Gluten-Free Groceries Nuremberg

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

so as a new resident to Nuremberg and Germany, one with Coeliac's (a complete gluten intolerance), I am finding food shopping terribly difficult. Considering all the other adjustments, my struggles to find gluten free products is really bringing me down quite a lot.

Anyone know of places to buy gluten free goodies?

Around here REWE supermarkets have a range of Glutenfrei products. There are REWE stores in Nuremberg - perhaps they stock the same range too.

Found some gluten free bread at Rewe but that was about it, still a triumph though. Will try Edeka next.

Thanks! :)

There were a couple places I found gluten-free products when I lived there: Real, Reformhaus. You could also try the large Marktkauf on Erlanger Str.

There's also a great bakery you can order from online: Hammermuhle. I recommend them highly!

Also, there are a couple of good online shops - if you order enough, delivery is free, no matter how much it weighs. I have ordered from both places and was pleased but prefer Quer because I find it to cost a bit less.

Querfoods

Glutenfrei-supermarkt

Cheers.

You should check out dm. They have a good selection of breads and goodies such as jaffa cakes. The bread in dm is the best I have found here in Germany and its really really tasty. Its the schär bread and its in a yellow packet. Looks like sliced bread and is called vital or vollkorn. Shopping is not as good here as at home for gf food though. But Elisen lebkuchen do a gf version and are sooo good and taste exactly like the other lebkuchen. One more thing, there is a shop a bit outside of the city center called GVS on Lehrberger Straße 12, . Its an Itailan\Asian wholesale (but anyone can go there) and they have a small selection of gf products in the freezer section, including a very decent Tiramisu and pizza pastry dough. Gvs also have an awesome wine selection and you can even try some wine its sortta help yourself but I loved this place and is really good for bulk buying meat and fish (prawns 50% cheaper than in normal supermarkets.)

If you do like dm food then I would really recommend then getting their dm card, over the past five years I have exclusivly bought from there and used the card to collect points (round 30 ish euro per month) that after a few months I can trade the points in for cash and get one whole shopping for free or for at least half price. Good luck with it all!

In the last two year more products are making there way to the stores. Most supermarkets have a few items on the shelves. They might be by the diabetic things. I find Real puts theirs not far from the Wasa products. Their are also a few Bio-markets. A new one that has popped up is Denn's.

Also, ebl-naturkost.

There is also a cafe that Ive been to a few times that do (or at least used to) a gf cake on the menu and also have gf bread available and a gf meal available too. Its called Literaturehaus its really close to the train station on Luitpoldstraße 6.

There is a cafe/bakery called SoulFood that has some wonderful items.

They mostly use coconut floor, not rice or corn.

Johannisstraße 47a

Nuremberg

Wonderful muffins, cheese cake, they just start sell the bottoms to make your own strawberry tart. Coffee with different choices of milk.

BoFrost is dear but you can buy from them and they have super quality goods its frozen but very good!

The following page is translated but have a read

I am a bofrost salesman (off sick with a new Knee) but I do know my customers were very happy with Bofrost Free

and they will bring it to your door and also you can phone and ask them to bring stuff anytime you need it ie a party or something another good thing is if you do not like what you bought you may give it back or if you dont have it any more tell the driver that you did not like it and you will get your money back

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.bofrost.de/Produkte/bofrost-free/cb201/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbofrost%2Bfree%26client%3Dubuntu-browser%26es_sm%3D93