EXPATTAX - Thomas Zitzelsberger - English-speaking tax advice, available to clients Germany-wide

137 posts in this topic

I just wanted to add that I spoke with Thomas Z. by phone the other morning, and had the same experience that pretty much everyone else seems to have had: He was friendly, helpful, generous with his time, and his explanations were clear and easy to understand, despite the complexity of the topic. (I'm relocating to Berlin soon, and trying to sort out tax issues related to U.S. rental income, my wife's soon-to-be-partial employment by her U.S. company, etc.)

Dear all,

Filled in the online contact form here.

Thomas phoned me back personally within 24 hours and gave me the advice I required. Very professional, efficient and friendly.

Thank you Expattax, thank you Thomas!

Regards Angus

I have just used Thomas Zitzelsberger from Expattax. I was struggling with being paid for work as a freelancer due to the complexity of the German tax system. Thomas Zitzelsberger arbitrated with the company and there accountants and I received my payment. I would highly recommend him for any tax problems. He was, friendly, very efficient and knew what he was doing. I found him looking on Toytown where he was highly recommended by users for all tax problems and he can be contacted with the details below.

Thomas Zitzelsberger

Steuerberater

Spitzelbergstraße 12B

81476 München

Tel 0049-(0)89-780 18 197

Fax 0049-(0)89-780 18 727

tz@expattax.de

www.expattax.de

I have had the pleasure of Thomas Zitzelsberger looking after my tax affairs since 2008. I first read about Thomas on the TT forum and thought it was about time that I shared my positive experience in dealing with him. When I initially spoke to Thomas he gave me some very useful advice and, at no cost! I had some back tax issues from previously working and living in Germany and he sorted them out extremely efficiently and quickly, at a reasonable price.

I like Thomas’s relaxed and pleasant manner both verbal and written - he takes the stress away from having to become involved in one of the world’s most complicated tax systems. I will continue to use www.expattax.de and also not hesitate to recommend Thomas to the expat community.

I would just add my recommendation for Thomas Zitzelsberger and Expattax.de. I had used them some years ago to set-up as a freelance consultant and make sure all German tax issues were OK and I could use the online ELSTER system. Recently I needed some quick expertise and opinions on freelancing, issues with joint and individual tax returns, and general communication with tax authorities. Thomas himself was able to offer very clear and simple advice on all matters in a short phone call, so that all my issues were sorted and I could move on.

Dear Warrenk,

sorry for not getting back to you. I am afraid I was totally wiped out by a terribly flu virus for a good while now. Please do get in touch again and i am sure we will find a solution for your situation. Looking forward to speaking with you.

EXPATTAX - Thomas Zitzelsberger, accountant

tz@expattax.de

I just spoke with Thomas this morning. He has perfect english and an extremely friendly manner.

He gave me some excellent advice concerning tax on the sale of my property in Berlin.

I would definately recommend Thomas to anyone needing clear and concise advice.

I also recommend Thomas. When I had questions, he called me immediately the next day. He's very efficient, friendly and helpful! I almost wish he was based in HH as unfortunately I am starting a business and require a tax consultant here.

He's quoted on BBC News today:

All Germans who are officially registered as Catholics, Protestants or Jews pay a religious tax of 8-9% on their annual income tax bill. The levy was introduced in the 19th Century in compensation for the nationalisation of religious property.

"If your tax bill is for 10,000 euros, then 800 euros will go on top of that and your total tax combined will be 10,800 euros," Munich tax accountant Thomas Zitzelsberger told the BBC news website.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that too when I was browsing the news on my phone yesterday.

It's a good job they got him to explain what 8% means, because I was scratching my head over that one.

8% of €10,000 is €800, who would have guessed?

I am a native English speaker who used to live and work in Germany. I took a redundancy package (Abfindung) last year from my German employer and needed detailed assistance to minimise my tax exposure in Germany, prior to moving with my family to BC, Canada.

Thomas and his colleague Stefan Burger could not have been more helpful in their approach to me and in their due diligence. They even ensured that I could successfully claim the cost of flights from Stuttgart to BC! The final tax return from the German tax office was even better than I had hoped, thanks to Thomas and Stefan. This level of service was exceptional and very reasonably priced. They made it look so easy. I am happy to recommend Thomas and Stefan without reservation.

Does he mean tax bill as in what you have to pay to the tax office after you have had your tax return done or the tax deducted from your income before you do your tax return?

I would imagine a lot of people don't get a tax bill they get a tax refund and quite small ones - how would the fee be calculated then?

Or does he mean overall tax contribution for the year?

So income tax deducted for the year -tax refund (+tax bill)?

Just send him an email and ask. Or you could call him - he and his colleagues all speak good English. My boyfriend is using his services at the moment and Mr Zitzelsberger phoned and emailed on multiple occasions to discuss the particularities of his case (it's a bit complicated) before starting the actual work that he charges for. He's making a complicated task very easy!

I talked yesterday with Thomas, and he was hugely helpful, has a very clear and down to earth speech. He really knows what he's talking about and his fees are very acceptable. I might use his services in the future!

Luis Pinto

Have contacted this guy twice in the last year and got a response that he was too inundated with work to deal with me now and he would get back to me. Alas he never has.

Are there equally useful or good advisors people can recommend in the Frankfurt & Aschaffenburg regions?

Also for just your basic advice... standard tax status and returns for an unmarried couple where one is a freelancer working from home.... pension investments and so forth... what do you generally expect to pay an advisor? Nothing specific, just a kind of X1...X2 ball park range would be nice as I could not even begin to guess right now.