Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Payout against holidays

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have resigned from my existing company and had some leaves remaining which my company is willing to payout as I have not availed due to some tasks which I had dot complete. My question is regarding the calculation of the payment. If I have e.g. 10 days which are being encased, Should it be calculated as (10/ (days in a month)) multiplied by monthly salary or the holidays should be divided by no. of working days.

Is there any rule in Germany which I can read to understand the system

Regards,

bsd

I would suggest you take your normal monthly salary (before tax and other deductions),and divide it by the normal number of days you work per month.

This should give you a rough estimate of what you can expect.

Another option would be to say that 10 day is about a third of a month, so take your monthly salary and divide it by three...

If you have a new job set up and waiting for you, then a pay-out is probably a good idea as it frees you of any connection or moral obligation to the company.

Divide your yearly salary by 52, then you have your weekly salary. Divide that by 5 again and then you have your daily salary and that is how much a vacation day is worth.