Public vs. private health insurance

119 posts in this topic

Probably I am the only one that is unlucky and gets a Termin in 2 weeks at least, all the others posting here probably get a Termin the next day and great care and so on ... public insurance also .

Funny thing, my GF had a throat problem a month ago, made a Termin, and the Termin is actually today, in the meantime when went to another doctor directly the second day and she got some pills so now she is cured ... but this is typical, by the time you get the Termin you are already cured . So what is the purpose of this Termin in a month  for a problem that you have now ?

What are you supposed to do in this month while you are in pain ? I can't think that I am the only one in this situation .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit that I don't get same/next day appointments for routine things - only for illness or other serious problems. My Hausarzt has first come first served basis from 14:00 to 18:00 every afternoon except for Thur.

 

Whenever he has discovered something serious, he calls radiology or wherever and gets me in immediately same day.

 

I'm very sad that he is retiring soon. Afraid he is the last of a rare breed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I will admit that I don't get same/next day appointments for routine things - only for illness or other serious problems. My Hausarzt has first come first served basis from 14:00 to 18:00 every afternoon except for Thur.

 

 

My Hausazt has the similar walk in for urgent things every morning.  I was wondering if bbog was talking about Hausarzt or was referring to a getting appointment directly with a  specialist.

 

Waiting times at my Frauenarzt can be quite long even if something alarming.  She says go to Hausarzt, who then assesses how urgent it is and expedites if necessary.  Which does not seem to be unreasonable to me.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a Hausartzt, actually I had one but received a nice letter that his tariff has increased over what my public can pay, so basically I need to pay out of pocket if I want to use him . Of course for those who don't believe me I can scan the letter :D . Since then I have not been able to get a Hausartzt, so I try and make appointment to General Practitioners in the area, or just go and wait . My sketchy German is helping a lot it seems :P .

But taking into account that I also have to work, it is not very convenient for me to go and wait 1-2 hours so I prefer an appointment .

 

Today I also went to a general practitioner, they were very happy as my company is paying a full set of checkups with them, so I guess they can get some easy money .

But you had to see the doctor's face when she said I need to see a specialist and asked what insurance I have, when I said public she was like ... oh shit, and then she just gave me a list of addresses with the specialists in the area and I need to call by myself, so no sending letter .

But I already know that those specialists are booked like 1-2 years in advance, so you will get a Termin 1 years from now if you call them, already did this 3 years ago for the same problem ...

Of course it's possible that this would also have happened with private insurance, but I don't want to believe that it is because my poor German or something else .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Probably I am the only one that is unlucky and gets a Termin in 2 weeks at least, (...) 

Funny thing, my GF had a throat problem a month ago, made a Termin, and the Termin is actually today, in the meantime when went to another doctor directly the second day and she got some pills so now she is cured ... 

 

Yeah, it's really funny that your girlfriend can manage to see a doctor directly while you can't. Maybe she's brighter than you are?

 

Quote

What are you supposed to do in this month while you are in pain ? 

 

Going to a doctor – as your GF did. 

 

7 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

I don't have a Hausartzt, actually I had one but received a nice letter that his tariff has increased over what my public can pay, so basically I need to pay out of pocket if I want to use him .

 

 

You don't have a Hausarzt (why not?), so you don't need to pay him at all. 

 

Quote

 

But taking into account that I also have to work, it is not very convenient for me to go and wait 1-2 hours so I prefer an appointment .

 

Either you have pain – then you won't work but go and see a doctor. Or it's not that urgent and you can easily wait for an appointment. 

 

I think you are simply whiny and all this 'It's shitty service, it's much better in Romania' is BS, sorry. 

 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bbogdanmircea said:

But taking into account that I also have to work, it is not very convenient for me to go and wait 1-2 hours so I prefer an appointment .

You have a right to get an appointment within 4 weeks. Just call the "Terminservice" of your local "kassenärztliche Vereinigung". If they can´t arrange one they´ll give you authorisation to go to a hospital as an outpatient. If you are in pain you don´t need an appointment but can go to the doctor and accept that you´ll have to wait longer than those with an appointment.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/themen/krankenversicherung/gkv-versorgungsstaerkungsgesetz/terminservicestellen.html

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Stupid question: if I am private and I marry a girl who is public and she works and earn less than me, am I obliged per law to cover her with private, or are only the children obliged to be covered by the private one?

