Astra 2F and 2E Now 2G - New satellites arrive

1,341 posts in this topic

man oh man! Going by that, in Munich, we're gonna need a 180cm dish

A picture speaks a thousand words as they say. Looks like game over for satellite for the vast majority of users on here now :-(

I'm not too clued in what is involved in a satellite installation. I've been looking at what I can do to get the best signal given what I have. Apart from the dish size and alignment there seem to be a lot of other factors, single/mutifeed, lnb type, length of cable to switch/receiver, model of switch and model of receiver. Some of these I can look into before I upgrade the dish.

I was looking at the LNB and Inverto black ultra quattro LNB seems to be the model of choice among satellite folk, plus for around €16 it is not too expensive to test. Is it just a case of swapping it out? The LNB I currently have is a Kathrein quattro LNB which for some reason costs over 6 times what the Inverto costs.

A picture speaks a thousand words as they say. Looks like game over for satellite for the vast majority of users on here now :-(

That's only the footprint for an up to 60cm dish, we've never been able to get the Beeb on Digital around the Munich area with such a small dish. The BBC isn't the only channel available on Satellite, SKY have tons of stuff that is easily accessible, but you have to throw some money at them.

Let's hope the 1.2m dish does the trick then. Maybe a bit of blood letting to the appropriate Gods will help.

according to blue daves diagram above i shouldn,t have lost any channels at all,so i will try to align properly and see what happens,thanks dave there is hope for me yet!

Both those maps are guesstimates mate.

Only the pros who do the real life testing like Spider Pig will be able to provide actual sizes and figures.

Some channels have already moved but the transfer hasn't completed yet. The remaining ITV and Channel 4 services are expected to change to the new tighter beam in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile there's no need to panic in Duisburg. You should be able to get the UK spot beam with a reasonable sized dish there.