TV via the Internet as an alternative to satellite

2,808 posts in this topic

I put Smart IPTV app on my SamsungTV and I am using my m3u list and it is working well so far (can just use the remote control to flip channels). Feels like using a real TV. Liking it very much, no need for Kodi anymore.

On 10/8/2018, 7:15:35, wien4ever said:

I put Smart IPTV app on my SamsungTV and I am using my m3u list and it is working well so far (can just use the remote control to flip channels). Feels like using a real TV. Liking it very much, no need for Kodi anymore.

So how do you do that then ?

I have a samsung series E TV,,

where do I get the app from ??, is it paid ???

On 10/4/2018, 10:48:28, wien4ever said:
On 10/8/2018, 8:15:35, wien4ever said:

nice work, any chance you could make that m3u link work again . i've got smart player on my tv and want to try out the playlist. thanks a lot

Hi padjo,

I will PM you with my permanent link that is being updated daily.

Any one else who is interested can PM me for it.

As I said before it's just a fun hobby - just a proof of concept for me , and not meant to replace real IPTV services that can provide reliable service. I cannot maintain these links or provide any services to anyone. Channels can disappear on any day, all I'm doing is scraping for links that get posted daily and verifying them.

SpiderPig is also right, maybe avoid the on-demand movie channels for now. The on-demand movie channel links are not torrents or anything, just http streams, so you will not be inadvertently sharing movies, but who knows what is safe. I will try to filter those out later.

Also, I need to add some bits of code to keep the previous day's working links in case the scraping step misses them the next day.

Right now, I get roughly 4000 channels on average a day although it would be more, but I focus on North/South America, and Europe. Interestingly, some small number of channels work only on my GSE SMART IPTV on the Mac and not on my Samsung TV. I still have to figure that out.

On 10/9/2018, 8:56:22, yesterday said:

So how do you do that then ?

I have a samsung series E TV,,

where do I get the app from ??, is it paid ???

hi yesterday,

yes it should work for you according to this: 

https://siptv.app/howto/sammy/

it is paid (5.49 euros https://siptv.app/activation/) but you get a trial version until you activate it (I think it causes you to lose your channel list if you dont pay).  You paste your url into the URL section of this page https://siptv.app/mylist/ , and you'll need the mac address provided by the smart tv app. Basically the site holds your playlist and forwards it to your smart iptv app upon running it (gets reloaded every time). There are youtube videos to show how to setup.

there was another app SS IPTV but according to some people it got taken down the app store. I also read some people saying Smart IPTV got taken down the app store. I still have it, but I shut off auto updates now.

8 hours ago, wien4ever said:

Hi padjo,

I will PM you with my permanent link that is being updated daily.

Any one else who is interested can PM me for it.

As I said before it's just a fun hobby - just a proof of concept for me , and not meant to replace real IPTV services that can provide reliable service. I cannot maintain these links or provide any services to anyone. Channels can disappear on any day, all I'm doing is scraping for links that get posted daily and verifying them.

SpiderPig is also right, maybe avoid the on-demand movie channels for now. The on-demand movie channel links are not torrents or anything, just http streams, so you will not be inadvertently sharing movies, but who knows what is safe. I will try to filter those out later.

Also, I need to add some bits of code to keep the previous day's working links in case the scraping step misses them the next day.

Right now, I get roughly 4000 channels on average a day although it would be more, but I focus on North/South America, and Europe. Interestingly, some small number of channels work only on my GSE SMART IPTV on the Mac and not on my Samsung TV. I still have to figure that out.

Hi Wien, 
thanks for the pm , will try it out later on today on my tv have also an older (2010) macbook pro and must get it working on that (is there a guide somewhere on that ?) . Any chance you can keep the movie links, if they're not torrents , then i think the risks of getting in trouble is extremly small. thanks again

About two days ago we lost iPlayer and Ch4 via Unotelly SmartDNS (ITV didn't work anyway). Tried all the usual things - reboot everything, use different SmartDNS servers. No luck. Anyone have similar experiences with other SmartDNS providers? 

RT

Question is really about the UK FTA services. They seem to be all blocked and that's never happened before. 

But thanks for the update. 

RT

Everything OK for me with a VPN. I had many problems with Unotelly, they never seemed to have a good answer to the improved geo-blocking that started in August 2017 just ongoing loss of service which took ages or never got resolved. I canceled my subscription earlier this year.

