Skyline Plaza is Open!

25 posts in this topic

Still quite like this place but can understand the specific complaints about it as well. Skyline is a disaster for the developer/investor for exactly the reason why I like it - the place is basically empty aside from the food court at lunch time or on weekends.

Being more a focused buyer than browsing shopper, the whole toilet thing is not an issue for me - though can understand that this would be a nightmare for families who are looking at hours in the place.

I've heard that the developers promised the city it would be a high-end luxury mall, and would bring in traffic from the surrounding region, not just cater to Messe traffic.

Seems like none of the boutiques from the Goethestraße wanted to move, though, so once the unremarkable anchor stores moved in, the rest of the mall just became a generic local one, remarkable only because it is so unremarkable, despite the hype.

I've heard that the developers promised the city it would be a high-end luxury mall, and would bring in traffic from the surrounding region, not just cater to Messe traffic.

to me the mall seems a lot like it should have become a high end mall, but didn't made it.

to me the mall seems a lot like it should have become a high end mall, but didn't made it.

Sounds like the Mall of Berlin. Was supposed to be high end Retail but it flattened out to average mainstream stores with two or three semi high brands.

What is it with the nonexistent food court concept in most malls??? Toilets are rare almost everywhere :-(

Is the Luxury Department Store project on Goethe Strasse coming together yet?