Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Xbox One for UK TV Services

2 posts in this topic

If anyone is considering the Xbox One and was wondering how well it works with UK media services, I'm beginning a whole pile of reviews, how-to's etc over at Eye on-Demand.

Just as a head's up, I can confirm that all of the current, existing UK IPTV services that are available on the new Xbox One, work via Overplay's smart DNS. That is, Demand 5, 4oD, Netflix (including changing country regions), Lovefilm and Crackle.

The first review is an update of the Demand 5 one, to now include the Xbox One platform, and I must say, I think Demand 5 have finally got it right. Ok, I'm not going to judge the actual content of this channel, it may not really be for me, but there are others out there who love it...

Anyway, for the full review hit the link here.

Later, I will be reviewing all the other services, along with guides on how to set up the Xbox One to the UK as well as other countries and reviewing their services as well. It's going to keep me going.

I also have an Playstation 4 coming as soon as I can get my hands on one in Germany (hopefully this week), and will be doing the same for that, including a comparison with the focus on IPTV and media services.

A full review of the Xbox One for media services can be found here.

Oh, and the folks at OverPlay have just added SBS on-Demand from Australia via Smart DNS on the Xbox One, and being the nature of the device, you can easily add it from the Australia store to your hub and it will work fine alongside 4oD and Demand 5.

Amazing...