Your first post on TT, what was it?

69 posts in this topic

Ok so im bored!

Posted on: Aug 9 2005, 8:04 am

Great film , a defo on my must see again list.

Hey my first post, does this mean I'm no longer a virgin? lol

So what was yours?

Easy way to find is…

Search for your username, click view posts, go to last page and scroll to the bottom. Unless there is an easier way which someone knows?

Funny, I was looking for BBQ sauce...

Posted on: May 31 2005, 11:05 am

I just moved to a small village north of Munich (Ilmendorf to be exact - it's near Geisenfeld and Ingolstadt). Unfortunately the grocers that are most convenient to our apartment are discounters. I can normally make do with what is available or make a special trip to Mini Mal for the other things. However, I have yet to find anything that even closely resembles American BBQ suace. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Don't be fooled by the name...I AM also Canadian. Just arrived...and I have to agree...bloody C-O-L-D.

Yeah, TO is also cold...but not so bad going from car to work to home (yeah, I was spoiled). These Germans just loooove to hang outside and walk, stand, drink etc. in the cold.

Interesting concept to us native Canucks

I was "talking" aboot the weather like a good lil' Canadian B)

I am moving to Munich on Monday. And as a thank you to the 2 guys helping me move, I've offered to pay for the three of us to enjoy an evening at the Oktoberfest. What do you estimate the damage will roughly be? I want to be sure to have enough cash on me.

Here are the factors:

-We're planning to arrive at about 4 or 5 and will stay until the tents close or until one of us has passed out.

-The two guys helping me are German soccer players who, although not particularly big, can drink an astounding amount of alcohol. How much do you suppose they'll be able to drink in the time given?

-What's a good amount to give as a tip?

-Do people normally eat at the Oktoberfest? (In other words, am I going to have to feed them there as well?)

Any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Surprise. Mine was about drinking.

I fancy a trip down to the bright lights. Is tonight suitable for a first-timer?

DrivinWest and Keydeck were most friendly and inviting, and I had a good evening :)

How embarrassing!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here; I hope I'm posting in the right section and doing everything correctly, I wouldn't want to get a nasty e-mail from Editor Bob! (Thanks for the help validating my account btw).

Anyway, I was told by the lovely Katrina that somewhere in Munich did Sunday roasts, unfortunately I forgot the place's name, and looked at the websites for the Irish pubs but none of them mentioned it.

I know I could just ask katrina again, but I thought I'd see if there was more than one option.

And Katrina - can you guess who I am?

UrbanAngel

Bloody hell, it was a geek post :-( Why couldn't it have been mountain biking or something. Pah!

And bear in mind that Arcor now do a 3000 service too (starting today).

I was about to sign up for arcor 1500/256 flatrate, switching from my T-Online slw-flatrate when all of a sudden the tarrifs change.

They do flatrate on a 1024/128 line but thew 2000mbps and 3000mbps services have a variable flatrate.. up to 25GB a month will cost you 54.84 or 59.89 a month all in (including dsl rent and isdn line). This is still cheaper than my current slow T-DSL.

However if you creep over 25MB in a month, the monthly charge will creep up another 25eur...

So now I have to re-think about what I want to do.. after I had spent so long thinking it over already...

Typical huh!

Tom...

(new here by the way, hi! )

Post number 57 on the board! In comparison, this is post 458154:

I did Kung Fu at the Shaolin school on I think Unterer Angerstr. right near Sendlinger Tor. It was great, until I injured my knees. You pay based on how often you want to go during the week. Not knowing much German shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's mainly show and do. "Horse Stance" remains that in German too.

Anyways, pick up a copy of In Muenchen. It's a free magazine that lists what's happening every day for 14 days. There's always a page or two in there advertising all sorts of martial art schools.

Contact your county courthouse-division of elections, court clerk, or whatever you have that is in charge of your voting. Visit your states Dem or Rep party site and they will direct you to where you need to go with full instructions.

Vote for Dean whatever you do!

Why its politics! Who would have thunk it? :D

I like the mention of an event as a present. Getting her tickets to something she likes a lot is a good gift... gives her something to look forward to. If I unwrapped a pair of tickets to an ice hockey game or good concert coming up, I'd love it.

hockey and music. typical :)

Congrats, Katrina. Courage is not being not-scared, it is facing your fear and persevering.

This was about learning to ski. I have heard that she is doing well after her knee surgery.

Hi all,

New to this forum and will soon be new to Germany.

I'm arriving at the start of December and plan on doing some boarding. What do you folks think is the top spot to go to? Keeping in mind that I'd like to try and get work (whatever I can get with my minimal German skills!!) wherever I'm boarding so the slope has to be close enough to a township. I was thinking of Garmisch? Any advice or suggestions?

Cheers everyone.

Kia Ora!

Well here is one of mine Simpson's quote thread

And then there was the time keydeck explained the search function to me.Mexican resturaunt recommendations

Man I cannot believe it will be a year since all this haha.

perdido

post Apr 11 2005, 3:14 pm

Post #61

Perdido here..new to TT I am :

A polaroid artist

Photographer

recovering catholic

hiking junkie!

I am an apache/mexican american raised in Texas but have lived in Portland Or the last eleven years. So I am lost well at least my family tells me that haha (as well as my therapist). I sign all my art worl el nino perdido for I do feel i am the lost child. I decided this after travelling through Cuba , Mexico , and spain. But I now live in Germany and enjoying every minute of it.

As for the recovering catholic part I am man of vices Hee-hee. But I did go to catholic school and well...that was enough for me. But I do not discount any one philosphy on the "almight". I say each to his or her own and live and let live.

Oh yeah I used the perdido name long before mano negro used it but I will not deny that I love his music.

Posted on: Nov 13 2003, 5:55 pm

Thats the problem. We get plenty of promises, but no results. Sorry to see you go Wexford. Who will I interrupt at work now? . I feel bad for Snow White already.

This is in reference to my collegues who were the ones that made me sign up to tt. our boss was sort of horrible but at least i made some really good friends because of that job, so it made up for it :).

I remember the "good old days" of rushing into town on a Saturday to get the shopping done before the 1pm watershed.

You could not do anything during the week as it would have meant leaving at work at 4 or so (this was, of course, OK on a Friday as every office shut down at 1pm)

I miss the Sunday shopping thing but that is also to do with my refusal to adhere to this anal German system.

The only alternative is to head to the airport EDEKA or whatever and pay well over the odds for basic food stuffs...

24 hour opening times were always very dangerous as I often found myself heading to Tesco's with friends at 2 in the morning to buy some gaming system or other random piece of electrical equipment because you decide in a drunken stupor that it would be a great addition to your collection...