 

Thanks a lot!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are unterhaltspflichtig with respect to your wife and children. If your wife doesn't have insurance, you are obliged to take care that she does. If she has her own insurance, no problem. But when she loses the job you will have to take care of her insurance.

 

Since children are automatically covered by wife's public insurance, I don't see a reason why you should do that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, karmakoma said:

Stupid question: if I am private and I marry a girl who is public and she works and earn less than me, am I obliged per law to cover her with private

 

No.

 

51 minutes ago, karmakoma said:

or are only the children obliged to be covered by the private one?

 

That neither.

You can then either:

 

This is not the first time you asked this:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Since children are automatically covered by wife's public insurance, I don't see a reason why you should do that.

 

Nope, not when the spouse with private health insurance earns more than the one with public health insurance.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the income  of the privately insured person IF self-employed. If  privately insured spouse is  not a high earner, the children can often be co-insured in publicly insured spouse´s public insurance at no extra cost.

 

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

 

No.

 

 

That neither.

You can then either:

 

This is not the first time you asked this:

 

I know, but I did not know if something was changed in the middle...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PandaMunich said:

 

No.

 

 

That neither.

You can then either:

 

This is not the first time you asked this:

 

Great search skills!!!:lol: 2012!!!

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

Anyone can do it ;)

Just tell Google to search just the Toytown site, you do this through the expression (no blanks in there!):

  • site:toytowngermany.com

in the search:

5a7ca65fe542a_Screenshot2018-02-08at20.3

 

And these are the search results: https://www.google.de/search?q=karmakoma+health+insurance+site%3Atoytowngermany.com

1 hour ago, PandaMunich said:

 

No.

 

 

That neither.

You can then either:

 

This is not the first time you asked this:

 

 

3 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

Anyone can do it ;)

Just tell Google to search just the Toytown site, you do this through the expression (no blanks in there!):

  • site:toytowngermany.com

in the search:

5a7ca65fe542a_Screenshot2018-02-08at20.3

 

And these are the search results: https://www.google.de/search?q=karmakoma+health+insurance+site%3Atoytowngermany.com

Can you use Google to feed cats and dogs nebenbei, Panda? Time-consuming!!!!:lol:

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, john g. said:

 

Can you use Google to feed cats and dogs nebenbei, Panda? Time-consuming!!!!:lol:

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

 

I did and believe me I found only my old Post :/... In wanted to see if there would have been some news :P

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, after 2 months of unemployment I am an employee again, but have question related to my health insurance .

I just got the salary flyer but it seems there is something strange with it, as the contribution to the health insurance doesn't seem to have been payed .

At the Krankenversicherung field it says : GKV freiw. allg. Selbstzahler ... 

I was insured with TK before, the contribution were taken monthly from the salary ...

Can somebody please clear this up ?

Did the employer did a mistake ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bbogdanmircea said:

Hello, after 2 months of unemployment I am an employee again, but have question related to my health insurance .

I just got the salary flyer but it seems there is something strange with it, as the contribution to the health insurance doesn't seem to have been payed .

At the Krankenversicherung field it says : GKV freiw. allg. Selbstzahler ... 

I was insured with TK before, the contribution were taken monthly from the salary ...

Can somebody please clear this up ?

Did the employer did a mistake ?

 

Did you inform your health insurance that you have a new employer? They will then send the red tape shite to the new employer, and you're done...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I printed a Bescheinigung from TK and brought that to my employer in the first day of work .

I will call tommorow TK and clear this up .

On their site they have a calculator, and there is the option Selbstzahler and indeed if I check that option matches up with the money that I got .

Is it possible that the employer gives you his part every month and then you need to pay the full amount to the insurance ?

Why would they do that, instead of taking it directly from the salary ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if your gross salary is below the legal threshold (Jahresarbeitsentgeltgrenze is the word, or JAEG for short - remember that word for your next game of Scrabble, big points :-)   ) you are a voluntary member of the public health insurance.

In which case it can be often an option that, just like with private health insurance, you'll receive the co-pay tax free from your employer on top of your gross salary and you'll pay the monthly contributions yourself.

 

Guess that's what happened here. Right ?

 

Cheerio

 

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now