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Everything OK for me with a VPN. I had many problems with Unotelly, they never seemed to have a good answer to the improved geo-blocking that started in August 2017 just ongoing loss of service which took ages or never got resolved. I canceled my subscription earlier this year.

Keith2011 - if you don't mind, please PM me with the VPN service you are using.

Cheers,

RT

OK, I finally moved my little IPTV scanning experiment to the cloud onto a permanent host machine located in Germany, so hopefully it mimicks more closely our ping times.

You can use this link to download my IPTV list (*.m3u file):

https://bit.ly/2R6O1zB

The list is updated 2x a day. Currently there are about 2500 verified channels on average.  

Somethings to mention:

1) I reduced the channel scan waiting time to maximum of 5secs - this is a plus and a minus. Plus in the sense that channels should load faster. Minus in that some channels might get overlooked if they need, e.g. 6secs to load.

2) Not all channels are grouped - many remain "ungrouped" - this is my next challenge to automate this - not sure yet how

3) The same issue with EPGs, most of these channels will not have them. 

4) The UK/USA channels are a bit thin lately. I will try to improve that.

5) I've noticed a few channels that work on my Mac/PC don't work on my Samsung's Smart IPTV app.

5) There are some feeds that are disabled with a video loop - I haven't figured out a way to screen those out yet.

6) I only do this as a hobby, no support can be provided

Have fun! Feedback is appreciated, regarding buffering or dead link rates.

I've just achieved getting a VPN server installed on a cloud instance! Thus I have a cloud machine that is an IPTV scanner and VPN all in one (and free for one year!). Speed has not suffered (getting 30Mb/s) since I chose a Frankfurt server - there are also options for London and USA regions , but I don't know how fast those are. The point being I can use the Frankurt cloud machine to scan & collect working IPTV channels, and then with DDWRT on my router I can specify that my Smart TV is forced to connect only via my cloud VPN for safer IPTV watching, while my other computers are not forced to use the VPN and can thus keep max bandwith. 

On 10/24/2018, 12:46:30, RockThrust said:

About two days ago we lost iPlayer and Ch4 via Unotelly SmartDNS (ITV didn't work anyway). Tried all the usual things - reboot everything, use different SmartDNS servers. No luck. Anyone have similar experiences with other SmartDNS providers?

On 10/24/2018, 12:58:53, theGman said:

Getflix was fine as of last night.

On 10/24/2018, 1:02:55, RockThrust said:

Question is really about the UK FTA services. They seem to be all blocked and that's never happened before. 

But thanks for the update.

Unless I'm mistaken, RT, you seem to have confused Getflix (SmartDNS & VPN provider) with Netflix (movies).

I've been using Getflix SmartDNS services for several years with hardly any problems.

Whenever the BBC, NowTV or whichever UK channel I'm using has gone on the blink, Getflix Support have responded quickly and reliably.

I'd recommend you give 'em a try: https://www.getflix.com.au/

AB

Quick question: is it easy to install UK TV apps (BBC iPlayer etc.) on an Amazon Fire TV Stick?

Amazon are currently offering it for €25 and I'm thinking of trying one. SmartDNS on the router is already set up. I know the answer is buried in this thread somewhere but searching TT has been shit since the upgrade.

42 minutes ago, theGman said:

Quick question: is it easy to install UK TV apps (BBC iPlayer etc.) on an Amazon Fire TV Stick?

It is not difficult.   Basically you have to change your Amazon account to UK for a while.   You do this by changing your residence country to UK and entering any UK address in your profile.   Then you might proceed to install the apps from the Amazon Store.  Once you have installed all the apps you need you can change back your profile to a DE address.

It might happen that just changing the address is not enough and you still can't "buy" the BBC and co apps.   If this happens to you then the solution is to buy something from the UK store.   In my case I bought a 1 GBP gift card and after that I had no problem installing the apps.

It should be easy to google the whole process and find a detailed explanation somewhere.

25 minutes ago, Krieg said:

It is not difficult.   Basically you have to change your Amazon account to UK for a while.   You do this by changing your residence country to UK and entering any UK address in your profile.   Then you might proceed to install the apps from the Amazon Store.  Once you have installed all the apps you need you can change back your profile to a DE address.

It might happen that just changing the address is not enough and you still can "buy" the BBC and co apps.   If this happens to you then the solution is to buy something from the UK store.   In my case I bought a 1 GBP gift card and after that I had no problem installing the apps.

It should be easy to google the whole process and find a detailed explanation somewhere.

Cool, thanks. So it's the same as the android Amazon app store then. I was hoping so.