Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for wood to build a desk

5 posts in this topic

We are new to the Bavaria area. We are near Amberg and Nuremberg and are looking for a place to buy wood to build furniture with. We are looking to make a desk and end tables. We've looked at OBI, but are looking for something with a little more diversity in the selection of wood. Anyone know of a place in the area that we might look into?

Kloepfer

They have all sorts of quality wood for furniture

Klöpfer Holzhandel

Standort Nürnberg

Klöpferholz GmbH & Co. KG

Donaustraße 37

90451 Nürnberg

Telefon [09 11] 648 07 - 0

Telefax [09 11] 649 23 73

Nuernberg@Kloepfer.de

www.Kloepfer.de

Öffnungszeiten

Montag bis Donnerstag 7.30 - 17 Uhr

Freitag 7.30 - 16 Uhr

Sakblack, welcome to Bayern. I am sure you are finding the cost of wood here to also be expensive. If you are willing to considering do something a wee bit different, I have a suggestion. This year I decided that my kitchen was needing to be replaced and wanting to do it different and with a lower cost. I collected shipping palets and used them. If you are having the tools and time, I have found this to be very less in cost and also made fun for me. My kitchen is not a small one, so it was taking time. But what was nice was that I rarely paid for the palets I collected and there were many boards I was able to use. The highest I paid for one palet was 5€! I found fotos on the Internet to use for ideas which also helped. I am recommending this as an alternative. There are many positive points to using these woods. I hope you are finding what you need.

I would not recommend that. Especially not for kitchen furniture. Palets are treated with rather unhealthy stuff to keep them from rotting.