Series of sex attacks!Perp/v active in Frankfurt

13 posts in this topic

I have to say I really admire all these women who have successfully fought off this man. Hats off to them and their courage, and I hope they catch him soon.

Have never felt unsafe walking anywhere around Frankfurt, but this guy gives me the creeps.

Going from the times and days of the attacks, the perv/perp may be working a night schedule which puts him on the streets very early on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings (and, in at least one case, late evening) so I'm just bumping this to alert as many folk as possible before this week's matching time window.

On a side note:

I read the OP just after MLD's post #2 and gave moondancer a green for opening the topic. I was surprised and disappointed to see it had been negated by the time I posted the above translation and phantom picture. I couldn't imagine why anyone would find any reason to neg the OP. Then, on further consideration, I thought it may have been either due to frustration at an inability to read the linked German Polizei report or the slightly sensational tone of the original topic title; 'Pervert on the Loose in Frankfurt' - 'Please read the police description'. So I hope moondancer's OK with the title edit and that some folk might be so good as to acknowledge the OP's good intent by hitting the + button on Post #1.

2B

Hope some vigilantes get him.

I find this kind of "opinion" almost as shocking as the news and you should be ashamed.

Acute pain :angry: is slowing me down, but I'm 3/4 through translating an update released on Friday 8th November. I hope to post it in full tomorrow or the day after. Meantime here are the key points:

Up to Friday there were no further reported attacks since those listed in the initial appeal. The police received 350 leads from the initial appeal which are currently being investigated by a large expert working group. Polizei and prosecutor are now also investigating those behind a Facebook page which came to their attention. It was apparently set up to "help hunt the perpetrator" and, they say, had photos posted which may breach various laws. They said the page is hampering rather than helping their work.

2B

Sorry about the delay in posting this. As indicated above more directly personal matters had me distracted for longer than anticipated.

The following was translated from the report posted on 8th November by the Frankfurter Polizei on http://www.pressepor...nachtrag-zur-pm

08.11.2013 11:31 | POL-F: 131108 - 1034 Frankfurt: hunt for sex offenders is intensively (Addendum PM 131029-1005)

Frankfurt (ots) - As reported the Frankfurt police are searching for an intensive sex offender who, since the 19th October 2013, has tried six times to rape women. The last act occurred on 27 October. Since that day no further incidents were reported.

From the beginning the Police have had a lot of staff, both undercover and uniform, on this case. The investigation of the perpetrator is in full swing. A working group was formed using all modern forensic science opportunities.

This investigation is of a broad public interest and has been widely supported. Since the release of the phantom image the police received to date approximately 350 tips from the public which are now being processed and gradually incorporated into the operational measures.

In this process the police became aware on a Facebook page dedicated to the "hunt" for the sex offender. Images of people as well as names and addresses and much more have been uploaded.

The Frankfurt police wishes to make clear that this is no publication by, of or from the police. In addition parts of the contents are, at least, breaches of data protection and privacy rights. In collaboration with the Frankfurt prosecutor these are currently being investigated for their criminal relevance.

Police vice-president Gerhard Bereswill distances himself expressly from this questionable "investigation" and points out that "that private and professional environments of groundless persecution usually, experience shows, reacts violently with incalculable consequences for those affected. Nature and content of the contributions do not contribute to regular education at all, but do more harm than good."

The criminal investigation is still interested in receiving any relevant information and further welcomes this under the current phone number 069-755 51399.

The website http://www.polizei-beratung.de contains information for those interested. http://www.polizei-b...ualdelikte.html has valuable tips and hints about behaviour and other information about sexual offenses.

(André Sturmeit, telephone 069-755 82112)

It appears, despite the sober wording of that report, that the attitude of the Frankfurt Polizei to self-appointed "hunters" (or vigilantes?) is, to put it mildly, quite critical. On first glance that may seem to be a stark contrast to the Munich Police's apparent welcoming attitude to the publicising of photographs, which apparently resulted in the successful identification and apprehension of an alledged rapist in the city, this month. However the photos publicised in Munich were not only released by the Police, but had been taken immediately after the reported attack on a vehicle in the area by on-board video cameras operated by Munich public transport. I haven't seen the content of the Facebook page mentioned in the above report, but "Images of people as well as names and addresses and much more.." suggest a much more dangerous aspect than the mere reprinting of pictures or descriptive information officially approved for public release.

2B