IpTV boxes for Indian tv & sports content

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Looking for suggestions to view English/Indian tv content along with Sports (read cricket) via IpTV.

The situation I find myself in is that I live in an apartment complex where installing a Satellite receiver is not allowed (so my hopes of using SKY UK gone!). The other option I have been searching all over the internet is to find a decent enough IpTV provider with a good coverage of indian/uk tv channels including live sports.

I have had a look at Jadoo box but it is crap! Dishworld (http://www.dishworld.com/) only seems to work in the US :-(

The other one which looks fine content wise is Superiptv.com but it seems to be a scam what with sending 400$ to China for a box!

My question to fellow Toytown folks is that do you know of any good IpTV option which provides a good mix of english/indian tv content? I have a 50 Mbps connection at home so streaming shouldn't be an issue at my end.

Thanks and looking forward to some options!

Regards

Have you considered Zattoo already? A number of media players (e.g. WD TV Live Streaming) support it. You might need Overplay or some other form of SmartDNS/VPN though.

Note on a shameless plug - I'm selling one of them WDTV toys, see the Classifieds section.

Thanks AncientBrit. I will talk to the hausverwaltung to see what they say for this.

@Airwave, is Zattoo not just local german content (mostly)?

Re Tattoo, see the following post and especially the link it contains:

When you subscribe to Zattoo, it retains all of your channels including the UK ones. The only differences are the advantages. Much better quality (depending on channels and the platform used), 250 shows which can be recorded, and the 7 day "catch-up" service on all channels, allowing you to go back in time by 7 days even if you forget to record.

So far, my tests have shown the iOS apps to offer the best quality, and best features. AirPlay makes it near perfect, as the iPhone or iPad becomes a cool remote, and the video quality is wirelessly played on the TV in great quality.

I have not tried Android yet.

The Samsung TV app is quite average, but when I tested it, it did allow recording on the PVR. Video quality is not as good as via iOS, but ok, though this depends on the model of TVs. I think the F-series tested better than the E-series (and Zattoo confirmed this for me). I also find the Samsung TV app a little buggy and the UI not the best. Still, it is a good way to make use of this service if you have no other device available. You will need to set the Smart Hub to Germany (which means you loose the UK catch-up services), unless you perform a more complicated method to mix apps from different countries together. (see here)

The new Xbox One also has a Zattoo app, and the good thing here is that you can easily mix it with other regions services (see here). The good side is that the favourite channels you select appear right at the front as default, but the downsides are quite a few. Video quality is not as good as via iOS, the UI is quite painful and there is no recording function (or even a way to watch recordings). On the bright side, you can control it via your voice. On the down side, Microsoft will also charge you an annual fee to use any streaming services.

Am I happy with Zattoo? Under the sub and via iOS, absolutely. I think it is an amazing service and the best way to watch UK television outside of the UK if you don't have the ability to receive it via Satellite. In fact, I use Zattoo for German channels to, especially recording to their PVR despite having our main TV pointing to a German satellite, simply because their PVR UI is so much better than the Samsung E-series TV.

Hi Znag,

I am in the exactly same situation as you described in your first post. Did you find a way?

It will be great if you can guide me to get this :)

Cheers,