Permanent residence permit (Blue Card)

451 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheVoid said:

I will get in touch with ABH to check on how to proceed, that's my plan. I just wanted to know if anyone has any info on this, that's all. 

You can’t leave Germany if you don’t have a valid residence permit. Go to ABH now then go again when you have passport so that you will transfer your residence permit to your new passport

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lonedev said:

You can’t leave Germany if you don’t have a valid residence permit. Go to ABH now then go again when you have passport so that you will transfer your residence permit to your new passport


Jut one thing i read  is that my residence permit is valid but my permit card is not, which then i need to register a new one to my passport. But i will confirm all of that tomorrow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any luck accelerating the processing time for the Niederlassungserlaubnis application by using an immigration attorney? I submitted all of my paperwork 14 weeks ago and the local ABH will only say they are examining the application. It seems like other folks have had their applications processed in as little as 6 weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asart said:

Has anyone had any luck accelerating the processing time for the Niederlassungserlaubnis application by using an immigration attorney? I submitted all of my paperwork 14 weeks ago and the local ABH will only say they are examining the application. It seems like other folks have had their applications processed in as little as 6 weeks.

I dont think using a lawyer will make much difference.  

I had my appointment in Berlin this year on March 13, left all my papers but they told me they needed to check somethings firts and that they will sent me an email once that was done. Then I got an email later  saying all was ok, and to come for an appointment on April 19 with my passport and 113€. They did not give me the card that day, they asked me if i wanted a card i would need to provide a photo and wait 3-4 weeks or I could get a sticker in my passport that same day. So I decided to wait for the card which came exactly 3 weeks later. So,  June 30 I got my card. So 14 weeks  aprox. (without the time you have to wait for the appointment). 

I hope this helps! good luck, and again, I dont think a lawyer can speed up anything. I did all myself, and my german is not the best ;-)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, asart said:

Has anyone had any luck accelerating the processing time for the Niederlassungserlaubnis application by using an immigration attorney? I submitted all of my paperwork 14 weeks ago and the local ABH will only say they are examining the application. It seems like other folks have had their applications processed in as little as 6 weeks.

 

Is it the München KVR? What did they tell you?

 

I thought they will approve the Niederlassungserlaubnis mit Blauer Karte EU (§ 19a Abs. 6 AufenthG) right away and the only thing you need to wait is the plastic card (eTA).

 

Same as Blaue Karte EU, they approved the application and give me the eTA pickup paper on that day and I only had to wait for the eTA about 6 weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the Regensburg ABH. They've told me twice now that they are reviewing the application and that if they need anything they will contact me. The initial timeline I was told was inside of 2 months, which already seemed longer than typical. Now at over 3 months it's a bit grueling waiting for any updates.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about Berlin PR application process.

I am going to finish my 33 months in Jan 2019. Expect my A1 certificate(I am planning to get it before December), all documents I can submit :) 

Please help me to clarify the information regarding the appointment dates.

* How do we take an appointment to submit all the document? (Can we take an online appointment or send them through an email or send all documents through direct mail)

* Whether I can make an appointment now to submit in Jan 2019 or wait until Jan 2019 to take an appointment?

* Can I send all the documents with application form via mail(Post) in Jan 2019?

Please help me to process in a better so that I can save time 

Waiting for your answer. Thank you so much in advance for the information!! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thought said:

* How do we take an appointment to submit all the document? (Can we take an online appointment or send them through an email or send all documents through direct mail)

 

You can't make an appointment. You need to submit all the documents to the ABH (by mail or E-Mail) and after they review the docs they'll send you a letter by snail mail with an appointment and a list of the documents they want you to bring with you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, 

Can anybody tell me if there's going to be a problem when I apply for PR after completion of 21months as per date on my Bluecard with a limited 2 years of job contract. 

My job contract is valid till end of this year 2018 and I complete 21 months as per Blue card issued date in november. I started working in Jan 2017 and the blue card was issued in end of FEB 17, so when I contacted to the Ausländerbehörde they told me I am can apply after 21 months as per my Blurcard issued date. I am already having B2 german language certificate. 

Thanks!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018, 4:45:14, thought said:

I have a question about Berlin PR application process.

I am going to finish my 33 months in Jan 2019. Expect my A1 certificate(I am planning to get it before December), all documents I can submit :) 

Please help me to clarify the information regarding the appointment dates.

* How do we take an appointment to submit all the document? (Can we take an online appointment or send them through an email or send all documents through direct mail)

* Whether I can make an appointment now to submit in Jan 2019 or wait until Jan 2019 to take an appointment?

* Can I send all the documents with application form via mail(Post) in Jan 2019?

Please help me to process in a better so that I can save time 

Waiting for your answer. Thank you so much in advance for the information!! 

 Last year, in June, I went with all my papers to the AB in Berlin. They told me tha for an apointment, they will send me and invitation and didnt not take any of my documents just 1 form with my request. So you go to the AB the day they accept people without an appointment and go with a complete  form thats online for requesting PR and give it to them, no documents, just that form. Then, 3 month later, you will receive a letter with an appointment and a list of documents to bring, I got this letter in Sept. and the appointment was for end of Nov. So, 6 months after requesting the appointment.

 

Good luck!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MECHboy said:

Hello everyone, 

Can anybody tell me if there's going to be a problem when I apply for PR after completion of 21months as per date on my Bluecard with a limited 2 years of job contract. 

