Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Visiting Regensburg in November; pre-planning

6 posts in this topic

I just got word today that my request for a waiver is denied. That means I have 5 months to be processed out of the Navy. Also, I remembered that I have 45k in a retirement Roth IRA which I can pull out for "higher education" without much in penalties. I can use that to stay in Germany at least another 6 months (on top of the 3-4 already planned for), hopefully long enough to learn the language and pass the test to get me into the university. Enough about my old topic though...

I'm visiting Regensburg in November to talk directly to the schools and scout out places to live. I'd like to be able to talk to anyone from this site who is in the area and knows a bit about it, so I can have a better idea on what to expect on a first hand basis. Anyone and everyone is welcome to just hang out with me for a beer or two as well, if you have no other reason to do so. I'd like the company for the 2 weeks or so that I will be there.

So, people like Perdido, I would appreciate meeting you in person and will gladly take any advice you would have to give. I really only have this one chance to fulfill my dream of a college degree in brewing, even though I can draw out that chance for 10 months now, I'd really like to avoid any possibility of failure. If that's even possible, of course... :P Thanks for your support guys.

Easy answer. If on facebook join the Regensburg Stammtisch. I can also set you up with a few people to talk about being a brewmaster if you want. I can also set you up with a guy who was the RA(resident asst)at the school I mentioned to you in your other thread. Now if you are in the states before coming here I request a Sunday New York Times edition(I dont care how old it is) as your fee. Good luck/Viel Glück!

Well, lucky you, as I plan on attending a friend's wedding in upstate New York on my way to Germany. So, it will be recent, as long as I remember to get it! Definitely appreciate the offers of help. I look forward to being there soon, and I will check out that page on Facebook. Thanks again man.

Oops I meant Regensburg English Stammtisch. I am so use to just saying The Stammtisch. Anyway once on there give a brief summary of what you are looking for etc. Most of the englsih speakers in Regensburg are on that and not TT.

I figured that was the one. Just waiting to be approved and then I'll be sure to do that. Thanks again man.