Cycling clubs and groups in Munich

14 posts in this topic

I'd be interested too. I have a race (triathlon) coming up in 5 weeks (it's the Munich Triathlon - short, fun) and I need to ride more. Plus, my boyfriend usually doesn't have time to ride with me, so I end up going alone.

Hi All,

Having been in Munich less than 1 week, I'm looking for help in finding training routes for cycling, training groups (clubs) etc. More specifically:

1. Where is a good high-end bike shop in Munich?

2. From Schwabing, where can one go for 2-3hr rides with some moderate climbing?

3. Any groups who ride in the daytime, say between 9am to 2pm?

Thanks,

Ricky

Welcome to Munich, Ricky. Your post has been merged with the earlier discussion about cycling clubs. Seems like nobody has found one yet. Maybe some one will and they'll post here.

Note you don't specify whether it's mountain or road biking you're into.

In the meantime, your other questions are possibly covered here:

Additionally, site searches will bring up lots of related discussions: biking, cycling

With regard to clubs, I got overtaken yesterday when out cycling by someone with the following link on his jersey:

http://www.rrc1902muenchen.de/

Seems to be a bike club with weekly road rides and time trials. They also have a links page with some other Munich bike clubs on it.

Bron

I met some guys from the ADFC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Fahrrad-Club) last year on the road. Quite organised bunch of road riders :

AFDC Muenchen

Cheers

B

My friend is member of RC Concordia 1986. They have 2 trainings per week, weekend rides and some take part at competitions. In winter they sometimes do mountain-bike rides.

Their site (german only), has a linklist of other cycling clubs in Munich.

hi im new to the city and am looking to get my bike out and meet some people. i would like to go outside the city for some proper mountian biking but would be greatfull if someone could just show me some local trails or point me in the direction of a club or someting.

thanks

kev

Topics merged by admin

@Konradp I usually ride early in the morning on weekdays if weather permits and also do longer rides (~100K at 30kph) on weekends. I could use some company for sure. I start from Neuhausen and then ride via Olympiastraße to Starnberg around the lake and then back to Munich.

On 2017-5-9 07:55:02, dudv said:

@Konradp I usually ride early in the morning on weekdays if weather permits and also do longer rides (~100K at 30kph) on weekends. I could use some company for sure. I start from Neuhausen and then ride via Olympiastraße to Starnberg around the lake and then back to Munich.

Hi Konradp & Dudv, 100k sounds like a great distance. I have just signed up for a cycling club in meetup but its only about 50K and I am assuming will be a very gentle pace. I can do a steady 15mph/24khr pace on flats. With hills it goes down to about 12mph. Please give me a shout if you are up for a test ride. I am fresh off the boat so if you know the routes thats ideal. Cheers Leon

On 5/26/2017, 3:31:23, WWLD said:

Hi Konradp & Dudv, 100k sounds like a great distance. I have just signed up for a cycling club in meetup but its only about 50K and I am assuming will be a very gentle pace. I can do a steady 15mph/24khr pace on flats. With hills it goes down to about 12mph. Please give me a shout if you are up for a test ride. I am fresh off the boat so if you know the routes thats ideal. Cheers Leon

Hi @WWLD - I'm looking to join a club too but unfortunately haven't had much success. Based on your average speeds, looks like we're about the same level. Not sure if you found a club or group in the meantime if you're still looking for a cycling partner, I would be happy to take a spin one of the days. 

BTW I was tempted to link up with the Monaco Velo club but stopped short of it when I noticed the registration price. Maybe thats the going rate, though?