Interested in climbing and mountaineering

17 posts in this topic

Hi there

Just moved to Frankfurt and looking for english speakers to go climbing with. I have experience but am a bit out of shape so keen to get back into it, i guess indoors at the moment. Also if anyone is into mountaineering im really interested in exploring that side of it too. Looking forward to meeting like minded people.

Cheers

Rachel

I would second that - I don't know of any places here that offer indoor climbing (or outdoor, for that matter), but I'll definitely bump this thread in the interest of finding something.

My husband (who is German) and I like to climb as well. If anyone has been to the T-hall, we'd love to hear what you thought. We've been wanting to to try it out, but haven't made it out yet.

Hi Folks;

Myself and climbing buddy, Timmy; have been climbing the crags around K-town, Landstuhl area for 3 seasons, and are still finding new runs! We haven't been to T-Hall in Frankfurt, but have done a lot of indoor climbing at the Ramstein Outdoor Rec... Kinda on the smaller side, and can be crowded on the weekends, but close and convenient for us. Also, there is a gigantic indoor gym in Zweibrucken, Camp 4 www.campvier.de with a large Bouldering section and central lounge. A little more spendy than Ramstein, but nice.

Also,if you don't mind a drive... there are some beautiful rocks near the town of Dahn; near the French border. There's a rock there called

"Teufelstisch" The Devil's Table. If anyone would like to get together and climb in our area, we'd be happy to meet up!

Hi Rachel and all above - am interested in getting back into climbing/hiking also - email me at bella.ward@allenovery.com

Thall also do an intro course and hire equipment out if you don't have it.

There are a couple of climbing halls in Frankfurt and I have a car.

Cheers,

Bella

Hey I just got here! Interested to know how you guys went finding a climbing gym? Bump! I too am looking to get back onto the rock after a few years off, and also VERY interested in any winter-sports that people need a buddy for. PM me. Tüsche! Davo

I went bouldering last night with a local girl here; http://www.boulderwelt-frankfurt.de/ and there is roped climbing here; http://www.kletterzentrum-frankfurtmain.de/start/ . Both centres are good with lots of climbs of varying difficulties. They are owned by the same person, and I am told the routes are changed regularly. All good!

Hi all,

is this group active?

I've been climbing for quite a long time and did have a pretty long break, so would love getting back into it. Have been to T-Hall sometimes. As soon as it is warm enough, Schriesheim is a great spot for outdoor climbing not too far away.

Would be great if we could meet-up at some stage!

Hi,

Anybody interested in climbing outside next weekend? I have no idea where, but I’m open to suggestions.

I’m new in Frankfurt, don’t know any climbers here, moved here 6 months ago – so I’m a rusty right now, but I’m looking for a partner! My plan is to go climbing 2-3x inside during weekdays, and outside on weekends.

I’ll be happy to go bouldering as well!

If anybody is interested let me know.

High grades and long lasting finger skin ;)

If anybody wants to climb at Schriessheim or the Pfalz let me know. I have extra Harnesses and shoes too :-) I live in Hockenheim and work quite near Schriessheim.

Marco

Hi I went to the T hall last night to check it out.

Its very clean, modern and has lots of walls and really good height. They are open for beginners and can speak a little English. The price was quite high though costing 70 Euros each for you to be trained to use the ropes/Belay etc and then 14 euro plus equipment hire each time you climb... this is OK if you go on your own, but if you go with your partner, you are looking at 40 Euros or so for an evening of climbing.

My partner and I are both keen to get up a wall but maybe not at these prices just yet...

Hi, I’m looking for a climbing partner in Frankfurt. Usually I go climbing at the Kelkheim sport center but also the DAV hall in Frankfurt is possible. I've been climbing for quite a long time. At the moment my climbing level is around 6+/7- depending on the routes. I’ll go climbing one or two times a week.

If anybody is interested let me know.

Cheers,

Jens

Bacher_jens@gmx.de

Hi there its pretty late answer but I will still write :)

I am newly moving to Frankfurt and I am open to any type of climbing partners. I can train with my girlfriend a few times a week but I want to put myself into a better shape thus I need to train more.

I had some near 5000m mountaineering activities but after having a lung problem I had to stop but I am thinking of starting again.

Sport climbing is a passion for me but I could start again sport climbing just a few months before. I have VII+ or if you really push VIII- level.

I may complete a 7a (or a high level in a German indoor gym) if the route is suitable for me.

If anybody still following this conversation and interested let me know.

Cheers

Emre

emogun@gmail.com

Hi All!

I'm new to Darmstadt and looking for climbing partners. Thus I thought I would spam all these old threads where people are looking for others to climb.

I'm 35, from Finland and have been climbing for about 5.5 years. At my best I have climbed grades up to 7a (French), although currently I'm a bit out of shape. I like all kinds of climbing, especially outdoors, and I have experience ranging from sport climbing to multipitch trad climbing. I also have all my own gear, although I have to buy a new rope as my old one started to get in a bad shape.

I can climb in Darmstadt area any day after work, or Frankfurt area during the weekends. I always prefer to climb outdoors when possible, but as the winter is coming, it will mostly be indoor climbing for now.

I'm also intrested in other outdoor/mountain sports: hiking, mountaineering (been up to 5500 m), skiing (especially ski touring) and paragliding (just a beginner). Unfortunately I don't have a car (at least not yet), so I'm a bit limited in my mobility.

If you are looking for a partner for any of these activities, let me know!

Sami