CR&Cie - Germany wide (health)insurance and investment advice for Expats

83 posts in this topic

Just want to post a quick recommendation for Patrick from CR & Cie. He was clearly very knowledgeable in the insurance realm and was able to quickly provide me with a solid plan for what I should do once I move to Germany. He was quick in his replies and very transparent by informing me of his financial incentives. Two thumbs up, I highly recommend him for anyone who wants the insurance headache to be taken care of by a third party.

Outstanding service!

Patrick immediately replied to the questions I had sent him via email. We even discussed several points about the possibility of Tricare on the phone. Pat made sure I understood how to find my way through the maze of the German bureaucracy.

When I need to find and settle on an insurance company, I will call Pat. Thank you, Pat, for guiding me through the maze.

Hello,

I highly recommendarrow-10x10.png Patrick Ott at CR & Cie. I presented him with a very difficult case regarding retirement insurance in order to obtain my resident visa in Germany. He was always extremely helpful and researched and investigated endlessly until he found a solution. I will tell my friends about him and use him again when necessary.

I agree with all the endorsements above. We had a very good experience with Patrick and Nora, both in terms of their immediate and clear communication and with the efficiency of their support and follow up. We would recommend them to anyone seeking to navigate the rather complex field of health insurance in Germany. We certainly value their insight. 

I contacted Paul Downes from CR&Cie (better said, I contacted CR&Cie and Mr. Downes answered me). I would like to agree with the endorsements above me, but I cannot. I don't disagree with them neither, it's simply that I don't know because I didn't received an answer other than the initial one. I sent an email on 26.12.2015 asking for advice, He answered me the next working day, on 28.12.2015, introducing himself and asking for the information about my "case". I answered on 29.12.2015 with every detail possible, including attachments of the insurances I have, and so on. I'm still waiting for an answer that I didn't receive, not even an acknowledge receipt. I also sent a reminder on 11.01.2016, with the same lack of results.

My "case" is nothing fancy, neither I'm in a hurry. Just a normal employee with a normal job, who wants to "optimize" the situation a bit since it looks that I'm staying here long, things like changing the Krankenkasse, Zusatzversicherungen, change the Haftpflichtversicherung, things like that.

I guess I'll wait some days more until I contact somebody else.

HI Juantxorena - tks for the feedback. Not sure what happened but will let Paul know and make sure he'll contact you within the next 48 hours tops. Sorry you had to wait.

Just one question: you would not, by any chance, have a Gmail or Hotmail account for your emails? We have problems in the past with these two providers blocking our emails as SPAM... perhaps this is a possible explanation?

Can you PM me please your real name so that I can tell Paul exactly who is waiting for his reaction?

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hello Starshollow, thanks for the fast answer. I'm using a gmail account for this. I also check from time to time the spam folder, just in case something like this happens. Gmail removes the spam mails older than 30 days, so it should be there, and also the first mail asking for information arrived without problems. Maybe are my mails the ones being marked as SPAM. I send you the PM.

Grüße

Hello,

Totally recommend this service fort expats/English speaking persons that need advice on German law and health insurance (in my case).

Patrick was really helpful, clear and with details on the matter, replying within minutes through email.

Actually, it was one of the few services that actually replied to my emails and with such detail and information, that I really don't need to ask anyone else, all my questions were answered and even more than expected.

Thanks!

Also had very helpful and thoughtful reply, mercifully well-expressed in English.  There was a bit of time lag between our initial communications and the reply, but they are very helpful - if you're left waiting, just give them a nudge, and they reply very promptly.

Patrick comes highly recommended.

My situation was a bit complex but Patrick was really great in assisting me in getting public health insurance. He guided me through every step of the process. Patrick's knowledge in the very complex field of German Health insurance is clearly evident and I am now with a good public health insurance..

I echo the others on here -- very positive experience.  Reached out to Patrick and his firm, as my existing health insurance premium will be increasing 22 percent from April 2016 onwards.  Received prompt replies and clear/concise options.  Will now refer other colleagues who may need assistance his way.

