Permanent residence permit (Blue Card)

414 posts in this topic

On 24/02/2019, 04:41:33, ilyann said:

You need to have the knowledge, not a specific certificate. The internal guide book of AHB Berlin ( https://www.berlin.de/labo/willkommen-in-berlin/service/downloads/artikel.274377.php ) unfortunately doesn't clarify how exactly they are supposed to verify the knowledge:

> Eine gesonderte Prüfung der Grundkenntnisse der Rechts –und Gesellschaftsordnung und der Lebensverhältnisse im Bundesgebiet, vgl. § 9 Abs. 2 Nr. 8 AufenthG, findet aufgrund des anzunehmenden geringen Integrationsbedarfs nicht statt. Im Übrigen muss der Antragsteller lediglich über einfache Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügen.

so it is theoretically possible to be either tested for A1 or sent to get a certificate, but anecdotally it doesn't happen. 

Hi ilyann,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I didn't understand the 'but anecdotally it doesn't happen' part. does it mean they never send anyone out (just give the Permit) or may depend on the person?

I heard that they give written and speaking tests. I don't know that information is real or not.

I can basically introduce myself, my family, and tell where I came from. That's basically the only thing I can say in Deutsch.

Thank you.

It means that I know a few examples of people who received the NE and said that there were no specific language tests (I would be one of those cases, but I did bring the course confirmation, so I can't claim that I didn't have any documents) and none that said that there were. So I think you should be fine, but you cannot rely 100% on this information.

The definitely give written and speaking tests for some other residence permits (as described in the manual I cited), just not for the NE after 33 months of BC. 

3 hours ago, ilyann said:

It means that I know a few examples of people who received the NE and said that there were no specific language tests (I would be one of those cases, but I did bring the course confirmation, so I can't claim that I didn't have any documents) and none that said that there were. So I think you should be fine, but you cannot rely 100% on this information.

The definitely give written and speaking tests for some other residence permits (as described in the manual I cited), just not for the NE after 33 months of BC. 

Thanks a lot. This is kind of a reliever. I already have a document from a Language College (which approved by ABH) that I have finished a number of Hours and completed an A1 course. I hope that the document may help.

Thank you again.

Hello All,

Today, 12th March. I went for my PR appointment at Berlin, Kepler Str. I have shown Blue Card,  Green Leaf, my Passport and Submitted Feb Payslip and Employment contract and also paid 113 Euros.

They have not collected my Blue card and its Green leaf yet.

Lady told me I will get an email in 6 weeks so that I can go there again to collect the Card.

Is anyone recently experienced in Berlin or in General what happens after paying 113 Euros?
How long it might take to get the response back from them?
Do they ask again to submit my Salary Payslips or Employment contract when I go there again?

Please share your experiences! Thanks.

On 3/12/2019, 12:57:20, thought said:

Hello All,

Today, 12th March. I went for my PR appointment at Berlin, Kepler Str. I have shown Blue Card,  Green Leaf, my Passport and Submitted Feb Payslip and Employment contract and also paid 113 Euros.

They have not collected my Blue card and its Green leaf yet.

Lady told me I will get an email in 6 weeks so that I can go there again to collect the Card.

Is anyone recently experienced in Berlin or in General what happens after paying 113 Euros?
How long it might take to get the response back from them?
Do they ask again to submit my Salary Payslips or Employment contract when I go there again?

Please share your experiences! Thanks.

To share my experience:

- No specific questions as such, however, she was trying to speak in German all the time. 

- First, she told that Am I here for your Permanent Settlement? I didn't get her, She repeated, I understood only one-word Niederlussungserlabnis from her, with doubt I said 'Yes' as my answer.
- Second, She told that, Did you get an invitation to this appointment via email from X person? Again the same problem, I only understood the Name of X person, I said Yes and showed my email invitation :)

- And then she asked me to pay the money on the 2nd floor and come back here to the same place in German. I understood and Said Yes.

- She asked me to sign on the paper in the rectangle box, I understood and I did.

- Finally, She said, I will get an email in 6 weeks and then I can collect my PR Card from her(To be honest, I didn't quite understand her that I should collect or again I have to come back with some more documents)

To be honest, I didn't speak any word. I hope it goes well for you as well. Don't worry too much. Try to speak as much as you can to show our interest and commitment

I did not get any paper or anything.  I only have a receipt for 113 Euros payment.

I have to wait now to receive an email from them and I hope they will not ask any documents and I will get my PR Card.

Hope it helps!

Hi TurMech,

Could you please tell, what are the document you have submitted for below query during your NE process.?

"Went there on the given date, resubmitted all the documents and gave fingerprints, but unexpectedly i was asked to prove that my bachelors degree was from a 4 year university."

19 hours ago, SBKUMAR said:

Hi TurMech,

Could you please tell, what are the document you have submitted for below query during your NE process.?

"Went there on the given date, resubmitted all the documents and gave fingerprints, but unexpectedly i was asked to prove that my bachelors degree was from a 4 year university."

Hi SBKUMAR,

I contacted with the Office of Student Affairs of my university by phone, explained them the situation, and requested them to send me a scanned image of a signed, stamped letter in English or German, in which the duration of the program is mentioned. They sent it in an hour, and i forwarded it to the officer dealing with my case.

