Stitch and bitch knitting circle

2,009 posts in this topic

It's easy to miss - lots of event postings tend to use the sub-title to update information. And now it's mentioned in the thread, others will realise to check it in future. Good luck with joining them next week. I've just started knitting again after a bit of a break - still haven't made it much past hats, scarves, dishcloths and squares to sew up into blankets but that suits me for a while. Just enough concentration required to keep me awake but still able to let my mind wander freely (mostly it even comes back :P:lol: )

Hats sound incredibly advanced to me!

I can knit anything as long as it's rectangular and plain. Now that you've pointed out the updated address to me, it's all I can see and I can't believe I missed it! Will definitely join in again next year (o/s for 2 weeks). :)

@colonisethemoon - sorry you didn't find us. We can't change the first post unfortunately, which is why it still says the old address. Treemans pulled the plug on the Oberanger location in October, so we moved to the Nordendstrasse cafe.

Also - Next Sunday is Christmas day, and Treemans is closed, so there's no SnB next week.

is snb on this sunday??? and where will it be held??

i am new to knitting and not sure where i can get some knitting needles in munich???

or does anybody have a spare pair i might be able to borrow just for sunday??

Yes, it's on and we're at the address given both in the subheading and in the first post.

There are a number of stores you can get knitting supplies in Munich. Wolle Rödel on Rosental (near the Viktualienmarkt) or Karstadt near Hauptbahnhof will both have the basics.

Looking forward to meeting you!

I just learned how to knit and crochet over the holiday (I have only made headbands). But I would love to come and learn more. I'll try and come tomorrow but if not then another Sunday for sure!

@bentonj6 - if you're reasonably coordinated, it's not that hard to pick up. These days, there are so many resources available - books and online, as well as 'real live people' - to help you get started. We welcome new knitters - come along one Sunday and introduce yourself. Let us know if you need help with getting supplies.

I have been wanting to learn to knit and would love to join you all on Sunday. Will you be meeting at TreeMans this Sunday? Could you also suggest a good shop where I could buy some supplies?

I would perhaps like to join this upcoming Sunday, but don't want to be there by myself ;) Any others for sure going?

There are usually between 8 and 15 of us there - we're just not very active on TT right now! We're usually fairly obvious - the large group of people with knitting - but if you're there a bit early, the staff will show you where we usually sit.

@Kateland - we meet just about every week. We'll be there for sure this Sunday. Just come along between 5 and 8ish pm and bring whatever you'Re working on.

@sososuture - you can just come along and meet us. If you do need someone to help you get started, it's best to post here before you come, as we don't always have spare yarn/needles. We can also help you find places to buy supplies.

Oddly enough, a mother at the hort was talking about this meetup at our summerfest last friday. So apparently it does still happen. Hope you find them!