I've contacted Patt a few times over the years because I know he's very knowledgeable about the German health system. He has always replied quickly, and been able to help me out with my situation. Absolutely recommended for anyone having any issues in Cr&Cie's field of expertise. 

Starshollow has answered a lot of questions in the toytowngermany forum as well, so it is probably a good idea to use the search function and check if your question hasn't been answered already. He and a few others are valuable members of the toytowngermany community, and the forum is lucky to have them.

Cheers

From my recent experience I cannot recommend CR & Cie and in my specific case Nora and Patrick enough.  While I have been living in Germany for many years, speak the language and deal with my own tax returns etc, I had issues with my health insurance that I simply couldn’t deal with. Within less than a month (much of the time lag my own doing) I had been guided through a number of options and was signed up with Signal Iduna.  They really took all of the pain out of an issue that had been causing me concern for some time.  I only wish I had found out about them sooner!        

Pity that I'm leaving a negative comment here..

I contacted Pat about the issue which is mentioned in the topic he created.

he is friendly and replied that he would check the issue and contact me again soon,

but after that, I got no response even though I have sent some reminders.. 

maybe they are no longer interested in the topic or my case could be unprofitable for them.

in any way, I felt he ignores me. Quite disappointing.

@Moto: did you check your junkmail just in case?

On 15.9.2011, 13:53:30, Starshollow said:

...but another thing that happens often is that if you use a GMAIL. GOOGLEMAIL or HOTMAIL account our first reply ends in your junkmail filter because of our email signature containing jpegs and links to websites.

Uncle Nick - thanks for that. I have sent him a PM here thru Toytown but not heard back from him yet.

Unfortunately at this point I have no idea which clear-name is behind "Moto".

Not saying that I could not have happened that he did not get an answer - sometimes we are swamped, we have several advisors working on a large number of clients (which is a good thing, ain't complaining about this :-) )

- mistakes can happen...and then sometimes we can be slow, too. But if I know of a certain case, I will of course follow up as I would in this case if I only knew who he was.

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

So, three weeks are gone since the negative comments above from "Moto". I sent him PMs, asking him to let me know his real name so that I can check what happend to his/her inquiry with us and deal with that accordingly. He/she never answered. I have the feeling that this is not a real client/inquiry but rather someone trying to write a negative comments for marketing reasons or something like that. Sad.

It is always possible that we make a mistake or that a reply for an inquiry feels too long in getting to initator...so, do please let us know if we do not live up to your expectation and we will either explain why we could not or make sure that the mistake is remedied.

Cheerio

On 13.5.2016, 19:51:46, M_R said:

I've contacted Patt a few times over the years because I know he's very knowledgeable about the German health system. He has always replied quickly, and been able to help me out with my situation. Absolutely recommended for anyone having any issues in Cr&Cie's field of expertise. 

Starshollow has answered a lot of questions in the toytowngermany forum as well, so it is probably a good idea to use the search function and check if your question hasn't been answered already. He and a few others are valuable members of the toytowngermany community, and the forum is lucky to have them.

Cheers

Health insurance is a critical issue now at the end of the year again. You only have three more days to give notice for a normal cancellation/switch of your private insurance if you are not satisfied with what you have. And then there will be again a number of insurance companies to raise the premiums in November...at what time you have another window of opportunity to change insurance due to a special cancellation right.

Let us help you with this complex and annoying topic and get it off your slate for good...

Cheerio

What is the normal reply time for phone calls? I called yesterday and was told that I would get a call back. I wasn't given a time when I asked. I'm just concerned because I have a time sensitive issue.

10 hours ago, Asanaria said:

What is the normal reply time for phone calls? I called yesterday and was told that I would get a call back. I wasn't given a time when I asked. I'm just concerned because I have a time sensitive issue.

I called again this morning and was assured that I would get a call back today. This did not happen. I called a few times to check on the status but during the last call the phone operator was extremely rude, saying "What are you, ten?" When I got upset on the phone.

Hands down the worst experience I have had in Germany.