Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thousands of Heinz baked beans tins stolen

6 posts in this topic

More than 6,000 tins of beans have been stolen from a parked-up lorry.

Thieves cut a large hole in the curtain-sided lorry and took nearly two pallets of the tins of Heinz baked beans with sausages.

The lorry had been parked in a lay-by on the A441, at Cookhill, near Redditch, Worcestershire, when the raiders struck.

The driver had been asleep in the cab when the tins were taken during Monday night.

"Police are appealing for information, especially about anyone trying to sell large quantities of Heinz baked beans in suspicious circumstances," a force spokesman said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-24637628

Well the giveaway is gonna be the fart smell.

I'm sure I have plain clothes police staking out my house....

Gosh, if someone's stealing baked beans things are getting serious. And the weather is beginning to call for them here, too. Guess it's time to pull out the cookbook and get to work. Dried beans, molasses, powdered mustard, onions and salt pork - work your magic! "Folks with plenty of beans, they gots a lock on the door", with apologies to Ira Gershwin and DuBose Heyward..

There is a brilliant movie set in Glasgow I think by the maker of Gregorys Girl where some bored young lads attempt to get rich by stealing 200 stainless steel sinks

"That Sinking Feeling"

I would suggest John Kerry as a prime suspect. Elections are coming up and no one can afford Obamacare. :lol: And since his wife owns the company... ok, it was the Butler in the living room...with the candlestick. No brainer....