Permanent residence permit (Blue Card)

451 posts in this topic

To show proof of B1, does it have to be a B1 certificate from Goethe or can it be proof that one has passed a B1 German Language course? 

17 hours ago, endsee said:

To show proof of B1, does it have to be a B1 certificate from Goethe or can it be proof that one has passed a B1 German Language course? 

Doesn't necessarily have to be from Goethe. Several other certificates are also accepted. Please see Link

On 10/13/2014, 2:21:06, tedesco said:

I had my appointment in the KVR today.

Everything went well and I moved now from Blaue Karte to Niederlassungserlaubnis. :) I am working in Germany since 08/12 (26 months) with the Blaue Karte and have the B1 certificate.

B1 test or course certificate? could you apply and get it?

Hi Guys,

I have a short question.

What if I don't want Niederlassungerlaubnis, but I wanted to extend only the validity of Blue card. Is this possible, if yes when I can apply for the extension i.e., before how many months of blue card validity expire.

On 9/17/2020, 10:33:18, BOB'd Great said:

Hi Guys,

I have a short question.

What if I don't want Niederlassungerlaubnis, but I wanted to extend only the validity of Blue card. Is this possible, if yes when I can apply for the extension i.e., before how many months of blue card validity expire.

Actually, the AB would be more than happy to renew your Blue Card rather then granting you a NE. When applying for NE the AB would prefer you to speak German during the appointment, if you can not speak a word in German they can say that you do not qualify for NE as you miss the ground language knowledge. I've heard some rumors that from March 2020, even the Blue Card holders should have B1 certificate for applying for NE, but I think the experience depends on the person that will handle your application. 

Hello,
I'm a non-EU multimedia designer/developer with 2d/3d design skills and web programming.
I'm about to get a contract from a company based in Munich which I already work for remotely from my country for several years. The contract salary is going to be 46,000 Euro/year, My university degree doesn't match my working field since my degree is BA in history, However i can get several recommendation/experience letters from my past clients, so in this situation i'm wondering if i'm eligible to apply for a bluecard giving the above mentioned salary, education and skill set or it's a must in my situation to have a contract with a salary above 55,200?

In IT there is a shortage of qualified people in general. If this also applies for multimedia design is the question. A BA in History is not helpful, but an university degree it is. Do you have IT certifications? This is stronger than a recommendation letter. The salary threshold for positions with a shortage is €43K: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aamt/zugastimaa/buergerservice/faq/02a-what-is-the-blue-card/606754

18 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

In IT there is a shortage of qualified people in general. If this also applies for multimedia design is the question. A BA in History is not helpful, but an university degree it is. Do you have IT certifications? This is stronger than a recommendation letter. The salary threshold for positions with a shortage is €43K: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aamt/zugastimaa/buergerservice/faq/02a-what-is-the-blue-card/606754

@LukeSkywalker Unfortuinatly i don't have an IT certificate but i already work for that german company remotly for the past 4 years and it's the same company that i'm going to work in when move to Germany, So do you think that an experiance certificate from that company in adition to other experiance certificates/recommendation letters from other clients from EU and US can elemenate the need for the relevant academic degree and makes me eligable to apply for the blue card?

I don't know how the German authorities will handle your case. You can submit your application with all relevant info you have incl. a letter of recommendation by your employer and wait.

I had helped many friends and colleagues with their blue cards and permanent residences, and regarding to the language requirements I could say it is a bit of luck.

One did an online course and spoke a bit when dropping all the documents and was ok, no questions asked and his permanence residence granted.

Another sent the documents by post...so never spoke a word of German, but included A1 certificate.

My girlfriend's sister had no certificate but she has a good command of the language and had no problem.

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone who applied for the Blue Card and received it recently? I had the appointment on September 17th (not a renewal, applied for the first time) and I received the letter which includes PIN code last week. Does anyone knows how long it takes to receive the IDs after the receipt of PIN codes?