EXPATTAX - Thomas Zitzelsberger - English-speaking tax advice, available to clients Germany-wide

137 posts in this topic

i spoke to thomas, after a frustrating experience in figuring out the tax system in germany...i had previously spoken to couple of other consultants but obviously the communication was difficult as i do not speak enough german and the others did not speak enough english.

however when i found thomas's number and called him...we had a 15mins conversation and i really felt lighter in every sense of the word. what seemed to be impossible system, was nothing more then 5 steps of rubbish (as jeffery wud say). i can't thank this man enough for a free enlightenment of the german burocratic tax system.

i would strongly recommend thomas to you all for all your tax problems.

regards

I've just had a chat with Thomas and I would highly recommend him to anyone having tax issues.

I emailed him at 2 in the morning and he called me the next day with friendly, succinct advice. A short 20 minute chat has made everything a lot simpler and I now know which way to move forward.

I will definitely use his services in the future when the time comes. Thanks Thomas!

I've had occasion to call Thomas on the matter of a slightly tricky inheritance tax issue.

In response to my PM, he phoned me and put the issue into the kind of perspective I needed.

Twenty minutes well spent on the telephone has greatly helped me.

I can thoroughly recommend Thomas. He is professional, highly knowledgeable without being patronising

and just the kind of person you need to help out in tax matters when you prefer to speak English or need second

opinions.

Has Thomas...disappeared? I sent him a number of e-mail inquiries and also a request on his website and got no response.

I sent Thomas a contact request and he called me the next day. I spent 15-20 minutes discussing some tax questions I had with him. He was extremely professional and I would highly recommend him. He didn't even charge me for the consultation! I currently live in the UK and am looking to move to Germany and if I do I will definitely be using Thomas as an Accountant.

My experience of dealing with Thomas is entirely positive, he responded to my initial enquiry almost immeadiatly and we arranged a short *free* initial telephone consultation the same morning. Over the phone Thomas came across as knowledgable, honest and friendly. Net result: I don't need the services of a tax consultant right now but as and when I do, I know exactly who to speak to.

I have a rather complicated living and employment situation and turned to Thomas for help. He responded within hours! After a free 15 minute consultation we decided that we needed to schedule a longer chat. This longer chat answered all of my questions and put my mind greatly at ease. I will be using his services in future when I return to Germany from the UK, as his advise is sensible and canny. I can only recommend him to others who are baffled by the complexities of trying to live and work across two countries.

Hey, I emailed him, but got an autoreply that says he's full till the end of this year. Can anyone else recommend me another good steuerberater?

Same here. It says they're booked through the end of the year, try them next year. Ugh.

IIRC that's his rate, or 400€ to do a complete filing for your tax return for you for which he does everything and takes over power of attorney so letters from the Finanzamt go to him and he deals with any questions for you direct with them. You can offset these fees on your coming year's tax return too.

yes, those are his quoted rates though I do not think it is at all good practice for you to post them on a board like this without his permission.

IIRC that's his rate, or 400€ to do a complete filing for your tax return for you for which he does everything and takes over power of attorney so letters from the Finanzamt go to him and he deals with any questions for you direct with them. You can offset these fees on your coming year's tax return too.

All good Steuerberater should do this for you, mine also does this, not sure about the last comment though

You can offset these fees on your coming year's tax return too.

you USED to be able to do that but I think that that was stopped at beginning of 2007 or so, not too sure or too interested as my Steuerberater does it all for me ;-)

As an alternative I can recommend mine with whom I have been for the last 9 years...

Theresia Lindner

Bahnhofstr 4

83661 Lenggries

tel: 08042 91050

Hi all,

Thomas has provided me expert advice on my tax options working as expat in Germany. I found him to be extremely professional and knowledgable on ex-pat tax issues here. I am delighted to have found him through this website and I would highly recommend him to anybody.

David.

Lucky for some that Thomas seems to work out for, can some one pl recomend a taxadviser in berlin for the unlucky ones that Thomas didnt get back to?

I'd be patient. There's no reason to meet your tax advisor in person, post works well for receipts and papers. I get the impression that Thomas is very busy...

Oh, and halfright - I spoke to Thomas and he mentioned that these fees can still be offset against tax, although we may have been talking about a 2007 return.

Hello all!

I´m very interested in contacting Mr. Zitzelsberger, but haven´t been able to get in contact with him. Is anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps he is just very busy ( I imagine) but I´m curious how you all got in contact with him. I sent an email through the website, sent it twice actually, and haven´t gotten a response yet... it´s been about 2 weeks.

I talked to him once more than a year ago when I first arrived in Germany, he gave me a call a day or two after I sent an email, and answered a few questions free of charge that really helped me out, so I´d like to work with him... if I can just get into contact. :-)

We do have some months before our taxes for 2008 are due... so I suppose we have time to wait - but any advice would be helpful. Thanks for your time!

Matt