Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apartment search in Nuremberg Tips!

4 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I found new job in Nuremberg, We (me and my wife) are moving to Nuremberg from Düsseldorf in March 2014.

We are originally from India. We are searching for a nice and fully/partly furnished apartment.

We are looking for apartment 10 km radius from Nueremberg main Station (as my office is near to Hbf).

I would like to have suggestion from you about good areas (for family) to live in Nürnberg. I mean is there any specific area which we should avoid?

thanks!!

Pras

I have been in Nuernberg for about 4.5 months. I dont see any area to "avoid" as such for any reasons that would affect me. Your idea of "avoid" should probably be defined further with "to avoid because I dont like..". Since your office will be near Hbf, I would recommend to take a home in place near a U-Bahn line. There are 3 U lines. You can have a look at vgn.de to get an idea of these lines and the stops. Any regular sites for apartment search will definitely lead you to good options. Since you have been in Germany already, all regular contract terms will be known to you already. Do not worry too much. Its a good city. Welcome aboad.

PS: I am also originally from India.

thanks Enthiran for your tips! :) Till now, I found that HomeCompany offers best Furnished apartments. If you know any other let me know.

We are also searching english speaking and well recommended gynecologist as my wife is pregnant.

Persi26, try this http://home.immobilienscout24.de/2YoPd/offers/WAZ/listed/Aktualität/0

I took home only from this guy. His name is Reiner Konig. He speaks English (in fact very good English). Most houses he offers are furnished, but the rent will be on the higher side. I realized this only after signing a contract, but was still fine because he doesnt get "brokerage" or it is a provisionfrei renting as he is the direct owner. He runs this under the name of the company Constructiv. To give you an idea, I have rented a 50 m2 fully furnished apartment for 800(rent)+100(Nebenkosten) euro per month. It is definitely on the higher side, but since I couldnt pay for the hotel as well as for the brokerage, I simply took the housing for rent due to financial constraints. To be fair though, the apartment is centrally located and just one minute walk from the nearest U-Bahn.

If your company pays for the brokerage (or if you are ready to pay yourself), you can certainly go ahead with Home Company. I have heard 2 of my friends say that they show really good apartments which are furnished. Since you generally know the German market and assuming you can talk few words and communicate in German, you should also probably do a round of search, calling landlords based on the posts in the general rental sites. Good luck.