Sending passport to the US consulate Frankfurt

55 posts in this topic

@Wertewandel

I just looked at your profile and it says German...soon.

When/if you get your German citizenship, I dont think it will make you German.. 

I assume to be "German", You need to be born here to One or more German parents

If a dog lives in a Stable... it will stil Bark!

I am Bristish... But even if I was an Ami, Krout or Chinkie... I would still be an "Asshole" as you call it.. 

If you are so proud to be American.. why.... 

Nah... I wont go there...

5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

@Wertewandel

@SpiderPig I am American, and proud of it. I will always be "other than German". Yourself? I see that your job is to monitor and be an asshole on this forum?

Two words. BREXIT. NOW.

Why would it affect me?

I own my property here,I own my company here, I pay my Taxes here and My Daughter was Born here to a German mother...  

Whats your point?

Who sadly trolls a message board for integration-challenged British people living in Germany? What is your point?

Going back to the purpose of this thread...

The consulate just told me I could come on the day I have an appointment at any time up to 11am, even if my appointment was earlier in the day. Good info I wish I'd had known earlier. I would have been able to make it there in person rather than deal with all this hassle of mailing in a check.

4 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I am Bristish... But even if I was an Ami, Krout or Chinkie... I would still be an "Asshole" as you call it.. 

If you are so proud to be American.. why... 

Nah... I wont go there...

The C word is racist! Eeeks.

1 hour ago, McDee said:

The C word is racist! Eeeks.

Dont worry. His racism is the least of his concerns.

Went to the consulate today to renew my passport. I went in person because I was supposed to go with my minor child to renew hers as well, and as you know, child renewals are basically new applications, requiring an appearance with both parents. But, my partner couldn't come any longer, so I canceled her appointment and just kept mine. The other reason is I didn't want to deal with the payment methods by post, and it isn't too much of a hassle for me to go to the consulate.

If you're also dropping of a DS-82, you can just show up between 1 and 2 on Mondays and Thursdays too, without an appointment.

I went to the main visitor's entrance on Giessener Strasse. Don't go straight to the US citizen's queue. Go to the one for visa applicants first because there is a sign there that's hard to see telling you to get a number before getting back into the US citizen's queue with basically everyone. Nobody was telling me this, and I figured it out only after waiting for about 10 minutes. Idiots.

The person at the window will check your stuff and give you a number that the security guard will want. Also, even though the consulate now says bring nothing electronic, as it won't be stored, this is bullshit, and they will store your electronics, at least as of today. I think they just try to get people to keep everything at home or in the car, but they will not turn you away, even though the email says they will.

Finally, you go into the main building, straight to a window at the back (22), submit and pay for the application, and leave. No need to go upstairs for a renewal.

I was told it could take 6-8 weeks! Hopefully, it will be less, because it took 1 week for my kids' passports and CRBAs to arrive. But, COVID times could mean a delay.