CR&Cie - Germany wide (health)insurance and investment advice for Expats

92 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a insurance related question. I bought an apartment which is under construction and will be delivered in the 7/8 months.

I would like to buy a legal insurance (Rechtsschutzversicherung) which among the usual risks covers also the risks related to the building of the apartment. More precisely I would like to be covered in the event that I need a lawyer because for example there is a delay in the delivery or there are material defects in the final apartment, the apartment does not correspond to the one I bought on the paper (and other potential issues). To clarify: the insurance should not cover the the cost I bear for the delay or for the defects, but should cover the fee I have to pay to a lawyer for assisting me in case (hopefully no) it is needed).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Trinita said:

Hello everyone,

I have a insurance related question. I bought an apartment which is under construction and will be delivered in the 7/8 months.

I would like to buy a legal insurance (Rechtsschutzversicherung) which among the usual risks covers also the risks related to the building of the apartment. More precisely I would like to be covered in the event that I need a lawyer because for example there is a delay in the delivery or there are material defects in the final apartment, the apartment does not correspond to the one I bought on the paper (and other potential issues). To clarify: the insurance should not cover the the cost I bear for the delay or for the defects, but should cover the fee I have to pay to a lawyer for assisting me in case (hopefully no) it is needed).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

pls send us simply a direct message via our contact-form...this section on Toytown is kinda reserved for clients who have already received services and want to talk about their (hopefully happy) experience as a reference for all others.

https://www.crcie.com/contact/

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

A further recommendation for Pat aka Starshallow. We bounced some emails back and forth today, as I struggled to understand some of the finer aspects of private vs public health insurance. Quick responses & solid info. Many thanks !!

On 11/11/2016, 5:57:53, alanmcf said:

My wife and I have communicated half a dozen times with Paul Downs for health insurance information, and how it is tied to immigration. He has been just wonderful taking time to quickly and thoroughly answer our questions. A link to him is here http://www.crcie.com/independentadvice/advisors/paul-downes/. We highly recommend him.

We have had the same experience and highly recommend Paul.

each year in November is the time when private German health insurance may contact their clients and inform them about upcoming increases in the monthly premiums. Such increases are not necessarily something to worry about, because they follow both monetary inflation and what is also called medical inflation.

However, such increases allow you a "Sonderkündigungsrecht", i.e. you have two months now to give special notice in order to join another private health insurance. But such switches should not be undertaken easily and without a lot of due diligence beforehand. It is highly advisable to get an independent expert to check your existing health insurance and to advise you on the pros and cons of switching to a different insurance provider or health insurance plan.

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hi, I have a question about Pflegerechtversicherung.

I was self employed acting as a contractor for NATO, living in Germany and working in the Netherlands. I was paying Health insurance through TK which was fine.

I then got a employed directly by NATO and had to move to their Health Insurance system "Alliance Worldwide"

My wife who is German was not working at the time so she and my daughter were covered first by TK then by "Alliance Worldwide"

My daughter now has an apprenticeship with the Finanzamt and requires her own health insurance. However, no company will accept the proof of previous Health Insurance from Alliance Worldwide (Even Alliance Germany) because it did not include Pflegerechtversicherung.

The workaround we got from the insurance companies we spoke to is to BackPay the Pflegerechtversicherung which for my daughter for 2 years we were quoted around 500 euros.

When I check online for Pflegerechtversicherung policies, my daughter would pay around 9 euros per month so no more than 250 Euros for the 2 years we missed.

Are there any regulations for backpayment of Pflegerechtversicherung because 500 euros seems very high.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, bobbyger said:

Hi, I have a question about Pflegerechtversicherung.

I was self employed acting as a contractor for NATO, living in Germany and working in the Netherlands. I was paying Health insurance through TK which was fine.

I then got a employed directly by NATO and had to move to their Health Insurance system "Alliance Worldwide"

My wife who is German was not working at the time so she and my daughter were covered first by TK then by "Alliance Worldwide"

My daughter now has an apprenticeship with the Finanzamt and requires her own health insurance. However, no company will accept the proof of previous Health Insurance from Alliance Worldwide (Even Alliance Germany) because it did not include Pflegerechtversicherung.

The workaround we got from the insurance companies we spoke to is to BackPay the Pflegerechtversicherung which for my daughter for 2 years we were quoted around 500 euros.

When I check online for Pflegerechtversicherung policies, my daughter would pay around 9 euros per month so no more than 250 Euros for the 2 years we missed.

Are there any regulations for backpayment of Pflegerechtversicherung because 500 euros seems very high.

Thanks

HI there - this section is more for people to comment on their experience with our advice.  You can post a general question below simply in the Finance Forum (and receive answers from us AND many others) or you can send us your direct inquiry via Toytown or the contact form on our website: www.crcie.com 

Cheerio

I was so impressed with the service from CR&Cie, that I created an account and wanted to tell you about our experience. I am from Ireland. The wife got tired of the Kerry weather and also wanted to be closer to her family here in Germany. We moved here a couple of years ago and got her onto her old GVK. My situation was a bit of a problem. The local AOK would not accept me into their system and wanted me to buy private insurance. 

I googled the problem which brought me to ToyTownGermany. 

I read through all of the comments and decided to send these lads an email. They sorted everything out. They helped me get the correct documentation from Ireland to get onto the GKV here. They saved me quite a bit of money as well. 

Paul has been a profound help to my family. Thank you for your assistance with my integration into the German system. 

Hello forum,

I just want to thumps up CR&Cie and particularly Keith Tanner.

I am Italian living in Germany and I have a lot of questions-problems with health insurance, car insurance and pension plan.

I had so much stress because of German bureaucracy and I would not be able to figure out what to do.

Thanks to CR&Cie I had a solution to all my problems. It is a very solid, trustworthy, competent company and a special thanks to Keith Tanner that is my personal savior.
5 stars plus!

Compaesani italiani, se leggete questo messaggio e non sapete cosa fare di assicurazioni etc in Germania, chiedete a CR&Cie.

Hello,

I had a sent a message via the contact form on the website about 3-4 weeks ago but never heard back ^
Is there any problem with the contact form?

Thank you!

sorry to hear this - will check it out, but AFAIK, the contact form works fine. Having said that - it is summer holidays and both our office and our advisors are partially enjoying their holidays, which can cause some delays. But please send a direct email to me and I'll see that is answered asap: patrick.o.ott@crcie.com

Cheerio