Permanent residence permit (Blue Card)

414 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, thought said:

I have an appointment on 12th March 2019. My question is mainly on How strict is the speaking test on German on that Day?

I have cleared my A1 from Goethe and submitted the Certificate to them. 

What kind of appointment, where, what test and who is "them"? 

On 11/12/2018, 7:30:38, TurMech said:

I received the letter explaining the elektronischer Aufenthaltstitel last friday, and went and picked up my Niederlassungserlaubnis today. i would like to thank to each and every person, who contributed with their experiences to this legendary thread, which i believe every Blue Card holder should read. I personally have read many times from the beginning to the end.

My experience is as below;

• Started working in Germany with a Blue Card on 01.01.2017 (Actually started with a D-Type visa, but obtained the real blue card at the end of march),
  • Obtained B1 certificate in May 2018,
  • Sent the first email to ABH in March 2018, to ask for an appointment in early October 2018, which corresponds to right after the completion of 21 months of Rentenversicherung payments (but that was also before i obtained the B1),
  • The first information was that, the 21 months time would be clocked starting from March (the date i received the real blue card), but then agreement was reached that, the time should be counted from the first day of work,
  • After waiting for some time for the appointment date to be given, i went to ABH and requested an appointment date in early October, and was given an appointment on October 4th.
  • Went there on the given date, resubmitted all the documents and gave fingerprints, but unexpectedly i was asked to prove that my bachelors degree was from a 4 year university, 
  • The next day i submitted the relevant document, and 2 weeks later i received an email saying that everything is fine and my card was being ordered.
  • Approximately 3 weeks later i received the letter, and today, after 22 months and 12 days in Germany, i received my NE.

The biggest takeaway for future applicants would be to ask for an appointment date as early as possible, and try to send as many required documents as possible at one package, instead of sending them part by part. 

Dear TurMech, 

@TurMech

I live in Hamburg and faced with a similar situation. can you let me know which Auslanderbehorde did you apply through ?  I was asked to come to the appointment last week and only to be informed that I dont satisfy the 21 months requirement after receiving the Blue card. The fact is that I have contributed to roughly 20 months during my time in 2011 & 2012, when I had my first blue card. I was informed by the employee in the Auslanderbehorde nord that my previous stay&contributions with blue card wont be counted. Is there any law which i can cite to them or any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, 

K

4 hours ago, thought said:

I have all the necessary documents only worry is my Language Test.

what language test are you expecting?  they don't perform a language test at the Abh for the NE - if you have passed language exams with recognized orgs, you should bring those certificates.  that's it.

if you are trying to apply for the NE under the "short" term rules with a bluecard (21 months) then you NEED a B1 certificate, as far as I know. But you haven't told us what exactly your circumstances are so no one can guess. for a 5 year NE they may or may not be willing to check your command of German via conversation during the application, but again, no one can guess.

it's pretty much a slam dunk if you have the B1 cert.  you should always be prepared to communicate in German during a visit to the Abh as it's not uncommon that they simply refuse to speak English.

59 minutes ago, gk24 said:

The fact is that I have contributed to roughly 20 months during my time in 2011 & 2012, when I had my first blue card. I was informed by the employee in the Auslanderbehorde nord that my previous stay&contributions with blue card wont be counted. Is there any law which i can cite to them or any help would be appreciated.

Where have you lived and what have you been doing since 2013?

18 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

What kind of appointment, where, what test and who is "them"? 

Sorry!

I have finished 33 months with A1. I was looking for Suggestion on PR final interview regarding German Preparation located at Kepler Str Berlin.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, lisa13 said:

what language test are you expecting?  they don't perform a language test at the Abh for the NE - if you have passed language exams with recognized orgs, you should bring those certificates.  that's it.

if you are trying to apply for the NE under the "short" term rules with a bluecard (21 months) then you NEED a B1 certificate, as far as I know. But you haven't told us what exactly your circumstances are so no one can guess. for a 5 year NE they may or may not be willing to check your command of German via conversation during the application, but again, no one can guess.

it's pretty much a slam dunk if you have the B1 cert.  you should always be prepared to communicate in German during a visit to the Abh as it's not uncommon that they simply refuse to speak English.

