Stitch and bitch knitting circle

2,009 posts in this topic

@ eiris

We are still active - we just don't tend to post much on this board. Feel free to join us any Sunday - we're at Treeman's from about 5pm until they close. The staff will direct you to our tables if you can't find us, though we're usually fairly obvious!!

I would be interested in meeting up, especially as it's on a Sunday. Any help would be appreciated I'm new to the area.

Hi Selenity!

We meet up on Sundays, at Treemans Cafe - address details in first post. We don't do a sign up, just come along if you want. We usually start arriving around 5pm, and we finish up around 9 when the cafe closes. You don't need to come for the whole time. We have tables reserved, so if we're not obvious, ask one of the cafe staff.

The cafe is easy to get to with Tram 27 - it's between the Elizabethplatz and Kurfürstenplatz stops. Bus 53 also stops at Kurfürstenplatz, or it's a short walk from Hohenzollernplatz on the U2.

If you need any more info, just ask

Sue

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This Sunday - September 16 - we will be meeting at the San Francisco Coffee Company (cnr Hohenzollernstrasse and Belgradestrasse - right near Kurfürstenplatz) from 5pm on.

Another venue change this week.

Our usual cafe is moving to a new location so we’ve been trying to find an interim place that’s conveniently located on an U-Bahn or S-Bahn line.

This week, we’re meeting at Coffee Fellows at their Munich> Leopoldstr. 70 location. They are open until 10pm, unlike SFCC who close at 8.

Coffee Fellows locations

Hi!

I'm new to knitting (and Munich)but have been wanting to get started for some time! I will join this Sunday :D

I dont have yarn or needles yet - can anyone recommend where in Munich to get them? Nevertheless, i will come along to say hi, whether i have equipment yet or not!

Hi Angie,

There are quite a few places around to get knitting supplies. Wolle Rödel is on Rosental, just near the Viktualianmarkt, and has a lot of basic yarns and needles. You can also try the craft department of any Karstadt store - the one between Karlsplatz and Hauptbahnhof has the largest range, but even the smaller ones have some. If you're just starting out, lighter colored yarn of a midweight, and needles around 4-5mm are good choices.

Sue

Our family is moving to Munich in 9 days. Meeting up with you guys is one of the first things on my list to do! Hope to meet you all soon :)

Michelle (a Canadian currently living in California)

I am sick so i wont be able to meet this weekend :-(

I have been to buy my supplies though, so i am all ready for next weekend!

******** IMPORTANT UPDATE **********

We've found a new location where we can make reservations, so we don't have to keep stalking seats like we've been doing the past few weeks! We have had to push back the starting time a bit in order to make it work.

so, from next Sunday - October 28th - we'll be meeting each week at:

Cafe Jasmin

Steinheilstrasse 20

80333 München

Starting from 5:30pm - the good news is they are open late, so we can stay past 9pm if we wish.

The reservation is under the name 'Celina'

The Cafe is near the corner of Augustenstrasse, just down from Theresienstrasse UBahn station.

Hi there,

I've been wanting to knit/crochet for a while now and have decided to go for it since the Wolle Rödel store is right by the bus stop I've started using since we moved.

If anyone been at that store recently you may have noticed this beautiful earth-colour shawl at the window display (left side) which caught my attention. I've decided I wanted to try and make it. I went in and got the booklet which offers instructions and realized that shawl is a crochet. I know that ideally I should start with something simple but since I've crochet a bit years ago, I'm thinking I'll just practice a bit and get right back into it (crazy?).

Anyhow, when I look at the instructions, I might as well try to read Chinese. I know some German, but it's really the crochet-specific terms that I need to get familiar with. Googling for videos and instructions online can get me familiar with the techniques (Luftmasche, Kettmasche etc.) but I need help in putting this together and making some sense out of those instructions. Can any of you crochet? Would anyone be familiar with the German instructions for that and can walk me through this? if yes, I'll buy some yarn and the needle and join you all on Sunday. If not, I guess I'll need to take a class (recommendations?).

Thanks much,

Limi

i.e. from the instructions - Rippenmuster in Runden: Stets 2 M rechts, 2 M links im Wechsel...

Would anyone be able to refresh my memory about knitting socks? I knitted socks 5 years ago, but forget. I can drive to Munich from the Kaiserslautern area. I would be available on the weekends. I would be willing to pay someone for the lesson.

.e. from the instructions - Rippenmuster in Runden: Stets 2 M rechts, 2 M links im Wechsel...

this means: Knit ribbing in rounds: always : alternate knit 2 , pearl 2

Hope that helps: M is short for Maschen or stitches, rechts is knit and links is pearl, Stets just means always until they give you another instruction

Have Fun!!