Your first post on TT, what was it?

69 posts in this topic

I am like a broken record - I still post the same stuff.

Hi,

Having once worked in language schools, I always look for alternatives. Language schools are a rip off, both to teachers and students.

I teach English in the PH (teacher-training college) in Karlsruhe, and students are just begging for native speakers to improve their English. How about setting up a tandem course. You give English conversation/lessons and they give you German lessons. You may even find someone in the Baden Baden area.

Goodluckski

rla

I can hardly believe this was my first post. Also hard to believe it was nearly 10 years ago... :o

hey hazza, i'm a full-time, permanent employee w/ a german company and i have to give notice 6 months before the end of a fiscal quarter (i've been this co. for 3 years), this seems like a lot, but if i am fired, they have to pay my salary and benefits at least for this amount of time. we have a verbal agreement that i can get out of my contract earlier (2 months notice) and based on examples of previous employess, this has worked.

On the topic about Coca-Cola Blak more than five years ago:

So what does it taste like? A merge of coffee and coke? I love coke, but I canot stand coffee so if it does taste a lot like coffee, chances are I would not like it.

I never did find out what it tasted like. Is it still around in the US?

Hello, I'm also new here - I arrived about 3 weeks ago from Canada, and we finally have our internet connected....

Not so long ago, but it feels that way in experience...mine was just the typical "classified ad introduction" in the introduction to Reutlingen thread.

Well, dunno about buying "womenizer" through interflor since your link took me instead to www.fleurop.de, but no matter, because there I saw that a "Prickelndes Erlebnis" is currently on offer from 44,90 €

And, if you notice the elapsed time between the quoted dates, you'll understand why I got flamed for a first post reawakening an old thread ...

As quoted above, my first post was on the curry thread, as was my second post. It didn't start getting "interesting" until my third post.

In answer to how long it took to get laid after coming to Germany.

about 3 months

It just went downhill from there... :P

Both sexes should at least keep it clean enough so there isn't any rug-burn.

2005! Problems with neighbours and Deutsche Post. Evergreen themes for this place...

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38862&view=findpost&p=553867

Hi All

I am a Canadian (male - 53yrs old) living in Stuttgart but I am going to be in Berlin Grunau 9-15 December, it would be great to meet up with some people.

Take Care eh,

3 and a half years later, still no luck....

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Here's mine:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22605&view=findpost&p=1473648

Panties! Just wanted to get off (hehe, get off) on the right foot here...

...and mine:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3423&view=findpost&p=824

Frightfully dull I'm afraid.

I was writing on TT when you were a bulge in the milkman's trousers Chocky! :)

Chocky, did you know that you can click on the TTer/in profile, click "Find posts" and then look for yourself.

This Hardly warrants a new thread....

haha Chocky, even your first post was merged which proves you're nothing if not consistent.

Ever since you joined you've been avoiding the search box. :P

@RajeshG

but if you click his Find Posts button you'll see only 8027 survived the grim removers

Here's my lousy intro...

Hello Toytown greets2Noddy+BigEars

@Calender21

I would suggest you contact the Frankfurt Stadt Forstamt,City Forestry Office.(Number's from 2000 so maybe out of date now.(069 212 33117)

There are about 12 Local Forstamter and you can buy wood and so on directly from many of them routinely although most are located on the southern outskirts of Frankfurt as that is where the trees in the Stadtswald and Sachsenhausenerwald are growing. ;-)

Here is also a number in Neu-Isenburg for the TANNENWALD which is probably where you'd find plantations of Xmas trees. (06102 800390)

I'm sure the City of Frankfurt would appreciate your custom and it's probably cheaper for you than a private business may charge. Good Luck.

...and there wasn't much entertainment value in that effort.

2B

I´ve just tried to find my first post and failed spectacularly...any tips?

PS: I obviously haven´t changed :)

mine:

User is online Moonboot Icon

Posted: 22.Oct.2004, 10:28am

In: Germany

I hate it when people read over my shoulder on public transport...even giving them a dramatic theatrical glare doesn't shame them enough to stop. It's so darn rude. Anyone any suggestions to comabt this?

they still do it and I still hate it.

weren't loads of 2002 threads / posts deleted? I know for sure LOADS of topics from the Ladies forum were eradicated.

Hello Strawberrystar.To clarify a few points: all freelancers/self-employed can choose whether to be "public" or "private".If you become an employee, as someone else rightly pointed out on this forum, you automatically become a "public patient" if earning under c.3900 euros a month. Your employer takes care of that.If you stay private for whatever reason or not in your life, the current ruling is that there is no turning back after the age of 55--then you would have to stay private. If you´re planning on several kids, it´s probably cheaper to be "public" unless your future spouse has a job as an employee and is "publicly insured" because otherwise you would have to pay for him/her and the kids.As somebody else pointed out, if you´re alone and self-employed a UK private health insurance for a self-employed expat is the cheapest.

aw john g :)

aargghhhh... not about football in Tahiti, wild lesbian sex in Indonesia or marijuana in Uruguay? Bloody insurance..? Argghhh, Moonboot :P So, how did you find it? Haven´t a clue....

click on your name, then click on 'find posts'. go to the last page and scroll down.

my 4th post was about squeegee mops…*blush*