Thanks for the info!

I have a Blue card and I have finished 33 months with A1 from Goethe. I was looking for Suggestion on PR final interview regarding German Preparation located at Kepler Str Berlin.

Language Test I mean, do they only speak in German and what kind of general questions they might ask during the interview. 

Thanks!

Hi gk24,

My answers are below, hopefully they'll be helpful;

On 2/9/2019, 3:53:32, gk24 said:

I live in Hamburg and faced with a similar situation. can you let me know which Auslanderbehorde did you apply through ?

Hamburg Welcome Center, or in other words Hamburg-Mitte.

On 2/9/2019, 3:53:32, gk24 said:

I was asked to come to the appointment last week and only to be informed that I dont satisfy the 21 months requirement after receiving the Blue card. The fact is that I have contributed to roughly 20 months during my time in 2011 & 2012, when I had my first blue card. I was informed by the employee in the Auslanderbehorde nord that my previous stay&contributions with blue card wont be counted. Is there any law which i can cite to them or any help would be appreciated.

Previous stays are counted. You could use this reference (link). BUT, AFAIK, if you made an Abmeldung after your previous stays, the time spent is reset. Then you need to make a fresh start from day 1 with the next Anmeldung.

8 hours ago, thought said:

I have a Blue card and I have finished 33 months with A1 from Goethe. I was looking for Suggestion on PR final interview regarding German Preparation located at Kepler Str Berlin.

Language Test I mean, do they only speak in German and what kind of general questions they might ask during the interview. 

Thanks!

If you have the A1 certificate, and have been holding the Blue Card for 33 months, then you have no obligation to communicate in German. There is neither a further language test nor an interview. Just an application. If you are concerned that you can not communicate during the application, you can take a German speaker with you. 

I don't know the situtation in Berlin, but at the Welcome Center in Hamburg (Hambutg-Mitte), all the officers speak English. That is probably why they are called "Welcome Center". They are there to welcome newcomers. Maybe there is somewhere with a similar setup in Berlin.

20 hours ago, TurMech said:

Hi gk24,

My answers are below, hopefully they'll be helpful;

Hamburg Welcome Center, or in other words Hamburg-Mitte.

Previous stays are counted. You could use this reference (link). BUT, AFAIK, if you made an Abmeldung after your previous stays, the time spent is reset. Then you need to make a fresh start from day 1 with the next Anmeldung.

Thanks, thats certainly helpful. 

The people in the auslanderbehorde are the dumbest people. They cant work with anything other than square (defined straight forward cases). 

I am also a German master graduate with more than 32 months of pension contribution and German level TELC B2 certificate. I can get a NE with just 24 months of residence and pension contributions. They bullshit me now that It would be considered only if applied straight 24 months of work after my graduation back in 2012. I left Germany to work for another Company in Switzerland and only to come back for this nightmare. 

Cheers, K

On 2/9/2019, 4:53:45, engelchen said:

Where have you lived and what have you been doing since 2013?

I left Germany and worked for a company in Switzerland for 4 years and came back to Germany Nov 2016 as an Entreprenuer, and founded a company and sold my company to another company in Jan 2018, Feb & March job suchen visa and from April 2018 been working in Hamburg with a Blue card. 

on the application date or appointment day for PR through blaue karte  for instance 21 plus B1 or 33 plus A1 . how they do that ? is there any german language interview  when you guys applying PR on appointment day.and when the desicion will be given ? right there or later ??

4 hours ago, cyborg said:

on the application date or appointment day for PR through blaue karte  for instance 21 plus B1 or 33 plus A1 . how they do that ? is there any german language interview  when you guys applying PR on appointment day.and when the desicion will be given ? right there or later ??

This is not regulated in the law and depends on the person sitting across you, but (a) the communication is, of course, in German, (b) they will ask you if you have any German test certificates or course attendance confirmations, (c) depending on the answer they may talk to you to determine your language ability.

