Ballet lessons for 4-year-old children

26 posts in this topic

Hello Family Lifers

I am moving to Munich at the end of April (see my thread in Newcomers- but I am now moving out of there... :D and into other spaces) and am really looking forward to the move and meeting new people.

Family is Aus/NZ/Polish, me, DH, DS (nearly 2) and my DD who just turned 4. I PROMISED her she could start ballet this year, of course now we are moving...

Can anyone recommend a ballet studio? Are there such places? She doesn't speak any German yet, however that is a priority and she will start lessons as soon as we arrive.We plan to stay many years, so I don't want to put her off learning until such time we return to Australia (unknown...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated- even if its a private/ small group lesson!!

Renia

Can't help you much with the ballet but I remember chatting a few months ago. Welcome to the pack, and Li'l Missie will be burbling German within a few weeks if you put her into a German-speaking group. If you can, go along for the first few lessons (I remember that you do speak some German?) until she feels comfy.

If you are planning on staying for several years and having the children learn English then I would avoid English ballet lessons. Children adapt pretty easily for the most part and they will be getting lots of English from you and society as it is.

Try checking into the Bilingual parent mail list biling-fam@nethelp.no for support and advice. Good luck!!!

Grinner, oops!

Farley R, thanks so much for the kinderballett link. It looks fantastic- just what I am looking for!!

DDBUG, thanks for the bilingual family link. I am checking it out now.

Renia

For those in Munich south, I can recommend "Pirouette" which my daughter attends.

Pirouette

Ballettzentrum Unterhaching

Südstrasse 8

82008 Unterhaching

Tel: (089) 66 59 32 41

E-mail: ballettzentrum@hotmail.com

The teachers have the Royal Academy of Dance qualifications and teach the Academy curriculum.

For children aged 3 and above. Costs EUR 36/month. Unfortunately no website.

the family mom of the family i work for teaches ballet. she teaches one afternoon in the kindergarten in our neighborhood. and wednesdays she teaches classes elsewhere. the wed afternoon class there's a 4 yr old class (one of her daughters is 4). The mom speaks both english and german. the class is in german, but i'm sure she'd love to help out- either recommend places or take your daugther into her own class. let me know if you'd like more info!

(these classes are in Grunwald, seeing as that's where we live- so if you are in the southern area of munich it'd work)

Topic is a couple of years old, so I thought I'd ask again in case there's any new info...

Ballet classes for three year olds? English or German. I know many kids get ballet in kindergarten, but mine's still at home and I'm looking for other things for her to do. Thanks!

I take mine to Ballet in Feldkirchen, I dont know if that is an option for you.

She is new, but loves it so far, I was pleasantly surprised by what they do and she keeps practicing her moves at home, which means she was also impressed.

The teacher is nice and flexible, still without loosing the ballet feeling.

The studio is Adriana Radu, if feldkirchen is an option for you I can give you the info...

Oh it costs 36 EUR per month, once a week.

Good Luck!

I take mine to Mara's Tanzwelt next to the Neuperlach Sud Station. She's bilingual and lots of girls from the european school go there. The girls start at age 3. I'm very happy with it and so is my dd

It's 30 Eur/month for a 50 minute class per week.

Hi

I know a very good nursery south east of Munich in Putzbrunn which has a 'music and movement' session once a week.

It's called Bunchkids and the contact is sallyhotter@hotmail.com

Not ballet exactly but as a starter just right for 2 - 4 year olds!

There's also a place in Grosshadern near U-Bahn Haderner Stern (U6) called Ballettschule W. Krisch. They have classes starting from 3 years on. My daugther loves her teacher and the classes (she started age 4).

Most of the recommendations here are too far for us to travel. Does anyone have any experience with school in town or the Pasing ballet school?