Permanent residence permit (Blue Card)

418 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am a non EU r citizen and have a blue card.

I have got it now but I have worked 1.5 year in Germany already.

So I am interested if anybody knows how to apply for permanent residence(or citizenship) and if the 1 year will be considered or I can apply only after 2 years of having blue card?

Whether it will be considered or not depends on a particular person at Ausländerbehörde. As the law is relatively new they may or may not know how to apply it with regards to permanent residency.

You should insist at Ausländerbehörde that previous employment time as a high-qualified person should be counted for permanent residency. You can get official confirmation by contacting either Bundesministerium für Innern or Bundesanstalt für Migration und Flüchtlinge (BAMF).

thanks for answer, and what should I ask them? how that confirmation document is called in English?

In your case you need to apply for PR/'Niederlassungserlaubnis' under 19A, Para 6 (check the links provided). You need to wait for 33/21 months depending on your German language skill. Your previous work experience in Germany would count, provided they satisfied the Blue card conditions.

http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/working.html (states that your salary has to be above 46K or 36K(only for limited fields) to satisfy blue card prerequisites.)

http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/residence-act/bc.html (see Number 6 : To obtain Niederlassungserlaubnis under 19A, paragraph 6)

Thanks for answer.

Good to know.

One more question. Does anybody know what is advantage of this niderlangsubnis?

thanks for answer, and what should I ask them? how that confirmation document is called in English?

You don't need to ask them, this is needed only in case Ausländerbehörde refuses to give you NE. In that case just ask them exactly the same question as you ask here. They will not send you a document, they will just reply you and you can use this reply to argue with Ausländerbehörde.

One more question. Does anybody know what is advantage of this niderlangsubnis?

It's permanent residence. No more Ausländerbehörde, you just stay in Germany forever until you leave it for more than 6 months. In the latter case your permanent residence become void.

you just stay in Germany forever until you leave it for more than 6 months. In the latter case your permanent residence become void.

That is unless you obtained special permission from the AB, BEFORE you left the country.

It's permanent residence. No more Ausländerbehörde, you just stay in Germany forever until you leave it for more than 6 months. In the latter case your permanent residence become void.

Wasn't this increased to 12 months after the blue card was introduced?

No.

Source: AufentG § 51, (1)-7:

(1) Der Aufenthaltstitel erlischt in folgenden Fällen:

wenn der Ausländer ausgereist und nicht innerhalb von sechs Monaten oder einer von der Ausländerbehörde bestimmten längeren Frist wieder eingereist ist,

No.

Source: AufentG § 51, (1)-7:

i asked because i saw this:

Inhaber einer Blauen Karte EU, die diese seit 18 Monaten besitzen, haben das Recht, in einen anderen EU-Staat (Ausnahme: Großbritannien, Irland und Dänemark) weiterzuwandern. Dies ist in fast allen EU-Staaten ohne Beantragung eines Visums möglich. Zudem darf sich der Inhaber der Blauen EU Karte bis zu 12 Monate außerhalb der EU aufhalten, ohne das Aufenthaltsrecht in Deutschland bzw. der EU zu verlieren.

quoted from: http://www.landkreis-harburg.de/buergerservice/dienstleistungen/aufenthaltserlaubnis-erteilung-zur-ausuebung-einer-hochqualifizierten-beschaeftigung-901001214-0.html

It's written in the end of §51 (damned legalese!)

(10) Abweichend von Absatz 1 Nummer 7 beträgt die Frist für die Blaue Karte EU und die Aufenthaltserlaubnisse nach den §§ 30, 32, 33 oder 36, die den Familienangehörigen eines Inhabers einer Blauen Karte EU erteilt worden sind, zwölf Monate.

But it's about Blue Card and residence permit for family members of BC holder. Does it automatically apply to Niederlassungsarlaubnis granted after Blue Card? I don't know.

Hi All

I am a non EU r citizen and have a blue card.

I have got it now but I have worked 1.5 year in Germany already.

So I am interested if anybody knows how to apply for permanent residence(or citizenship) and if the 1 year will be considered or I can apply only after 2 years of having blue card?

Hi,

I just got my permanent residency. I got my blue card 9 months ago when my original 2-year residence permit was about to expire. I am in Germany for a total of 33 months and 2 weeks currently.

So to answer your question: Yes, your previous 1 year will be considered provided it fulfilled the same blue card conditions in terms of salary requirements and continuous payment of pension without any interruptions.

Hope this helps

Hello people, I need an advice as I will be completing 33 months and had gone to AB to get an appointment for NE, they have asked me to bring proof of my pension contribution for 33 months. I spoke to the call centre (Deutsche rentenversicherung) and tried to explain the lady what I need and she told that document is called versicherungverlauf.

Can you guys confirm if this will have the details or can I not show my salary slips which has the amount deducted from my salary

Thanks & regards,

bsd

Hi. I got my permanent residency in Niedersachsen recently, and I had to have this official letter from the Rentenversicherungsbund, stating my contributions into the system. As far as I know, just showing salary slips for this is not sufficient.

In my case, I went to their local office and they were able to give me this letter, no big deal.

You can also get it online if your eAT has the online PIN activated. Link below

Please not only the previous calender years are available (e.g. 2012, 2011). I submitted this and a document from my company for the pension deductions for the current year

http://www.deutsche-rentenversicherung.de/Allgemein/de/Navigation/5_Services/02_online_dienste/01_online_dienste_index/versicherungsunterlagen_anfordern_node.html

Hello people , I have one more question, I submitted all my documents for NE as I have completed 33 months and fulfill all conditions. I yesterday received letter that I submit proof of A1 german language. Although I have already done course upto A2 and enrolling for B1, I have not taken the test yet. Can some one please confirm if I need to take the test as I didn't seem to be sure that we need to give the test for NE for blue card holders.

Well, the law states that you need to know basic German (einfache Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache).

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/aufenthg_2004/__19a.html

It's up to beamter to decide whether you need to submit a test or simple conversation in German is enough. Why don't you call them and ask if you can proceed without a test, just by talking to beamter?

P.S. Just curious, in which state/city do you live?