Your first post on TT, what was it?

69 posts in this topic

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51893&st=0&p=747669&fromsearch=1&#entry747669

..pretends to have not seen Moonboot´s post...

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Here's mine:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22605&view=findpost&p=1473648

Here are both of mine.

jml, you are also thinking of the Last Battle, last book of the Narnia chronicles. There you find out who is on the right side, and JKR was influenced by them quite a lot.

Since you have all given the dead main character away, D was not pleading for mercy, he knew he was dying and he wanted Snape to finish him off coz Draco couldn't and D didn't want him to die. The Legilimency/Occlumency theory works as well.

I think Snape is taking Draco to some safe place to get him out of the sphere of the Deatheaters. He, Draco, just does not have the guts for it. He's mean but not really evil. Still talking about Draco.

By all means, keep Snape alive, he is by far the most interesting character of them all!

post-16-1201700943.jpg
Whitney-Events has been cooperating with various tents at the Oktoberfest since 2006 and is dedicated to taking the hassle out of your visit to this world-famous beer festival.

Thanks to the owner’s good connections to the tent managers, Whitney-Events is generally able to reserve tables for groups of anywhere from six, eight or ten to up to fifty people, purchase the beer and food vouchers and provide you and your guests with seating in most of the major tents. As soon as the tents begin processing reservations early in the year, your request including date, time and number of guests is forwarded to the tent of your choice and two back-up choices.

Due to the huge amount of requests received every year by the various tents, it is advisable to plan early. In 2007, Whitney-Events was able to place a total of 400 satisfied customers in such large tents as the boisterous Hofbräu, the traditional Schottenhamel and the trendy Hippodrom, just to name a few, as well as the three smaller, more intimate Ammer, Hochreiter and Wildmoser tents.

The fees are modest; payment can be made via bank transfer or PayPal.

Please note: The re-sale of any table reservations and vouchers purchased through Whitney-Events on such auction platforms as eBay and others is not permitted. The reservation will become invalid; the customer does not have the right to claim damages or compensation and may be liable to criminal charges!

Whitney-Events

Riesenfeldstrasse 45

80809 Munich, Germany

Cell: +49 (0)179-295 9127

Fax: +49 (0)89-3539 6357

Personal message: Send a PM to Whitney-Events

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>This is a paid placement posting.</span><!---->

***UPDATE 15 Sep. 2008: Reservations are no longer being accepted due to time issues!***

Topics merged by admin

It's always interesting to look back and see the progression of one's life by reading old posts.

What was your first post and how has your life changed since then?

Mine was from 21 May 2010 and read:

Hey all,

I'm an ESL teacher from the States and I'm considering moving to Berlin in the fall. I have an M.A. in Linguistics with an emphasis in TESL and also a TESL certificate. Does anyone know about teaching at the university level as a foreign national? Is it easier to get jobs if you have an advanced degree as opposed to a certificate or B.A.? Also, it seems like it pretty difficult to find a teaching job from 6,000 miles away. Would everyone agree that it's easier to find a job once you're there? Anyone know of any schools that look for teachers with M.A.s? Thanks!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's changed since then is that I got a work visa (3 now in total), found a job, learned German and settled down somewhat. Everyone told me the odds were against me and that I wouldn't make it, but here I am 5 years later...

Alas, somewhere in the various forum updates - my original post seems to have disappeared - If I remember rightly though, it was advising another newbie  who was whining about getting negged to relax and not to worry about it and to just post as normal

My life remains the same - just wrinklier :) 

Apparently...it was about health insurance but I don't remember what I wrote or how to find it!?

And whatever I wrote is definitely at least 80 per cent outdated!

I was being very helpful.

Posted 28 Jul 2005 · Report post

really going to the consulate is the best and maybe only way. I am not even sure they answer the phone. They are only open to the public until 11 am weekdays. Make sure you bring your passport or you won't get in

I am not sure what my first post was, But I was probably being the same knob that I am today...

Just Older, wiser, richer and more of a Knob than usual!

Prost!

Ah - found it - well,  almost 1st post anyway .. twas this one

If I recall correctly my first post was on adverts, looking for a babysitter for my niece and nephew, hence the user name Uncle Nick.