My job contract is valid till end of this year 2018 and I complete 21 months as per Blue card issued date in november. I started working in Jan 2017 and the blue card was issued in end of FEB 17, so when I contacted to the Ausländerbehörde they told me I am can apply after 21 months as per my Blurcard issued date. I am already having B2 german language certificate. 

Thanks!!!

Im no expert, but judging from my experince requesting the PR, they do look carefully  that you are currently employed at the moment when you are doing the request. They will ask you for your work contract and a letter from HR saying you are currently employed. They asked me 2 times for this letter as they needed always to make sure during the long process my request took that I was still employed. So I would think that if you manage to get an apointment any time soon and get them to process all before your contract expires, it might be possible. My process took 1 whole year, from the moment i requested the appointment till I got my card ( June 2017 - May 2018). And I didnt have any issues or incomplete files, no problem on my side, just the normal time of the process here in Berlin.

Again I am no lawyer or have any studies about this topic, I am just tellng you my experience. Would be a good idea to consult a lawyer maybe, or when you go to the AB to give your form requesting an apointment, you could ask them directly, so you dont waist your time and have a Plan B if needed.

theres a joob seekers visa as well for Germany, if you dont want to leave the counry that might work. 

Best of luck to you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, emmamita said:

 Last year, in June, I went with all my papers to the AB in Berlin. They told me tha for an apointment, they will send me and invitation and didnt not take any of my documents just 1 form with my request. So you go to the AB the day they accept people without an appointment and go with a complete  form thats online for requesting PR and give it to them, no documents, just that form.

 

What should the poster go there in person when he can send the form in by mail? :blink: Going in person is a waste of his time and just makes more unnecessary work for the officials.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.9.2018, 11:31:56, MECHboy said:

 

Can anybody tell me if there's going to be a problem when I apply for PR after completion of 21months as per date on my Bluecard with a limited 2 years of job contract. 

My job contract is valid till end of this year 2018

 

Of course it will be a problem to obtain an NE if your contract is expiring! Have you found a new job yet?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.9.2018, 12:31:56, MECHboy said:

 

My job contract is valid till end of this year 2018 and I complete 21 months as per Blue card issued date in november. I started working in Jan 2017 and the blue card was issued in end of FEB 17, so when I contacted to the Ausländerbehörde they told me I am can apply after 21 months as per my Blurcard issued date. 

 

This is not true. You are eligible to apply on October the 1st, because previous employment duration that satisfies the blue card requirements also count. Moreover, you probably had a D type visa, ob which blau Karte is written before the issue of the physical card, meaning that you were already working with a blue card since day one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TurMech said:

 

This is not true. You are eligible to apply on October the 1st, because previous employment duration that satisfies the blue card requirements also count. Moreover, you probably had a D type visa, ob which blau Karte is written before the issue of the physical card, meaning that you were already working with a blue card since day one.

 

You are correct regarding the employment time calculation (21 months of employment that satisfies the conditions).

 

However note that if MECHboy applies while on the contract that expires soon, even if that may satisfy the requirement "work for 21 months", it's not clear that he will satisfy the requirement "have secure financial situation", unless he provides some other documents to that effect (a rich uncle recently died...).

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018, 4:45:14, thought said:

I have a question about Berlin PR application process.

I am going to finish my 33 months in Jan 2019. Expect my A1 certificate(I am planning to get it before December), all documents I can submit :) 

Please help me to clarify the information regarding the appointment dates.

* How do we take an appointment to submit all the document? (Can we take an online appointment or send them through an email or send all documents through direct mail)

* Whether I can make an appointment now to submit in Jan 2019 or wait until Jan 2019 to take an appointment?

* Can I send all the documents with application form via mail(Post) in Jan 2019?

Please help me to process in a better so that I can save time 

Waiting for your answer. Thank you so much in advance for the information!! 

 

While the other provided answers are correct per current situation, it might change, so the best you can do is take a look at the we page to see if there are appointments / write an email if you have any questions a couple of months before your 33. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018, 4:12:02, engelchen said:

 

What should the poster go there in person when he can send the form in by mail? :blink: Going in person is a waste of his time and just makes more unnecessary work for the officials.

 

 

 

To be fair, after the forms are sent by mail one is still required to come to the ABH two times (provide fingerprints and get the card). If they provided a simple appointment to drop the forms and simultaneously provide the fingerprints I would consider that an improvement.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ilyann said:

 

You are correct regarding the employment time calculation (21 months of employment that satisfies the conditions).

 

However note that if MECHboy applies while on the contract that expires soon, even if that may satisfy the requirement "work for 21 months", it's not clear that he will satisfy the requirement "have secure financial situation", unless he provides some other documents to that effect (a rich uncle recently died...).

 

 

Yes, that is the critical part. But he will be eligible for ALG1 for 12 months, which accounts for 60 or 67% of his current income. Does that not itself prove that he is financially secure at least one more year. Though I see the chicken and egg situation here ( expiration of residence permit and eligibility of ALG1 ).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> Does that not itself prove that he is financially secure at least one more year.

That is exactly something that proves that he is secure enough to allow him to stay and look for work, but not to receive permanent residency (NE).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilyann said:

> Does that not itself prove that he is financially secure at least one more year.

That is exactly something that proves that he is secure enough to allow him to stay and look for work, but not to receive permanent residency (NE).

 

What proves exactly “have secure financial situation “ requirement? If he had a, say 6 months longer contract, or a year, would that be adequate, or only an unlimited contract serves for this purpose?

 

Is it all at the discretion of the officer at the foreigners office? Could he reject even if there is an unlimited contract?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now