients with BT sports...

If you are trying to get the package added at a reduced price, claiming that you are a BT customer, then you could run ito problems..

He is specifically asking about trying to use the special "bundle" that you get when being a BT customer.

We know lots of people overseas have BT Sport - that is easy - you just sign up online and it gets added to the SKYBOX.

His mum is the BT customer, with the cheap bundle....but can SHE therefore add it to a SKY box that has a different registered address? That is the question/issue. And to use the BT Bundle does the box need to be connect specifically to HER landline.

I am guessing it will be a problem.

p.s. The bodge is to set her BT account and log-in online, but internet TV is still kinda sukky these days.