Stitch and bitch knitting circle

2,009 posts in this topic

Curious if this club is still meeting. Please advise. If there is one this Sunday I have someone interested.

Thanks, Doris

Yes, we're there every Sunday. With the hot weather of late we have been discussing meeting at a beer garden for a change, so just keep an eye on the thread. :)

I would be interested as well... don't know how but would love to learn!!! I know how to sew, needlepoint, etc... but never learned to knit or crochet. I'll "watch" this forum and hope there are more interested.

Cheers

Hi Katysek and RedRunner,

yes, we still exist! We meet on Sunday's at Treeman's Cafe, Oberanger 26 from 5pm till close. Usually we're right at the back of the Cafe.

I'd love to join you too. I used to do knitting when I was very very young, but never persued it to adulthood. Where in Munich can you get the necessary kit?

Angie - there are quite a number of yarn stores in Munich.

Wolle Rödel on Rosental, just near the Viktualienmarkt and Ludwig Beck - behind the main part on Marienplatz, on Burgstrasse are the most central. The staff, though, tend not to have much English if that's an issue for you. Strickeria München on Nordendstrasse (just near the Nordendstrasse stop on Tram 27) is also good, and I've had luck finding an English speaker working there in the past.

project for you guys? http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/penguins.asp

Yes, we're still an active group, we just don't post much. We meet pretty much every Sunday, from 5pm @ TreeMans, Nordendstrasse 62-64. Just come along and you should see us there. If you can't find us, ask the staff as they reserve our tables.

Hope to see you soon.

Yes, it's on today. We never let a little bit of snow stop us, or we wouldn't knit for all of January. They have a nice fireplace right near where we sit, so it's very cosy once you're there.

Well I rugged up, packed my yarn and set off - but I couldn't find it! I found Oberanger 26, Hirsch Restaurant and a Treeman's sign...and there the trail went cold. Even a girl living at 28 had never heard of it. Did you guys knit a hole in the space/time continuum or am I completely incompetent with directions?

I looked in the archive for you and the problem is this:

TreeMans, Nordendstrasse 62-64

She posted the wrong address. Ah well. Stuff happens.

Actually, it looks like the venue simply moved since the original posting in 2006 and the new address is in the correctly updated sub-title to the thread. Still annoying to be traipsing around in the snow but at least you'll be able to find it next time.

Oh, thank you gail123 - at least I know I'm not going crazy. I should have checked the archive but even my iphone was confident Treeman's was at Oberanger!

Know for next time. :)