On 2/10/2019, 6:47:34, TurMech said:

I don't know the situtation in Berlin, but at the Welcome Center in Hamburg (Hambutg-Mitte), all the officers speak English. That is probably why they are called "Welcome Center". They are there to welcome newcomers. Maybe there is somewhere with a similar setup in Berlin.

That's quite a civilized way to go about it. But no, I have read so many reports that the Berliner Beamte in the Ausländerbehörde clarify to applicants that they are not allowed to speak English (Amtssprache ist Deutsch...) that I do not doubt that this is indeed so.

On 2/10/2019, 6:42:03, TurMech said:

BUT, AFAIK, if you made an Abmeldung after your previous stays, the time spent is reset. Then you need to make a fresh start from day 1 with the next Anmeldung.

I have never heard about that, I don't remember the AufenthG having a similar provision and the information in the link says

Periods of holding an EU Blue Card are credited towards this period. Moreover, any periods of residence holding a previous residence permit are credited if the foreigner held a higher education qualification and received a gross salary that satisfied the minimum salary thresholds stipulated below during this period:

exactly to make sure that high-skilled people are not getting into too many problems when they are moving between the countries. It's probably worth looking into whether they made a mistake.

On 2/11/2019, 2:52:02, gk24 said:

The people in the auslanderbehorde are the dumbest people. They cant work with anything other than square (defined straight forward cases). 

This attitude, however, is not really helpful.

Imagine that your work is unique and you cannot hire more people. It's likely the quality of the work of you and your team does would go a bit down if you suddenly had to produce 3 times more results (see e.g. https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/ueberlastung-beim-bamf-bundesregierung-bereitet-fristverlaengerung-fuer-asyl-ueberpruefungen-vor/23744440.html )

9 hours ago, ilyann said:

I have never heard about that, I don't remember the AufenthG having a similar provision and the information in the link says

Who cares what the link says, why don't you try reading the actual law.

15 hours ago, cyborg said:

Lying to the ABH on your application is also a criminal offence in Germany. Failing to disclose pending criminal charges is considered a lie of omission. 

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the NE after holding the Blue Card for 40 months. I don't have the A1 certificate but I have a letter from a Language school (which is recommended by Ausländerbehörde Berlin)  stating that I have completed the A1 course at their institute. (I was originally planned to do the certificate but, had to postpone my planes).

Will this be enough? I heard that during the interview for NE, officers give language tests ? Is this true? there is so many information flying around, and hard to determine the correct ones.

Thank you

On 2/17/2019, 12:51:53, engelchen said:

Who cares what the link says, why don't you try reading the actual law.

You can feel free to not care what the link to the official BAMF page says, but I do care. First, this is one of the first pages that appears when people search for a "Blue Card Germany". Second, this is the official result and it's being supported by my taxes; if I find an error there I will certainly complain. So far I am not aware of any factual errors on the page though. 

On 2/19/2019, 10:22:13, thimothy said:

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the NE after holding the Blue Card for 40 months. I don't have the A1 certificate but I have a letter from a Language school (which is recommended by Ausländerbehörde Berlin)  stating that I have completed the A1 course at their institute. (I was originally planned to do the certificate but, had to postpone my planes).

Will this be enough? I heard that during the interview for NE, officers give language tests ? Is this true? there is so many information flying around, and hard to determine the correct ones.

Thank you

You need to have the knowledge, not a specific certificate. The internal guide book of AHB Berlin ( https://www.berlin.de/labo/willkommen-in-berlin/service/downloads/artikel.274377.php ) unfortunately doesn't clarify how exactly they are supposed to verify the knowledge:

> Eine gesonderte Prüfung der Grundkenntnisse der Rechts –und Gesellschaftsordnung und der Lebensverhältnisse im Bundesgebiet, vgl. § 9 Abs. 2 Nr. 8 AufenthG, findet aufgrund des anzunehmenden geringen Integrationsbedarfs nicht statt. Im Übrigen muss der Antragsteller lediglich über einfache Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügen.

so it is theoretically possible to be either tested for A1 or sent to get a certificate, but anecdotally it doesn't happen.