Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wedding celebrant/ Freie Redner

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm getting married in July. My fiancé and I are not religious and therefore do not want a priest. Currently I am struggling to find a celebrant who speaks English. All the offers I have received required a family member or friend to translate and help host the ceremony. Unfortunately that does not work in well with what we have planned.

Can anyone suggest a celebrant / Freie Redner/in who speaks both English and German?

Thanks in advance.

Your location?

Freier Theologe is the expression I am more familiar with for the task in hand, should you care to continue searching in German. Doesn't mean it will be a religious speaker despite the name.

There is a TT thread for folk who like to indulge in public speaking. The search function, top right, will help.

TT member Marjett seems to be the organiser and could perhaps point you in the right direction.

Sorry, I completely forgot to add that we're marrying in Nürnberg Altstadt not far from Hauptmarkt. I've looked in German but having some difficulty finding someone who is affordable and thought I'd try here :)

http://www.freietrauung.org/wedding-ceremony/

because i am german i asked google for you! This link above leads you to an english speaking ... just check it, maybe it helps!

and if you need a wedding photographer and video, please check this: www.momentsofshine.de

I wish you all the best!

Thank you for the "Freie Redner" suggestion. I also had found this person on google however this person doesn't live in Nürnberg which would mean we would have to pay for travel costs. On our small budget, I'd prefer to have someone from the Nürnberg region.

I'm sorry I am unable to help you with finding an English speaking celebrant but I am a wedding photographer and I live in Nuremberg! I don't know if you are still searching for one but if by chance you are please take a look at my website www.jessicagullaschphotography.com. If you are interested you can email me at jgullaschphotography@gmail.com or you can do so through my website ^_^

I hope you find an English speaking celebrant soon!

All the best.