EXPATTAX - Thomas Zitzelsberger - English-speaking tax advice, available to clients Germany-wide

136 posts in this topic

Thomas is fantastic! Im from the US with minimal German language skills. I expected to file normal taxes at the end of the year and then got caught up in the administrative conundrum that is VAT! Monthly filing what?! I needed some clarity and Thomas responded so quickly and so completely, I cant recommend it enough. Seriously, taxes in any country can be confusing, but this guy is making it THAT much easier! And its nice to feel like someone is on my side to handle this stuff now in my new Berlin home. Thanks Thomas!!

Thomas was recommended to us by Patrick Ott and we were very pleased with his quick response to our request. As a working couple one expat/one DE contract with a view toward long-term stay, Thomas addressed each questions we had prepared and then took extra time to provide indepth "what if" details for our specific taxes, investments, and earnings. As we transition I will be utilizing Thomas for our tax planning and reporting.

G. Rush

I would just like to add my positive feedback regarding Thomas and his colleagues.

Very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Highly recommended.

I've also been using the services of Thomas and his team since I came to Germany 5 months ago,

and I can only say possitive things about it.

The rates are reasonable and the communication is great.

Thank you!

Is Thomas Zitzelsberger still active? I have sent two contact requests in the past 2 weeks. So far there is no reply :-(

I contacted Thomas around 6 weeks ago,I used the contact from on his ad-page. never heard anything back from him.

I don't know if this just means his contact page isn't working or if he just doesn't need the extra business!

I have emailed Herr Zitzelsberger and had no response. Presumably he is too important these days for a humble freelancer such as myself.

I contacted Thomas over the weekend, and I was pleased to get a reply monday morning, He was polite, and gave me some good advice. Very helpful! Thanks!

I contacted Mr Zitzelsberger via his contact form on the 5th June. I received the following verification: "The following message has been sent. Thomas Zitzelsberger will contact you as soon as possible." I then received an e-mail on the same day: "I am currently out of the office, returning Thursday, June 16th 2011. I will try to respond to urgent matters asap. Kind Regards, Thomas Zitzelsberger". I have not heard from him since - I did not contact him again as I assumed he had a huge backlog from his holiday, so I was surprised to read the above posting from thomashamer getting an immediate response.

I kinda feel sorry for this guy..

He has a buisness to run, and does so very well.

Its usually the late lazy expats who what their tax problems sorting out yesterday that put extra and un-nessacary pressure on him and the other Advisors.

I also have the same problem with folk leaving it till the last minute to make the nessacary changes.

If he is too busy or not interested, why doesn't he send a quick e-mail to say sorry that he can't deal with the request so that the person can find another tax adviser, instead of the person wasting their time waiting for a response that doesn't come. All I want is a civil & professional response to an enquiry.

Just to give an update on my above posting - I received an e-mail today from Thomas Zitzelberger which was sent to everyone who sent an e-mail enquiry to him from early 2011 - it states that they have just found out that in a few isolated cases, due to a technical error, enquiries were redirected to a separate email account and were therefore never replied to. The letter apologises for this and invites you to contact him again. So this seems to be the reason some of us did not receive a reply.

It goes without saying that the advice from Thomas was invaluable. Made me feel a lot easier about my situation. Phoned when he said he would and adviced like a professional.

I would recommend him highly and would not hesitate to go back.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Sam

Dear friends,

With due respect to Thomas and no offence to anybody, I will like to share my honest opinion with everybody relating the tax return in Germany. I guess everybody here is quite accustomed to using internet and based upon my experience so far, I would recommend filing the tax return online, it is very simple thanks to Google Translate!! Since I am not advertising any website here, so I won't be mentioning any names so that people might take a wrong meaning from my post that I am doing this with an intention to advertise anything or speaking against/for anybody here.

I got an offer for a very well known website which generally charges 15 Euros for online tax return and using the offer, I could file my online return for only 5 Euros and I got deservedly, a very good return back!

So a little effort and you can save a lot and at the same time get back a very good return!!

Cheers,

sur...

Well, good for you, sur...BUT: the laws are so complex here and - especially if you´re self-employed - a good tax advisor is worth their weight in gold. There´s too much to consider.

Disclaimer: I´m neither a tax advisor nor do I know Thomas.

What I do know is, I took piles of files to my tax advisor today ( nearly got lumbago..loads of files ) and I don´t want the hassle of dealing with that stuff. Life´s too short.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

I would recommend filing the tax return online, it is very simple thanks to Google Translate!!

Famous last words.

Hi guys!

Am pretty fresh here in D-dorf, I am a freelancer since May this year and thought would be a good idea to get a Steuerberater since I find the German tax system/bureaucracy very fuzzy...and my German language knowledge is at it's basics.

I see that Mr.Z is very recommended here, so I wanted ask if he is still taking clients or are his hands full?

If anyone knows another good, English speaking St.Berater, drop me a line here. Will be very thankful for any suggestions :)

Thanks in advance!