Hi All,

Hoping to get some advice. I am holding the Blue Carte and recently applied for  Niederlussungserlabnis but unfortunately on the first appointment, they weren't happy with one of my documents and asked me to come back 5months later which was the next available appointment. I met all the requirements, 34months in germany working with a salary above the threshold, and B1 level .

The issue is, I changed jobs since my last appointment and started my new job in April and I have a 6months probation (naturally!). Will this be an issue for applying for  Niederlussungserlabnis? My Blue Carte only had a 2year tie to my old job so i didnt even notify them when i changed jobs. The first appointment they had already checked all my pay slips and stored it on file. Should i now be bringing my one month "new" payslip to this appointment even though they generally want to see at least 3 months or even the last year in my case.

Appreciate any advice!

Hello All, 

I need some advice regarding carrying out my NE application.

A little background: 

I started working as an intern in Germany in September 2016 for 9 months from September 2016 til May 2017.  I got the job in the same company and got my Blue card as well with it. I worked from July 2017 til August 2018 which is about 14 months. After which i  changed my job and started working from mid of September 2018 till date. 

Work History:

9 month internship (Type D work visa)

Blue card (August 2017 till date) - For 1 month i had the normal work visa type D.

I would be completing my 21 months mid of May with Blue Card and I also have successfully passed B1-Prufung.

I applied for an appointment for NE and received the following list of documents needs to be provided: 

- ausgefüllter Antrag, Kopie vom Reisepass, B1 Sprachnachweis, 33 Monate Rentenversicherungsnachweis (Wartezeitenauskunft), Arbeitsvertrag, aktuelle Arbeitgeberbescheinigung, Gehaltsnachweise der letzten 3 Monate, aktuelle Mietbescheinigung

I have two question: 

1. Why are they requesting a 33 Monate Rentenversicherungsnachweis?

In total after calculating, i have worked for around 31 months till now which also includes my 9 month internship. 

Can somebody explain me what exactly this means? 

• Wartezeitauskunft der Deutschen Rentenversicherung (mindestens 33 bzw. 24 Monate Pflicht- oder freiwillige Beiträge zur gesetzlichen Rentenversicherung).

2. I applied for Rentenversicherungsnachweis (Versicherungsverlauf) from Deutsche-Rentenversicherung. It had information until 2018 only and did not include the information from 2019. How can i request from them to include information for 2019 as well? 

Your advise on this would be helpful. Should i wait another 2-3 months and then apply for NE? 

Thanks in advance. 

On 5/1/2019, 9:20:50, confusedtraveller said:

Hi All,

Hoping to get some advice. I am holding the Blue Carte and recently applied for  Niederlussungserlabnis but unfortunately on the first appointment, they weren't happy with one of my documents and asked me to come back 5months later which was the next available appointment. I met all the requirements, 34months in germany working with a salary above the threshold, and B1 level .

The issue is, I changed jobs since my last appointment and started my new job in April and I have a 6months probation (naturally!). Will this be an issue for applying for  Niederlussungserlabnis? My Blue Carte only had a 2year tie to my old job so i didnt even notify them when i changed jobs. The first appointment they had already checked all my pay slips and stored it on file. Should i now be bringing my one month "new" payslip to this appointment even though they generally want to see at least 3 months or even the last year in my case.

Appreciate any advice!

Probation shouldn't impact the NE. You have to prove you can financially support yourself - so bring your last 6 months (1 from new, 5 from old job) paychecks.

On 12/05/2019, 17:40:57, Storamin said:

Probation shouldn't impact the NE. You have to prove you can financially support yourself - so bring your last 6 months (1 from new, 5 from old job) paychecks.

I went today and as you said, they didnt seem to mind at all! Thanks for the comforting advice and in 8weeks i should get my PR. Hurray!

On 7/2/2014, 3:45:05, rebellion87 said:

Okay,

I got it. Apparently it is easy to get it. Just go to any Deutsche Rentenversicherung office in your area. They can even send it to you per post if you call them.

However, I have another question: This certificate has only pension payments for 2012 and 2013 but not for 2014 since they get it at the end of the year. How can I prove that I have been contributing to the pension scheme for this year as well. I got only two salary slips in this year cause they do not send them every month, except when there is some change. Would the pay slips help at all?

Thanks

Hi,

I am having somewhat similar scenario. The certificate has pension payments from 2016, 2017 and 2018 but not from 2019. How did you manage it? Were you asked about it or not?

Thanks,

On 5/27/2019, 11:47:12, audaciousknight said:

Hi,

I am having somewhat similar scenario. The certificate has pension payments from 2016, 2017 and 2018 but not from 2019. How did you manage it? Were you asked about it or not?

Thanks,

Bring your paychecks for 2019. They should be aware that the Warteauskunft doesn't show current year contributions

On 6/2/2019, 12:53:30, Storamin said:

Bring your paychecks for 2019. They should be aware that the Warteauskunft doesn't show current year contributions

Thank you for your input.

Going to apply in the start of July. Lets see how it turns out.